Tip for the Post Office at Castaway Cay

BigJon

will work for Dole Whip
My wife found out some good information on our cruise last week, regarding mailing post cards at Castaway Cay, and I wanted to pass this along to others. If you are going to mail a postcard at Castaway Cay, buy your Bahamian stamps at Guest Services (on the ship), and as you exit the ship at Castaway Cay, drop your post cards in the drop box at the post office. They will have the Castaway Cay postmark on them, and you won't have to make a trip back to the post office later in the day. My wife took the tram from Serenity Bay all the way back to the post office, only to find it was closed, even though she went during the normal operating hours. The Bahamians operate the post office, and sometimes they will be closed, even though the sign says they should be open.
2z723k1.jpg

I wish I would have known this information before my last 2 cruises.
And another note....Bahamian mail takes a long time to get to the US. It took my postcard a month to get to me after getting home...and I'm in Miami.:confused3

You can also just pay and mail them at guest services on the ship and they will have the postmark. This is what we did on our cruise on the Magic this past April because the post office was never opened.

When I went to buy my stamps at guest services I asked the lady about the post office. She said you could just leave the postcards there (at guest services) and that they would still get the casataway cay stamp on them. She told me they all go through guest services. She said they collect them at every castaway cay stop until it reaches a certain amount (so many thousand....) and then they all get mailed. So if the post office isn't open you should be able to mail them from guest services.

We always buy our stamps in Nassau (if we are on a cruise that makes a port call there). There's a post office window in Festival Marketplace, and a drug store on Bay Street that sells stamps also.

Wonder if you can buy stamps for Mexico at guest services as well? My next cruise goes to Cozumel and we always send a post card home.

Post Office was closed on our sailing last week as well. Customer service said it would get mailed the next time the ship was at C.C.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter