Tink's At It Again! A Trip of 3 Celebrations! : Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique UPDT11/28/07

ChrisLei

Dreaming of the Disney Magic!
OK, I must confess....

I REALLY REALLY was planning on waiting to start this trip report at the 100 day mark...

I tried....

I tried to devert my attention by keeping myself busy reading other trip reports.....

I tried again by busying myself with writing my better late than never trip report about our last Magical Vacation to the World....

I Tried and Tried as I Might....

But....JUST.....CAN'T.....RESIST.....

The fever set in....and I will just let go submit to it....

I absolutely love to DIS. I get a slew of valuable information. But I love most reading the magical memories that others have experienced. The more detailed the better. I feel as though I was a part of it all. And the pics making it all the more real!

Another fave of mine, is getting to know people. IRL and online. So during my trip report, don't be surprised if you get a question or two thrown out at you. I genuinely love hearing others memories, ideas, or tips.

I am a compulsive planner. I make lists and check it twice (That's why I make a great Santa's helper! :thumbsup2 ) So this trippie will be chock full of lists, and ideas, and all that good stuff!

So let me start my magical Fairytale Dream!

Introductions:

PB182176.jpg

Me: 34 years old (will be turning 35 on Day 3 of our trip...I get to celebrate it at DISNEY!!!) SAHM of two amazing kids. I am THE Family Planner Extrodianaire. Even my siblings call me to plan things out for them. Planning things makes me happy! A day only has 24 hours, and time is precious. Yes, definite Type A personality here. Maybe even a little Obsessive Compulsive too. But I wouldn't have it any other way! Don't underestimate this Tink....

When I am not obsessively planning what to do next, I am scrapbooking. I am a HUGE scrapbooker. I love it so much that I created a scrapbooking swap board. And to prove how obsessive I am planning, I already have my whole Disney vacation album set and ready to go with Disney swaps I have hostessed or joined!

Not only are Prince Charming (Donald at times) and I celebrating our 10th Anniversary on this trip, but I will be turning 35 on November 2nd!!! I can't wait! I never thought I would be celebrating my birthday at Disney!

DH- 34 years old. My hard-working, patient, loveable Prince Charming. He is the man who took my childhood dream of being a SAHM and with careful planning, made sure it became a reality. He's the best dad every kid asks for...he is involved and takes joy in spending his weekends and time off with his family.

P6243563.jpg

DD- 8 years old. She is the ipitome of a Princess. I guess all these years of treating her and telling her she's one has conditioned her to believing it. LOL She is extremely friendly, sensitive, and loving. She is such a girly-girl. Princess ArieL is also a Family Planning Extrodinaire in training. She came up with her list of must do's and must see's and has a hand in making certain they are in the agenda.

When little miss Princess ArieL (I know, I know, it looks like a typo every time I write ArieL, but trust me it is on purpose. Her real name starts with an L so I thought it be fitting to jazz up her fairytale name a bit) is not ordering her little brother around, she is a prima ballerina! She lives and breathes dance! She has been attending dance classes for 4 years now and loves every minute if it. I know I may be partial, but she lights up on stage! She is counting down the days till she can join the competition team. Unfortunately, since at the moment I am a SAHM, and I take budgeting very seriously, we can not afford the extra $1500 expense it would cost for us to have her in it. She is extremely understanding, and says she will count the days till she can.

Chris.jpg

DS- 4 years old. (Will be celebrating his 5th birthday on the Disney Cruise!) He is our high octane, full of energy, fun-loving Stitch. Like Stitch, he can get himself into loads of trouble...but you can't stay mad at him for long. He is extremely loveable and affectionate.

Stitch is also the reluctant preschooler and soccer player. What is hilarious is that he hasn't even started regular school yet and he says "AWWW, Mom school takes FOREVER." He does the same for soccer too! He runs around the field "pretending" to go after the ball, but I think he does it just to please us. Gotta love him!

Ladies & Gentlemen, this is the cast of characters.

Up Next: The Fairytale Dream Begins.....

P6203547.jpg

A Fairytale Dream in the Making.......

Once Upon A Time....Prince Charming, Tink, Princess ArieL, & Stitch were in the middle of thier 1st Family Vacation to the World when Tink turned to Prince Charming and said....

"You know, in 2 years we will be celebrating our 10th Anniversary. You know what I think would be a perfect idea?"

Prince Charming looked into my eyes and saw the wheels of planning going already. He can read me like a book! He can so see when the wheels of my ever so obsessive planning pretty little mind of mine is working.

"What are you thinking of?" he asked.

I give him a big smile and with a twinkle in my eye said, "Wouldn't it be an awesome idea if we could celebrate our 10th the same way we celebrated our honeymoon? I mean, we always did say we would thoroughly enjoy going back on a cruise. But wait! And you know what would make it even better, hun?!?! Celebrating the Big 10, with a cruise with the kids, AND at the Happiest Place on Earth!":cloud9:

He gave me one of those looks....:rolleyes1 You know, the ones that say, we have been on vacation at the Happiest Place on Earth for the past 3 days and you are already planning the next trip here. I don't know.....

"Hun, we can take a 4 day cruise, then spend 3 days here with the Big Cheese! The kids would have a blast, and since it is thier first time cruising we are taking a shorter cruise...huh, honey,what do you say? Huh? Huh? Huh?" I said.

Prince Charming likes to make the world think that he isn't a huge Disney fan. But he is the first one to know when the next Disney Movie is in the theater or when the next video is going on sale. I can not count how many times I saw the little kid in him when we talked about this vacation and nevermind during the trip!

So with a twinkle in his eyes he reponded, "We'll see.."

A few hours later, on our way back to our room at the Carribbean Beach Resort he asks "Do you happen to know how much a land and sea vacation would run us?"

Without missing a beat I answered "I don't know exactly but I can jump on it when we get back home!"

WOOHOO!!!! We are going back to Disney World!!!!:woohoo:

UP NEXT: 8 months later.....

When we returned back home, I called the Travel Agent Extrodianaire, the Hostess With the Mostest, Celeste. Unfortunately, she couldn't give us any solid numbers since the trip was close to two years away. She said to contact her in 8-9 months when the AAA rates are released.....

Awww, so the wait was on....

8 months later.....

Prince Charming, Princess L, Stitch, and I have settled into eating our dinner one evening, and after the usual chat about how our lazy days of summer have been going, and our plans for the beach for the weekend, I clear my throat and look at Prince Charming in the eye.

Tink; Honey, remember our talk about our 10th Anniversary?

Prince Charming: (chewing his steak) Um Hmm.

Tink: Well, remember when we returned and I tried to find a quote, it was too early. Well, I found out with Celeste that we can get a quote this month...

Prince Charming: Who's Celeste?

Tink: (looking at him like he had 2 heads) Uh, Hun, she's Our AAA Vacation Planner...remember??

Prince Charming: (laughs) You don't forget a name do you?

Tink: ([/COLOR]blushes) No, not really. Especially when they save us loads of money!

Prince Charming: (pensive) You sure the kids won't get sick? I mean they've never been on a ship....

Princess L: A Ship?? I want to go!

Stitch: Me too!

Prince Charming: What do you think we are talking about?

Princess L & Stitch: The Disney Cruise!!!!!

Prince Charming: (looks at me) rallying up support for your cause??

Tink: (innocently) No, what makes you think that???

Prince Charming: (smiles and lets out a hearty laugh and gets that twinkle in his eye) Allright, give the lady a call.

Tink: Celeste...you mean it, I can call Celeste!

Prince Charming: Yes. This means no excessive spending before the trip.

Tink, Princess L, & Stitch: WOOHOO!!!! WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY!!!!!

UP NEXT Bright Eyed & Bushy Tailed....

The next morning, I watched as the clock ticked away the minutes. :hourglass I know that Celeste doesn't get into work till about 9am. That didn't matter, I woke up from the excitement of planning at 7am. At 8:30am, Princess L and Stitch made thier way downstairs and I set them up for breakfast.

"Mommy is going to call the nice lady that gets great deals for Disney trips, so when you see me on the phone please don't bother Mommy okay? " I told my two.

"Of course Mommy!" piped Princess L. " I will make sure Stitch is Very Very quiet!"

I was a little afraid to ask "How" she was going to manage to accomplish this:scared: .... but figured, what the heck! I will have total silence!

The moment the clock struck 9am, I started dialing. The phone rang, once, twice, three times....I was beginning to think a voicemail would answer. :sad2: But on the 4th ring, Celeste cheery voice answered. :goodvibes I reintroduced myself to her and told her she got us awesome deal last time we booked through her for our 1st vacation as a family, and how excellent her recommendation for the dining plan was. She was excited to hear all this.

I told her the reason for my call. We were ready to take a trip back to Disney, this time with the Disney Cruise. I told her the resort we wanted to stay at (Port Orleans French Quarters) for the land portion, and that the stay would absolutely HAVE to have the dining plan. This simplified our lives last time we were there. I then told her how many days we wanted to go on the cruise, and what level we wanted to stay (Category 8). I also told her we would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have the dining plan again. Not to mention the awesome restaurants we went to that we probably wouldn't have if we were paying per person.

Celeste told me she would get back to me with the best prices.

Now we sit and wait.....

UP NEXT: The Wait Is On....

Of course I didn't want to sit waiting by the phone. That would drive me bonkers! :eek: So I packed a picnic lunch, packed up the sandpails, and headed to the beach with Princess ArieL and Stitch. A few hours at the beach would do us some good. We jumped into the Atlantic for a while, had lunch, and I decided to relax while Stitch and Princess ArieL played along the waters edge.

While laying on the sand, I day-dreamed of laying on a deck chair on the cruise sipping Mai Tai while the kids frolicked in the pool.:beach:

That lasted a whole 2 minutes, when I felt sand hit my face and a little hand materialize in front of me holding something that looked totally icky!

Stitch: Look what I found!

Tink: EEWWWW! What's that!

Stitch: (laughing) Mommy! It's a jellyfish!

Tink: YUCK! Wish I had a Mai Tai right now!:drinking1

Stitch: What's a Mai Tai???

Tink: Never mind.

Once I started seeing that Stitch was intending to "collect" these dead jellyfish as souveniers, I decided it was time to go. Besides I was anxious to see if Celeste had called back. :upsidedow I should have given her my cell number!

We took the 15 minute ride back home and I rushed in past the kids to the answering machine. The light was blinking!!! Two messages!!!! :dance3: I slam my finger down on the playback and that whimsical voice of Celeste chimes in. She runs down the prices on the land portion, then gives me the quote for a category 8. Great! I wrote everything down and was about to pick up the phone when....

Beep! Next Message....

It's Celeste again. This time she tells me that she wanted to give me the option to book with a room that just opened up. A Category 10, Secret Porthole Room, the view has a little obstruction but the savings would be $400! But I would have to call her by the end of the day since she can only put a temporary hold on it!

I boot up the computer and make my way to DIS boards. I do a search on "Secret Porthole Rooms". Some are heavily obstructed, but there was a room I saw pics of that looked perfect. Room 5020. Very little obstruction.

I called Prince Charming and told him of Celeste's finds. He said the magical words. "Book it!" :cool1:

I call Celeste and get her voicemail. I tell her we are very interested and would like to know the Secret Porthole Room Number.

20 minutes later she calls back. The Secret Porthole Room Number is.......5020!!!! WOOHOOO!!!! I happily gave her my credit card number and she sent me the confirmation emails! We are booked from November 1st-4th at Port Orleans French Quarters, and then being whisked away on a WONDERful 4 day cruise to the Bahamas!

WOOHOOO!!!!! WE ARE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!!
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

A Little Disney History......​

Lets go back....

A Long, long ago....

I have been a Disney fan since the first time I walked through the turnstyle at the Magic Kingdom and I looked down Main Street and saw the beautiful majestic Cinderella Castle. Before that, I had never really heard of Disney before that day.

AAAGHAST!!! Yes, ladies and gentlemen, Moi had never ever heard what Magic Kingdom was. Sure I knew who Mickey Mouse was. I was Minnie for Halloween one year (remember the costume with the hard plastic mask held onto your face with a rubber band type string? It had two small slits for the eyes and a teeny pinhole for you to breath through which never was big enough for a sufficient amount of oxygen, and a slit for the mouth that if you dared stick your tongue through it you were bound to cut it! Yes folks, we survived!) But the house of mouse, nope never heard of it.

To be perfectly honest, I never knew the typical suburban family went away on vacations. For us, summer vacations were spent locally, enjoying the occasional day trips to the state parks and pools,which was what my mom could afford. Our carefree summer days were spent riding our bikes around the neighborhood. My parents divorced when I was 5, and my mom remarried and did her very best to provide for my brother and I. My dad only really saw my brother and I on holidays and for functions where he wanted to "show off" his children. So honestly, we didn't REALLY know him. He took vacations with his new wife, but we were never invited to come along. Fortunately, since we didn't know what it was to take vacations, we didn't really miss it. Mom made our summers fun by entertaining us on a budget.

Even though I didn't have the picture perfect relationship with my dad I wanted, I did develop the paternal tie with his brother, Uncle Disney (since he has worked there for 25 years I thought that name was fitting). He was the Dad I wish my father was. So when he moved from NY to FL, I was devastated. He always inquired about me, and the year after he moved, he came to visit, and asked if I wanted to spend a month in FL. I said sure and took the long drive back with him and Mrs. Disney.

I had a wonderful summer! That first year I spent most of my time in the pool while he worked, but once he arrived home we would chat. During the weekends he would take me to the movies and to Chuck E Cheese. It was the best vacation I had ever had....till the following year!

During the fall, Uncle Disney started working for the Mouse. The following spring, he asked if I would like to go visit again and I gave him an excited "Yes!", not knowing what was in store for me. He came to visit my grandma and to pick me up. I took the ride back and along the way he asked if I had heard of Disney World. "No" I reponded. And he went on to describe a wonderland to me. The rest of the trip I tried to imagine what it was like. Could it be like Rye Playland? (This is a local small amusement park). A 9 year old could not imagine the amusement park at such a grand scale!

On that warm summer day in July( I am sure it was blistering hot, but when you're a kid, it doesn't affect you), I was in awe! To this day Uncle Disney remembers the first time he saw my eyes fill with the magic! We rode Space Mountain and I giggled and screamed in delight! We went through Haunted Mansion and I covered my eyes but peeked all the while. It was simply amazing. And every single summer after that till I was 15, I wished the days to go by quickly so that I can return to Uncle Disney and the Mouse. Each summer I would take as many as 5 day trips to the Magic Kingdom (and once they opened, Epcot).

Below is a pic of me at Epcot. Once I turned 15 I started getting involved in Chorus, and Dance, and Pageants, so my summers at Uncle Disney had to stop.
P6203546.jpg

I did return again at age 19, and although I thought maybe it wouldn't be the same, once I walked onto Main Street the magic was still in my heart.
P6203542.jpg

Once Prince Charming and I got married, we were busy saving money for our first home. Then Princess ArieL came along. I took a trip to visit my Mom (who had moved to FL), my dad, and of course Uncle Disney. She was a mere 5 months, but Uncle Disney wanted to have the honors of introducing her to the mouse.
P6203540.jpg

Three years later, he did the same with Stitch.
P6203541.jpg

The tradition of Uncle Disney being the first to show our family the Disney Magic lives on!

QUESTION #1: What was your first Disney experience like?

Sounds like an awesome start to a pretrip report! You have a lovely family!

I will be in the World at the same time you will be AND I will be on the same cruise! How cool is that!

My first time was with my family when I was about 10. I can relate to your awe with the castle. I felt the same way. After that I always dreamed of living in it. I am hoping that the dream team will grant me that wish to sleep in it. Ahhh to dream!

Sounds like an awesome start to a pretrip report! You have a lovely family!

I will be in the World at the same time you will be AND I will be on the same cruise! How cool is that!

My first time was with my family when I was about 10. I can relate to your awe with the castle. I felt the same way. After that I always dreamed of living in it. I am hoping that the dream team will grant me that wish to sleep in it. Ahhh to dream!

:welcome: Yippee my first official reader!

The castle gets me everytime. When I saw it last time all dolled up in the gold finery, I got all choked up! It was amazing! I think I took 40 pics of it. Prince Charming was not at all pleased! LOL

Wow that is great that we are going to the World at the same time! It really is the best time of year. I love the weather in November. I am not a heat lover AT ALL!!!

:thumbsup2 Land and Sea, how incredible. I love reading the history of falling in love with Disney and your family is beautiful!

:thumbsup2 Land and Sea, how incredible. I love reading the history of falling in love with Disney and your family is beautiful!

Thank you for the compliment!

I love to hear how people fell in love with Disney too. I can't say it enough, but once you go through those gates, you are transported back in time to how you felt as a kid. No worries, no cares, just good old fashioned fun!

OK so I decided to change up the title for this trippie. I don't know, I had writer's block when it came to the title. So my sis was reading it over this morning:

Sis- I think your title makes it sound more like a whimsical romantic wishy washy story. I mean, not that that isn't great and all. But you are a fun energetic spunky type of gal!

Tink-
It was all I could come up with at the time....:confused3

Sis- You need something more......I don't know.....catchy.

Tink- What do you suggest?

Sis- Well, doesn't Prince Charming always say "You're at it again!" when he sees that you are feverishly working on plans for the trip?

Tink- Yeah.....

Sis- Tink's at it again! There, I got your title!

Tink- That sounds nice!

Hence the new name for the pre-trippie was born!

Hope everyone likes it.

Up Next: Our First Experience of the Magic!

Yay! I'm loving it so far!

And I can't wait to hear how the Disney Cruise went....
that's one thing I really want to do soon!

Yay! I'm loving it so far!

And I can't wait to hear how the Disney Cruise went....
that's one thing I really want to do soon!

Thank you Lauren!

Congratulations on the baby-to-be! And the baby will be here before the holidays! How exciting! Have any names picked out yet?

Now you all must be thinking......Is this Tink suffering from selective memory loss? :faint: She just told us a couple of posts ago that she has been going to Disney since she was a kid....her hubby has been there once as a child and once while they were dating....and each child has been cordially introduced to the mouse. So what gives?:confused3

But I have to add that each of the visits the kids made were sans Prince Charming. :sad1: Our family had never gone to Disney together. So in the early Spring of 2005 we started discussing taking a day trip to the World for the first time as a family.

Well what started off as a day trip or two, eventually turned into a a magical 6 day vacation.:cheer2:

It started innocently enough... we had inquired with Uncle Disney if he can get us a 2 night discount on a stay on property. Unfortunately, since we would be visiting family during Thanksgiving vacation, the mouse has those dates blocked out to cast members. :rolleyes1 RATS!

A few days later he told us about a promotion that Disney was having called "Magic Your Way". He told us it was very affordable for a family of 4. So I looked into it. Wow, what a dream it would be to actually stay on Disney property! I didn't get my hopes up since the promotion called for staying 6 nights.

Each night I would dream of how wonderful it would be to stay on property. My Uncle Disney had once taken me to look around the Carribean Beach. I thought it was paradise in the middle of Orlando!

Since we are AAA members, I decided to check out their discounts. That is where I met our friend, travel agent extrodinaire, Celeste. Her prices were WAY below the Disney quote and would save us a few hundred bucks. Did I mention it would ALSO include DINING??? I had seen tons of pics of character dining, what an awesome thing if we did that!:goodvibes

So I casually approached Prince Charming with the idea, and the rest is history! (You can read my better late than never trip report to hear all about our awesome vacation).:rotfl:

It was while I was planning that trip that I became a DIS junkie. I have a friend, who happens to be my partner on the Scrapbooking & Swaps message board that I have, who is really really really NUTS 4 Disney. So being that she stayed on site before and had utilized the dining plan too I asked her for tips and advice.

And that my friends, is when she led me to my new obsession...The DISBOARDS!!!!:thumbsup2

The tips I recieved were priceless! After that, I recommended the DIS board to every one of my friends that would be visiting Disney. What can I say, I love sharing good news with others!

It was truly magical. It was during that magical vacation that the spark for this upcoming vacation came to pass!

QUESTION: How did you learn about the DIS Boards?

How cool a Disney cruise and and Disney World all at once. What more can you ask for.

We have spent the past 3 anniversaries at Disney...this will be the 4th year and it will be our 11th!!

What a good looking family you have. Cannot wait to read more.

How cool a Disney cruise and and Disney World all at once. What more can you ask for.

We have spent the past 3 anniversaries at Disney...this will be the 4th year and it will be our 11th!!

What a good looking family you have. Cannot wait to read more.

Thanks for the compliment!:goodvibes Your daughter is an absolute DOLL!!!!! Love that pic! She is quite the ham for the camera too.

Wow that is awesome to spend the last 3 anniversaries at Disney! Wish we lived as close to the world to spend all special occasions there. Although I don't think Prince Charming would approve even if we did live nearby! LOL I really can't contain myself at how dilirously happy I am to spend our anniversary Disney Style!

Although I don't think Prince Charming would approve even if we did live nearby!

DH doesn't get a choice. He comes along. Usually asking why we are going again but has a blast with Aviva. I do all the planning and he just comes along, I tell him when to take off. :rotfl2:

Your daughter is an absolute DOLL!!!!! Love that pic! She is quite the ham for the camera too.

Thank you!!!!!

DH doesn't get a choice. He comes along. Usually asking why we are going again but has a blast with Aviva. I do all the planning and he just comes along, I tell him when to take off. :rotfl2:

:rotfl: I am sure I would be doing the same thing too if I lived in the Sunshine State. Either that, or say, well the kids and I are going to Disney this month....and then, seeing that he doesn't want to miss out on all the fun he KNOWS the kids would have, would reluctantly come along and thoroughly enjoy himself! :dance3:

I am sure he is thanking his lucky stars that I can't take the heat and humidity FL is known for. If it weren't for that, I would have definitely suggested a FL move especially when all my family moved out there!:rotfl:

A Change In Plans.....

OK, so earlier I stated our Dreamy Fairytale Magical Vacation would start November 1st-November 4th and then the party would move to the Disney Wonder from November 4th through November 8th.

Now we didn't want to take the chance that there would be flight delays and such that we would waste a whole park day, so we decided that we would arrive the day before and spend the night at my dad's house.

We thought it would be a fun idea. It would be Halloween and the kids could trick or treat in my dad's development. It would be fun!

But then I got to thinking.....and the more I got to thinking.....well, it was beginning to stress this Tink out!

OK, here's the situation:

- By flying in to Orlando the day before, this would assure that we get the full November 1st at the parks, BUT it would mean that we can not utilize Disney's Magical Express. Not a prob for dad since he offered to pick us up at the airport, right?

Well, the big problem would be the fact that there are 4 of us, with 4 suitcases, and 3 carryon bags. Dad, has a Toyota Corolla! No way would we and all our luggage fit in there!

Not to mention, Dad, doesn't go anywhere without his woman (who happens to be YOUNGER than me.....but we won't get into that....:rolleyes1 ). I told him we wouldn't fit at ALL with him and his wife in the car, but he said "Oh we will manage."

Now if that weren't enough to stress this Tink out......:headache:

- Dad moved to a new condo within the last year. I have yet to see it. So when he offered we could stay with him during the pre-booking stage, he said "Oh we will make room for you guys, you're family!"

Well, I got to thinking....what does that mean???

So I called my little sis, who happened to have visited him the week before. Now what she said threw me into full blown stressville. "Tink, his place is a studio with a bedroom. It's tiny. When I went I slept on the couch. And mind you it isn't a pull out type."

If you are an obsessive, compulsive, over-planner, wants everything to come out right, and can't fathom waiting for the unexpected to happen....then you know what I was going through.

Breathe in, Breathe out!

Of course after hearing this I go into creating Plan B mode.

I pick up the phone and call......who else! Celeste, the AAA travel consultant with the mostest!

I explain my dilemma and ask her what would an extra night at the Port Orleans French Quarter would run us. She explains that since we were already on the dining plan we had two options.

A- Add the extra day to the existing reservation at $ price.

or

B- Make a separate reservation for one night, no dining. But this would mean that we would have to check out, and then check back in. It wouldn't gaurantee that we would be in the same room.

Of course I was leaning towards plan A. We would have to waste valuable park time if we had to check out and check back in. I told Celeste I'd call her right back.

I called Prince Charming at work and explained our dilemma. And I gave him the following options.

#1- Cram all of us into a little Toyota Corolla with a couple of suitcases and carryons situated by our knees and one kid on one of our laps (which we would NEVER do since they are both in boosters).

#2- Hire a towncar to get to my Dad's condo, which would solve the transportation. But then head to Walmart to get a couple of air matresses to throw on the floor if we can find a corner to throw them on in the studio.

#3- Use Disney Magical Express and then check in for a one day at Port Orleans French Quarter, go to the parks in the am, come back check out, then check back in with our original ressie and move our luggage to the new room, then go back to the parks.

or

#4- Use Disney Magical Express and add a night to our existing ressie and simply enjoy the resort and do trick or treating at Downtown Disney.

Now, I knew that Prince Charming would NEVER go for #1. And #2- Prince Charming enjoys sleeping in the comforts of a nice mattress secured on a bed. So I knew #2 would not be a go either.

So that left it between #3 and #4. I was not sure which he would pick since he has been known to cut corners to save a buck.....

But he cleared his throat and said "Well by the time we pay a car service, buy matresses and pillows and sheets, which by the way, would go to waste since we can't bring them home with us, and then pay a car service again to get us to the resort the next day (HEY! I didn't even think of that!) it would run us a little under the cost of the extra night with dining. Call AAA and add the extra night."

Our vacation would officially start at the Walt Disney World Resort on October 31st! Now we can enjoy the resort, pick out some dining from the dining plan, go trick or treating in DTD, and wake up the next morning a be a hop, skip and a jump from the parks!
:cool1:

Halloween in Downtown Disney

Does anyone know what it's like there?

I have read in a couple of websites that the stores that do trick or treating having a balloon hanging in front of them. But I would love to know what the experience is like.

Last year for Halloween Princess ArieL dressed up as another princess, Jasmine. princess: And Stitch dressed up as Captain Jack Sparrow. pirate: He donned the wig and all. I have to say from the group of revelers that went out that night, his costume was a hit! (Will insert pic here)

Like every holiday, I went to Target to check out thier after Halloween clearance sales when the markdown was 90% off. And boy did I score!:woohoo: I found a red Power Ranger costume in excellent condition with mask intact (well, you know that when it gets to 90% everything has been picked through thoroughly!) What's better was the price! $1.30!

I left Target literally skipping! I was so excited with my purchase. See, I knew Stitch would love this costume and for the steal I got it for, I was in heaven.

Princess ArieL said she didn't know what she wanted to be for Halloween the following year. I reminded her she would not be at school for the parade since she would be at Disney! So I got an idea. :idea: I casually suggested maybe she can be a ballerina princess in order to utilize one of the MANY ballet costumes that we pay $125 for and she wears only twice for a 2 and a half minute number each time.:scared1:

I was shocked when she said she would. I told Prince Charming and he immediately said "Does my ears decieve me? She agreed to not be an actual Disney princess????" :confused:

Of course Prince Charming was beaming from ear to ear since this meant that he would be saving $100+ on a costume she would only wear once. Princess ArieL always selects a Disney Princess costume at the Disney store and you know how that can go! By the time you get the dress....the matching shoes....the crown....and whatever other accessory Disney so strategically matches with the costume....yes, you have spent over $100.:sad2:

Hey I say that is money saved for DISNEY!!!!:cool1:

Advice Requested: If anyone has done Halloween in DTD, if you can share your experience....I would love to hear all about it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter