Tinkerbell gifts?

slzer0

DIS Veteran
I keep seeing these mentioned. What are they? A search via app just links to trip reports?

Kind of like tooth fairy---"Tinkerbell" leaves a gift for the kids each day.

I don't call it that, but I did and will leave small gifts for my kids each day. This year since we have to go back to the room mid-day for a break, THAT is when I'll give the kids their little gift (give them something to look forward to).

You can go all out with the gifts, but for us I just stay with inexpensive, Dollar Tree type items.

I also think leaving a little Disney something like that helps alleviate the pressure to spend $$$$$ in gift shops.

Replying again to give you some gift ideas:

Disney themed puzzle
Disney decorated journal (am DIYing mine for the kids. They will get it on arrival night)
Disney night light (Dollar Tree has some)
Sticker sets (Doc McSTuffins, Mickey, etc can all be found at dollar store)
Glow sticks
Mickey/character shaped crayons (could be DIYed or bought on etsy)
New cup (Disney ones available in party supply aisles of walmart for $1)
Pens/marker sets
Coloring book
light up or spinning disney toothbrush

Oh wow.. Cool!
At 18 and 2 both my kids are sort of outside the target window for that but I'll keep it in mind when he's a little older. His big sister will live helping me pick and put out the gifts. :)

:idea: :idea: So for my Tinkerbell gifts to my daughter start before we even get there and we are using the idea that Tinkerbell is returning "lost things" to her kinda like she did in the movie :D

Anyhow morning of our first day tinkerbell is leaving an Elsa dress and an invite to CRT breakfast. :woohoo: From there each morning Tinkerbell is leaving something to do with out plans for the day and an invite to our ADR for the day. For example for AK she is getting a safari hat, for Epcot its another Princess dress to go with a princess lunch, ect. ect.

I think i am more excited to play tinkerbell then I am for Christmas and the other guy :yay::yay: DD is 5 and still believe in magic.

We didn't do 'gifts', I did buy dollar store trinkets for the trip (magic washcloths, princess water bottles, glow sticks, princess notebook/pen sets, ect) but I just gave them before the trip or as needed. I did have the wonderful DISigners from this forum make up some letters that I printed on cardstock about our plans for each day. I didn't tell the kids where we were going when so each morning they were 'surprised' by a new letter that they got to read to find out.
As wonderful as that was I wouldn't do it in the morning again. Eastern time zone is an hour earlier than we are used to anyways ;) and getting up early for some of the pre-rope drop ADRs...we barely had time to even get ready let alone really 'get' what the letters were saying LOL

Here is what the first invite she is getting looks like: Its inviting her on the trip. The rest are along these line. If my internet was working better I would upload the examples of the others. The 1900 breakfast is my favorite. :love: The idea is to have her give them to the CM when we arrive. also planning on having a CM give her an invite if we are doing something special later in the day. like BoG the night for 1900...

We call them Fairy Godmother Gifts. I also mostly do small dollar store type things although I have also bought things on clearance at the Disney Store throughout the year. I once brought her one of those light up spinners that you see everywhere. I got it on clearance for $5.00 and she thought it was cool that it was different than everyone elses at the park. My daughter is not big on souvenirs, but being Disney she did see lots of things she likes. Getting a little something each morning satisfied her "want" for the day. I don't think she asked for anything at all on her first trip and LOVED waking up to a surprise. She said it was a magical way to start the day pixiedust:

We are doing tinkerbell and the invitation, but like stated, we are doing it at night. it might make my 2 DDs too excited to sleep, but its that or dont get them out the door in the morning....
Im hoping the day will make them plenty exhausted :)

I did this last trip and my kids are already looking forward to it for this one. So far I have Disney Pj's, cheap light up wands, fireworks glasses, a Disney cup filled with Disney candy, pool toys, and $ fun packs. Only the Pj's were expensive (on sale for $10 at the Disney Store). Most of the stuff I found at our local party store for about $1. They also loved receiving an invitation to dinner each day as well. We told them they only would get invited someplace if they were well behaved the day before. If you want to eat in Cinderella's Castle....

I did this last trip and my kids are already looking forward to it for this one. So far I have Disney Pj's, cheap light up wands, fireworks glasses, a Disney cup filled with Disney candy, pool toys, and $ fun packs. Only the Pj's were expensive (on sale for $10 at the Disney Store). Most of the stuff I found at our local party store for about $1. They also loved receiving an invitation to dinner each day as well. We told them they only would get invited someplace if they were well behaved the day before. If you want to eat in Cinderella's Castle....

ooo thats awesome. maybe i will tell mine the same thing... i finally for my internet to not suck and here is the invite for 1900 i was talking about

984172_10204587603429918_8647044866038714799_n.jpg

Is it best for Tinkerbell gifts to arrive before they go to disney and is 8 years old to old for tinkerbell gifts

Faith, Trust, and..PIXIE DUST.

Love the invitation idea! Since we are not going to be so sit down reservation focused next time I might do this if I can get pirates and pals or some other special reservation :) I went a little overboard on our first trip with the gifts, so next time around I think I'll stick to more practical things like disney pjs the first day, the glow sticks, favorite gum and themed snacks for the parks etc. The first time I honestly bought every disney thing I could find in a dollar bin for 6 months and took it with us LOL. I brought quite a haul home because he couldn't possibly use it all in 7 days!

Here is what the first invite she is getting looks like: Its inviting her on the trip. The rest are along these line. If my internet was working better I would upload the examples of the others. The 1900 breakfast is my favorite. :love: The idea is to have her give them to the CM when we arrive. also planning on having a CM give her an invite if we are doing something special later in the day. like BoG the night for 1900...

Love these invites! Did you buy them?

Love these invites! Did you buy them?

I ordered these from Zazzle. I had a coupon and free shipping at the time. It cost me less then $1. With this one and the others I ordered it came to 9 invites and 6 mousekeeping thank yous for less then $20. Which was cheaper then buying all the items to make these cards myself. Just got to watch for those Zazzle sales if you use them.

I ordered these from Zazzle. I had a coupon and free shipping at the time. It cost me less then $1. With this one and the others I ordered it came to 9 invites and 6 mousekeeping thank yous for less then $20. Which was cheaper then buying all the items to make these cards myself. Just got to watch for those Zazzle sales if you use them.

Thanks for the info :thumbsup2

"Is it best for Tinkerbell gifts to arrive before they go to Disney and is 8 years old to old for Tinkerbell gifts"

I think before or at Disney would be up to you. As for age my 12 year old will be getting them. Who doesn't like getting treats?

Tinkerbelle is visiting our house every day to check on the kids and "report to Mickey" about how they are behaving (a la Elf on the Shelf) with no treats. She will come with us on our vacation and leave treats for the kids --ID bracelets, glow sticks, disney pez dispensers, candy, homemade EPCOT passports. The second to last night we are having a "Pirate and Princess Pamper Party" at our condo with bubble baths, magic washcloths, mani/ pedis for the girls and manly foot massages for the boys. hat night they will get princess outfits and tiaras, or pirate tee shirts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter