Tip questions

Kali14

Mouseketeer
Hi there!!
I am working on the final details for ur March trip..I like to have my tip envelopes complete before we leave. I know what i leave the mousekeeper and have been researching the cost of out ADR's. My questions.... We have a group of 7 on the dining plan but we would have the checks separated. Does the tip get atomatically included since in total the group is over 6? I like to have my tips all accounted for before we leave but I do not know how this will be broken up as we normally only go as one family??? Also can I apply the tip to my KTTW card so I can pay them off with gift cards???

Appreciate any help with this as I am trying to make sure I have all the money needed allotted for.

How can you calculate the tips until you see how the service is? I'm a generous tipper, but based on the level of service.

Sheila

It will be 18% because there is more than 6 in the party. They can break it down to pay in different groups.

Denise in MI

We've been twice-- both trips were with my parents. We were a party of 6, but paid in 2 separate tickets/dining plan rooms (our family of four and then my parents). We were charged gratuity at all table service restaurants. They split the gratuity on the checks according to how much your portion of the bill was. I think that the gratuity was 18% (before taxes). I hope that answers your question! --Katie

We've been twice-- both trips were with my parents. We were a party of 6, but paid in 2 separate tickets/dining plan rooms (our family of four and then my parents). We were charged gratuity at all table service restaurants. They split the gratuity on the checks according to how much your portion of the bill was. I think that the gratuity was 18% (before taxes). I hope that answers your question! --Katie

Yes.

Whether you want them separated or not, you will receive two bills with the tip automatically added onto each. So even if you're one family staying in two rooms you will receive two bills according to how many people are staying in each room.

You can pay the tip with a cc, gift card, or Disney Visa rewards card. I would assume you could also charge it to your KTTW, but we have never done that.

We were a party of 6 at our TS meals and even though we were on three separate reservations with three separate KTTW cards being used, we were still charged the 18%. Each bill was charged 18% on their share of the meals.

Thank you all for the answer. I normally tip 20% so I have had no problem prepping tip envelopes in the past when it was just my family that has traveled. I never expect bad service at WDW but knows it happens so I put a variety of bills in each envelope so i can adjust if need be.

Thank you all again:worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter