Tip: Get lots of Photopass pictures

This year I am planning on buying the CD (seeing as how last year I spent over $100 ordering just a few pictures) and I'm wondering if I have 2 different photopass cards, do I have to buy 2 CD's? For example, DH and I each carry a card that way if we're not together for a photo op-no problem. So, I'm wondering if that's a bad idea now that I want the CD? Any insight? Thanks

My sister is going in the middle of Sept. and I'm going at the end. Would there be a problem with my taking her photopass card and using it so we could purchase it at the end of my trip and split the cost? There is about 10 days in between our trips.

gavsmom said:
This year I am planning on buying the CD (seeing as how last year I spent over $100 ordering just a few pictures) and I'm wondering if I have 2 different photopass cards, do I have to but 2 CD's? For example, DH and I each carry a card that way if we're not together for a photo op-no problem. So, I'm wondering if that's a bad idea now that I want the CD? Any insight? Thanks

You can put more then one card on the CD! :teeth:

Yes, I believe you can put two different cards from two close trips on one CD.

We are going in Aug. with a group of 14. We may split up for some things and I was wondering how many cards you can combine on one cd or can you get more than one card with the same code so they all go to the same cd? It would be nice if each group could have their own card. We would probably need 3.

We were at WDW June 11 - 17, and had problems finding PhotoPass CMs. The first day was the last day of Star Wars Weekends and we were at MGM, so it was probably too crowded to find any. There was a PhotoPass photographer with Jedi Mickey, though. And the 12th was the day Tropical Storm Alberto hit, so they were probably all hiding inside. Still, we didn't see all that many. We got photos in front of the tree at Animal Kingdom, and I did see one PhotoPass person on our way out of MK after lunch, but that was it.

We probably just had bad luck that week. :confused3

I know others have said this, but I think PhotoPass would be more convenient if the system could include the ride photographers and the photographers at the character dinners.

beattyfamily said:
You can put more then one card on the CD! :teeth:

Yes, I believe you can put two different cards from two close trips on one CD.

Is that confirmed??? You can put more than one photopass card on a cd??? We are traveling with 12 people and each family would want their own card because we would not be together all the time. It would be great for us to just get one CD!!!!!!!!

Just to let you know, you can also have the pictures taken at CRT added to the PhotoPass CD. Of course, when we went only one person knew how to do it, but it was well worth the wait! Just be certain to take your photos from CRT with you to the camera shop. Then, they'll type in the numbers from the corner of the 8x10 picture. This is just like adding another photopass card. They took the cutest pic of DD6 hugging Cinderella & we were afraid we would have to purchase it separate. We were thrilled to be able to add it to the CD!

Yes...I know you can put at least 2 cards on the CD. We added 2 cards & the CRT pics.

JKMJ441724 said:
Is that confirmed??? You can put more than one photopass card on a cd??? We are traveling with 12 people and each family would want their own card because we would not be together all the time. It would be great for us to just get one CD!!!!!!!!

Yes, I saw it on the photopass site. I think there was a spot for 10 cards and an option to add even more, so it seems that as long as your # of pictures doesn't go over the limit, you can put as many cards as you want on one cd. We are overlapping our trip with my aunt and her family and I'm thinking of buying one CD and putting both of ours on it. I guess it depends on how many pictures we have taken if it will be worth buying. We never see any photographers. I guess I've never really looked before, but it would've been nice to have pictures together on our previous trips!

this is a great idea - we usually have lots of photo's of just one of us then the other one of us as it's usually too tempting and expensive to have the official photo's taken.
I presume the copyright release also covers the UK?

I got a CD when I was there in May

you can put up to ten photopasses on one CD and it will hold about 300 pictures - you get one free reburn in a one week period

when you buy the CD there is a photo release with it - so you own the pictures and can reprint them at will -

they plan to add photopass photographers all over the parks - at the resorts and character meals - their ultimate goal is to sell a photo cd to everyone who comes to the parks

I have made some designs that could be added to your photopass pictures - you can see them in my design gallery - there is a subfolder with them

on the creative design board there is a whole thread called photo enhancements that people have made for pictures

julia & nicks mom said:
I got a CD when I was there in May

you can put up to ten photopasses on one CD and it will hold about 300 pictures - you get one free reburn in a one week period

when you buy the CD there is a photo release with it - so you own the pictures and can reprint them at will -

they plan to add photopass photographers all over the parks - at the resorts and character meals - their ultimate goal is to sell a photo cd to everyone who comes to the parks

I have made some designs that could be added to your photopass pictures - you can see them in my design gallery - there is a subfolder with them

on the creative design board there is a whole thread called photo enhancements that people have made for pictures

Hey, Kate:

I'm new to this. How do I find your designs??? Be specific, please!

JKMJ441724 said:
Hey, Kate:

I'm new to this. How do I find your designs??? Be specific, please!

Nevermind...If I had scrolled down a little more, I would have seen it.

I planned on buying the CD when we were there in Jan. but unfortunately when I tried to do it on the last day at MK they told me I could only get ones from the MK there and only at Toontown. I didn't have time to go back. :sad1: I also didn't want to go to Epcot the next day just to get our CD. I now understand I could have gone to DTD on the following day (our day to fly home) and gotten the disc there. However, since we did have quite a few Photopass pixs taken, and I always give the photographer my camera, at least I have some pictures with me in them!

This time if we buy the CD I will make sure to look at the pictures before it's too late. :goodvibes

This is great information! So what is the limit on the amount of time that has passed? For example I have one sister that is going about 10 days before me but another sister just got back. Can her photos from June be added to ours from Sept./early Oct.??

Dizneydaz said:
I planned on buying the CD when we were there in Jan. but unfortunately when I tried to do it on the last day at MK they told me I could only get ones from the MK there and only at Toontown. I didn't have time to go back. :sad1: I also didn't want to go to Epcot the next day just to get our CD. I now understand I could have gone to DTD on the following day (our day to fly home) and gotten the disc there. However, since we did have quite a few Photopass pixs taken, and I always give the photographer my camera, at least I have some pictures with me in them!

This time if we buy the CD I will make sure to look at the pictures before it's too late. :goodvibes
posted 2 x

Dizneydaz said:

So couldn't you have bought the cd online when you got home?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter