Tinkerbell Gifts Left For Kids in the Rooms?

WaltD4Me

<font color=royalblue>PS...I tried asking for wate
I'm pretty sure I read here about some Dis-ers leaving small Tinkerbell gifts for their kids to come back to in the rooms. I've gotten a few little things and was wondering if you yourself left them out for the kids somehow or if you left them for housekeeping to leave on the beds or how you did it? Did you leave a note for housekeeping or mention it to the desk or something?

Sorry if this is a DUMB question! I've only got 10 days to go and my brain is on Disney Overdrive! :hyper:

Lisa :earsboy:

no dumb questions here at the dis!

i was one who did "pillow gifts" and i put them out myself after the kids were asleep each night... usually left them on the nightstand or the chair or table... i wrapped them in advance, and made labels (princess cameras came from the princesses of course, bouncing water ball from tigger, mickey shirts from the big cheese himself and his gal, etc...) it was fun to watch the kids when they woke up and realized there was another gift for them... it was also fun to listen to them ask the characters and princesses just how they got into our rooms when the doors were locked... they just told them disney magic (those that spoke... the others pantomimed that it's a secret and they cannot tell! LOL!)

i would be hesitant to leave notes for mousekeeping to do it because a) they may not read english b) not do it or c) leave the not behind for your child to read... none of which would be a good thing!

good luck and enjoy!

p.s. i had wrapped each gift in a brightly colored lunch bag and affixed the label before we left home and hid them in my suitcase so all i had to do was pull one out sometime in the middle of the night and we were good to go!

We also leave gifts every night under their pillows. My kids call it the Mickey fairy (as opposed to the tooth fairy...she had to come one night at WDW too, it was a busy night!!). It's much easier this way, you don't have to sneak into the room before them or worry about mousekeeping. Plus it helps them settle a bit at night if they're overtired. It's really a fun thing to do but a tough trend to start cause there's no stopping on the next trip!!

I do gifts for when we return from the park each day. I just make sure I am last out or "forgot something in the room" that I run back for. The location in the room changes depending on my mood and easy of leaving it but after day 1, they go tearing through the room looking if it isn't waiting just inside the door.

This is a tradition I love and manage to still pull off even though sometimes it is just me and DD9.

Happy travels
Sandy

I love this site for all the ideas everyone share with us...Thanks:earsgirl:

I'm the one that does the gifts. I bought disney themed gift bags at the dollar tree store before we left and after the first night the kids knew to leave them out. I had all the Tinkerbelle gifts packed in one suitcase (3 kids - 9 nights!). The only hard part was that I had to stay up until they were sound asleep to do my Tinkerbelle act. One night I actually did drift off and woke up in a panic around 5:00 am. Luckily they were out like lights.

I would love to hear of examples of what people have purchased. I am sharing ideas with my sister-in-laws for a family reunion cruise and DW trip. Any suggestions would be great!

I did Tinkerbell Gifts too.

I was so tired the second night that I completely forgot to put one out!! My DD woke up wondering where her gift was so I flew into the bathroom and stashed it there without her seeing me. Phew! From then on, I put it in different places to cover myself. It was really cute seeing her hunt all over the room for it.

I left her Ariel bubbles, Kim Possible pj's, tink bathing suit, Toy Story puzzle, princess chocolate coins, princess trick or treat bag (we went at halloween) and a small toy I got at TDS. Everything I got was on clearance or just really cheap. No one item was more than $4. The bathing suit and pj's were after-summer clearance items.

Instead of the traditional autograph books that eveyone had, I got my DD4 a spiral book of perforated index cards that tear out. We had the characters sign on the blank side, not the lined side, and when we got home, I pulled them out and I put them into her scrapbook along with the pictures of her with each character. So she has a few pictures with her and the different Mickey's along with his autograph. We got almost 50 different characters autographs during the week. It was so much better than having just a plain autograph book. I would really recommend this to all the scrapbookers out there.

Enjoy your cruise!

I'm also doing the "Tinkerbell" gifts for our upcoming trip!!! Last year, I had Gifts of a Lifetime deliver a basket with some surprises in it and my daughter LOVED it!!!

This time, I'm bringing a little gift for her to "find" each morning. I'm packing the party bags and tissue (as well as the gift) in my bag. I even have some shiny sprinkles to put around the bag!!

I've got some pins for trading, a princess camera, Disney dollars, and I'll probably pick up a Disney stuffed animal while we're there!

Can't wait to see her face when she finds her surprises!!!

Some of the things I left were:

giant Mickey lollipops
glow necklaces
Ariel and Cinderella lip glosses
Arield and Cinderella bubbles
Pooh bubbles
DIsney princess markers
Disney princess crayons
small Disney stuffed animals
Disney small fans
"magic" towels
Small Disney radios
Peter Pan small sword filled with candyh
Disney etch a sketch fan

I just usually start shopping in the Disney store and dollar stores a few months before we go and get whatever is on sale.

some of the items i left...

princess and pooh cameras (target)
mickey/minnie plush (disney store on sale weeks before we left)
lilo and stitch candy (disney store)
glow necklaces (oriental trading)
tee shirts for the family (disney store)
bouncing water yoyo (dollar store)
socks (kmart? target?)
disney paper/pencil/stickers (party supply store)
underwater camera (target) for our waterpark day w/note "from nemo"
cd/gameboy game (toy store) last day for the trip home!

there may have been a few other small things, but that's all i can remember!

Let's see if I can remember some of the things we've left:

pins for trading
books with Disney characters
stickers w/ Disney characters
those Disney chocolate balls with the candy inside
magic towels on Clearance at TDS
knick knack stuff on Clearance at TDS
quarters and pennies for pressing
Matchbox type cars with Disney characters

That's all I can think of at the moment. I don't think anything was more than $3. The books were soft cover from Walmart and the pins I got on clearance in a Toronto Disney Store when we vacationed there 4 months before our trip. TDS clearance stuff I got after watching posts on the Budget Board for clearance sales (I'm about 30 minutes from the nearest store). The cars came from Toys R Us. It really is a challenge finding all inexpensive Disney stuff but it's still fun and something we all enjoy!!

I usually ship my goodies ahead of time in one big box. I pick it up when we check in. I have a list of what to give each night and I printed off some greeting cards off the disney princess activity center site and then I copied their signatures out of an old autograph book. I sign them with welcome, or I saw you waving at me in the parade yesterday, thanks for having breakfast with me yesterday, etc.

Ours were from the "Fairy Godmother"... We took down our little cousins (7 & 5) for their first trip along with their parents and stayed at Beach Club Villas. As soon as they got in the room there was a little letter from the Fairy Godmother that welcomed them and gave them each a pin and a disposible camera (We previously purchased them both the starter pin set and traded them out on our last trip and purchased more from ebay for around $3 each)

Each day the Fairy Godmother told them what they could see each day and asked them to write a quick letter back to her before they went to sleep that night -- a really neat way to see what they liked for the day (slid under the door of course). Each morning they woke up and found another letter and another pin for each of them. The last day there were some Disney Dollars for them to spend and all of the little letters they wrote were returned so they had something to remember...

We are planned to leave this Sunday. I was concidering having the kids bring their christmas stocking to put the small gifts i got in... i shouldnt say small... one of the gifts is a cinderella dress, doesnt qualify as small i dont think :) lol
Im afraid the airport will want to open the bag that stuff will be in and the kids see it all.
Tink~

The other really great thing about the tinkerbell gifts is that my kids were happy to get back to the room to see what had been left for them (they caught on after about 2 days of getting surprises). No complaints about leaving a park at the end of the day and it really made us have the "magic" all day.

I also found that they really didn't ask for much in terms of souveniers this last trip.

The things I sent ahead to the hotel were all things that would keep them busy in the room and things they could do on the plane trip home.

EG:
disney store barbies
huge activity books from sam's/costco
disney princess markers
sticker books and stickers
princess magnets (we used them on our little fridge)
little disney polly pockets.

not too much candy.

I also purchased some fairy dust from a store called "Club Libby Lu" here in Minneapolis and sprinkled it around the room by each girls' bed and across the walkway of our room and outside our hotel door when "Tinkerbell" came one night and left each of the girl's a $10 disney dollar which had tinkerbell on it. (don't think they have tink on them anymore).

On the subject of souveniers, I also laid some ground rules for what we would buy and not buy on our trip: no candy, no stuffed animals (ugh- we have way to many), one princess dress each-but no shoes, crowns, jewelry etc..

This made it alot easier to remind them when they asked and we avoided the meltdowns that can occur when in the middle of all that cool stuff!

W also tell our family as soon as we have a trip planned to give the kids disney dollars/money for birthdays, easter, christmas.

Each of my kids had about $150 to spend and that was plenty!

As we were only there for 2 days, I didn't have much time to do a lot. The night we arrived I got to the room ahead of our friends and my DD5. I left a small stuffed Mikey and Minnie for each of them, along with a note from Mikey welcoming them to Disney telling them to have fun, be good etc. On the morning of our CRT breakfast, I "slipped" notes under our door (actually just left them on the floor by the door) from Cinderella telling them that she couldn't wait to see them at breakfast etc.

I can't wait till we go back with my DH and BOTH of my DD for a longer trip so that I can think of more ideas!

Pam

:earsgirl: Me (33)
:earsboy: DH (34)
princess: DD (5)
princess: DD (2)

Must to see it!!!! For my daughter I just bought from AVON a Tinkerbell Rain Coat and Umbrella for 19.99 (compare to Disney Store) and a cute Princess Bracelet for 14.99 (with her box)....Just buying this items for my Tinkerbell Gifts....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter