Tiping at the resort

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by goofyskip, Mar 15, 2013.

1. goofyskip

goofyskip Earning My Ears

What is a good place to see what you should tip for different services at the resorts.dinning luggage handling,room cleaning ect.

2. goofy4tink

goofy4tink No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator Moderator

Generally speaking...
    1. Bell Services gets about $1 per bag

2. If I ride DME and feel that my driver gave exceptionally good service, I tip $2-3.

3. At restaurants, I tip at about 20%. If the service is subpar, I tip less and mention why to a manager if there is one in the area.

4. Housekeeping is a subject of great debate. Some like to leave $1 pp each night. Disney tells us that housekeepers are not a tipped position....but many guests just want to leave something.

5.Valet gets about $3 or so each time I interact with them.

I can't think of anyplace else that would normally mandate tipping. Anyone else??

3. goofyskip

goofyskip Earning My Ears

Thank you that is about what we where thinking

4. MinnieLovesMickey12

MinnieLovesMickey12 DIS Veteran

I agree with Goofy.

I usually tip housekeeping $5 if it is just DH and myself and $10 if it is all 5 of us in a family suite.

I am never in the room when DME delivers the bags so I don't tip them.

Last trip when we took all 7 of our bags down to the resort airline check in desk and they processed our bags in to be taken to the airport I tipped them $10.

I always tip 20%-30% at sit down restaurants. Closer to 20 on large tabs and closer to 30 when it is just Dh and myself and the bill is small.

5. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

We tip DME driver $2, because we have 2 carry-ons that driver stows under the bus in cargo hold. Even if we didn't have luggage we'd still tip him.

Mousekeeping $1 per person, per day. We leave the tip every day on bathroom counter under their name tag.

Bell Service and anyone who handles our luggage, $1 per piece of luggage.

Dining, we tip between 18% & 20%.