• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tink strategy:

estherhead

DIS Veteran
OK, so we HAVE to meet Tinkerbelle but we are not a family accustomed to waiting in lines & we have a 20 month old in addition to our 2 bigger girls. Does anyone have a good strategy for this?

We will be going the weekend of Thanksgiving & the following week. We can easily be at rope drop at Toontown but the stories are even at rope drop it's a 90 minute wait. Someone mentioned right after that initial surge it dies down, like around 10:30.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm thinking this might be a day I agree to let the big girls take their Nintendo DS's & maybe dh & the toddler don't even bother with Toontown. What do you all think?

What Tink strategy will you be using?

I'm guessing it's going to be insane.:eek:

I think you'll have better luck during the afternoon or evening parade.

Personally, I'm hoping everyone will be on the Tink line and not in Mickey or Minnie's homes!

Yes we need someone to report on wait times at each hour of the day! I have seen someone post being there at rope drop and getting done at 11:15. Someone else waited for 2 hours one afternoon and someone else had about 1 hour. I am thinking rope drop, but that is prime rides time too. We may have to collect some fast passes beforehand and let DH have at the rides while we wait.

Question: has anyone been at rope drop at the train station and does it give you an advantage?

I"m worried about this, too. If no one reports back, I'll try to give some updates while I'm down there. I"ll be there Nov 1-8 and I really want my picture with Tink! I will be traveling with my family, so I can't just stake the place out all day, but I'll do my best to give you some scoop! ;)

I'm guessing it's going to be insane.:eek:

I think you'll have better luck during the afternoon or evening parade.

Personally, I'm hoping everyone will be on the Tink line and not in Mickey or Minnie's homes!

That won't be the case as all the boys will be killing time in those houses while the girls are in line!

I went the first day of official opening. we were there @ 9:15 am waiting for rope drop. At exactly 9:45 they opened up and everyone ran...except me I have bad knees...my 8 yo daughter was first in line...thank god...I apologized to everyone in line for her fast sprint, but they all laughed and said that they were excited as well and that's why they were running. Anyways we spent about 10m in between line forming and actual meet and greet with tink and iridessa, on our way out the line was 90m.
So I recomend being there at rope drop 9:45am and going straight to meet the fairies...:lovestruc

Oh man.. Im going to have to keep an eye on this thread :lmao:

We will be going in January and I WILL meet the Fairies!! I dont care how long I have to wait, but it will happen.. :rotfl2:

My current plan will be to walk at a fast pace at rope drop (thank goodness Ive lost some weight!)

Curious to see how the lines are during the parades, etc..

here at toon town now 90 minute wait for fairies. cm said this morning it was a 3 hour wait

My dd is hoping to meet them and we'll be trying for rope drop. We'll be there Friday. I'll let you know how it goes.

Yes we need someone to report on wait times at each hour of the day! I have seen someone post being there at rope drop and getting done at 11:15. Someone else waited for 2 hours one afternoon and someone else had about 1 hour. I am thinking rope drop, but that is prime rides time too. We may have to collect some fast passes beforehand and let DH have at the rides while we wait.

Question: has anyone been at rope drop at the train station and does it give you an advantage?
I think the Train Depot Rope Drop would be somewhat of an advantage simply because it is closer to the Character Hall of Fame than the "Fantasyland Rope Drop".I think the number of Guests waiting there would be smaller also because that location has to be accessed either by the WDW Railroad or the Tomorrowland to Toontown Pathway and a lot of Guests may not be familiar with the Train Depot Rope Drop and how to access it.:)

I think the Train Depot Rope Drop would be somewhat of an advantage simply because it is closer to the Character Hall of Fame than the "Fantasyland Rope Drop".I think the number of Guests waiting there would be smaller also because that location has to be accessed either by the WDW Railroad or the Tomorrowland to Toontown Pathway and a lot of Guests may not be familiar with the Train Depot Rope Drop and how to access it.:)

Oooo, I will HAVE to do that. We were planning on doing Fantasyland rope drop but I think the Tomorrowland one is a better plan.

Hmmm...this is a good idea. I may have to try this...don't tell anyone else....;)

i'm curious how it will be during parades. we're going in december and i know the saturday that we're at MK there are two spectros and we're planning on seeing the second one. so maybe we can meet tink during the first one? i know some characters take a break during the parades - does anyone know if she does? any info on how the lines are during parades or wishes would be greatly appreciated! :thumbsup2

i thought about rope drop but who am i kidding????? DH and i can't get out of bed before 9:00 while on vacation! :rotfl:

I can report that today (Wednesday) I got in the Fairie's line at 10:15, and finally met the fairies around noon (actually probably a little after), and left the room around 12:15. The whole experience took 2 hours! :faint: The sign said 90 minutes. Yikes!

It was pretty clear how everyone was dealing with the waits - parents and kids were constantly coming and going, keeping at least one member of their party remaining in line to hold their place. I was always moving aside to let some parent or child through the line to catch up to their party. My nephew only joined me when I was 4 families from the front of the line - he walked though the Princess line to reach me (since it was very short!). Overall I was really bored in line - I don't think I will do an almost 2 hour line again anytime soon!

I'm worried about that wait, too. Am wondering how it will be in the evening? We arrive on the 12th, and will spend every night in the MK - but our day planned for rope drop isn't till the 16th - can't wait that long to see Tink!

If MK closes at 8, would there be a certain time they'd stop people from getting in line to see Tink?
Really not sure how I'll be able to handle my autistic son waiting in line, or how the people in line near us will be able to handle him throwing himself around. But my dd is nutso for Tink and this is a MUST for her.

Also.. will Toontown be opened with Tink there during MVMCP??

OK, so we HAVE to meet Tinkerbelle but we are not a family accustomed to waiting in lines & we have a 20 month old in addition to our 2 bigger girls. Does anyone have a good strategy for this?

Anyone have any ideas? I'm thinking this might be a day I agree to let the big girls take their Nintendo DS's & maybe dh & the toddler don't even bother with Toontown. What do you all think?

What Tink strategy will you be using?

We just did this yesterday and it WAS a nightmare. Easily the worst part of our trip. We were at the ToonTown entrance by Fantasy Land at 9am waiting at the rope. The crowd was building behind us and people were getting ready to charge...you could hear them talking about how they were going to "run" and "take off" it was nerve wracking and disgusting. The Cast members who opned the park controlled the situation a bit by lowering the rope and standing in front of us in a line and we all walked slowly over to the Tent area. Got there in time to see all the people from the train station getting to the tent before us. So being over there is much closer and you will get in sooner. Grown ups pushed and shoved and stepped on anybody they could to get in front of people. Nice.

After we did get in line it was 11:30 before we got out. The set up they are using stinks IMHO. The process to get in to the Fairies needs some tweaking before it will run smoothly. When you finally get to the front of the line they take 3 families over to the door and a cast member gives a very lame intro to how we are going to be shrunk to fairy size, then we went through the doors to a cool hallway, where we got to wait some more!! All the time listening to the same lame cast member go on about fairies and try and get overly tired people who have been waiting in line for hours to be excited. She was tellign our girls how they didn't have to be so quiet!! Lady they were being good, and quiet and patient, My SIL and I both agreed we were doing all we could not to bang our heads against the wall at this point.

Finally, Finally, we see people leaving and it was a freaking VIP family of 6 with a park tour person that didn't even have to wait in the damn line!! I really hope they had to pay through the nose for that!!

We go around the corner and it is very pretty and new...the Fairies ask us to flap our wings (must resist more head banging urges)
we get to see Silvermist, Tink , and Iridessa..they are very nice and trying hard to get used to their roles, I thought Tink was adorable. My Sil thought she wasn't and hated the Fairies shoes. I thought she was being cranky :)

My dd 7 and her cousin 8 both had starstuck looks on their faces when they met Tink though, and we got cool pictures. I hope I never have to do that again.

Our trip until the Faries has been completly magical and we feel like that experience threw off our groove, killed our happy mojo, etc, etc. So much so that just the thought of facing more pushing, shoving, rude people for the Spectro parade and Wishes that night made us change our plans. We would have had no patience ourselves and might have become those people.

So I say give your DH and the toddler a break and let them skip it...and bring a big sack of pixie dust with you.

We plan to be at Toontown for RP.
We won't need to see the Fairies or Princesses....just Mickey and the gang.

When you say the Tent area, are the lines for ALL of the characters that long? (please say no)

When you say the Tent area, are the lines for ALL of the characters that long? (please say no)

Yesterday in the afternoon, around 2pm, the posted wait for the fairies was 90 minutes and 30 minutes for the princesses. We didn't wait.:)

My understanding is that Mickey will still be at his house, but his pals aren't in Toontown any more. Only princesses and fairies are in the Hall of Fame now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter