Tipping at Remy

dolly25

Mouseketeer
Has anybody just tipped 20% of the upcharge? For example, $150/couple would be a $30 tip.

Has anybody just tipped 20% of the upcharge? For example, $150/couple would be a $30 tip.

We personally play it by ear, depending on service. The baseline is 20%, though. Last two times we've tipped $25 for the brunch and $30 for the dinner, which was commensurate with service.

I simply would not feel right tipping $30 for the meal and service that you get at Remy. No way. I tip 20% of what the meal would normally cost.

to clarify, i guess generally we’ve tipped 20% of the bill and rounded up. i always get a wine pairing so......

if i were at a restaurant like this on land, with wine, for 2, i would guess it would be ~$600? i think the most we’ve tipped for 2 might have been $100? we just went for brunch - i’ll have to ask the hubs what we tipped! so i guess i lied now that i think about it, but i know we haven’t quite tipped on par with how we would at V&As for example

I simply would not feel right tipping $30 for the meal and service that you get at Remy. No way. I tip 20% of what the meal would normally cost.

Normally cost where? You are already paying a $75 (or $50 for brunch) per person premium over cruise fees. You already paid for a meal which you aren't consuming and then a premium on top of that.

I've eaten at Michelin star/Diamond rated joints in Montréal and SanFran that were better, fresher and tastier than Remy. We dropped ~$150pp in those. No way I'd put Remy on par with those.

How was the food at REMY??

It's non-mass-produced Chef/gourmet food. So the food will always be of great quality. The menu varies very little, though, so even the 2nd or 3rd time, it will be "boring". What makes Remy great is the whole experience: food, service, venue, view, etc. In all though, $75 or $50 upcharge per person is a *fair* price for wat you get and that's what I tip on.

It's non-mass-produced Chef/gourmet food. So the food will always be of great quality. The menu varies very little, though, so even the 2nd or 3rd time, it will be "boring". What makes Remy great is the whole experience: food, service, venue, view, etc. In all though, $75 or $50 upcharge per person is a *fair* price for wat you get and that's what I tip on.

Thank You all for your responses. I think a lot of people are tipping high and are not taking into consideration that the $75 is an upcharge. I read on these boards once that someone had actually calculated the cost of dinning in the main dinning rooms was somewhere in the range of $40/dinner. You have already paid the $40 and tipped for that. So Remy is about $125/person and I agree with those who feel OK tipping 20% on the upcharge or a little more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter