Tink Question!!!

HeyItsDeb

Earning My Ears
HEY DIS'ERS! I heard that there was a "secret". That you could wake up Tink!!! Where do you do that? And how would I do it? I LOVE LOVE LOVE Tink!

You have to be one of the firs - if not THE first guest in the fantasy land gift shop that is on your left just as you come out from under the Castle. Tink flies around in there all day. Get to the park at opening - and get there first and ask.

I read about one lady who was trying to let her 6 yr old do it and she said that some lady with a 10mo old in her arms beat her to it. If I have to ask, will someone beat me to it too? :(

Just going to post that many people now know of this "magical moment' - last Oct after we finished our castle breakfast we went down to go to Tink's... along with 5 other families!! One dad grabbed his dd and ran, pushed another stroller out of his way, and literally shoved his kid in front of the CM's face... we wandered in later (by a minute or so) to hear the 2nd dad yell at the CM for "rewarding" dad #1 behavior!! It was unreal, and shockingly sad!!

The CM remained calm, and stated all kids in the shop would have the opportunity to "wake up Tink and get a certificate" DD didnt want a part of it, we were there to replace a broken Princess Crown - the CM smiled and told dd to take her place and we had our Picture Opportunity!!

Its definately NOT worth fighting for... Tink runs around the shop and lands in a dresser by the stores doors - that is fun to peer into the key hole and see Tink!!

Didnt I remember a post saying there was a problem with Tink and the dresser?

Yeah, I've tried twice already, and the last time I tried I was literally 1 minute seconds late. I went running in there and the lady who woke Tink up walked out as I walked in. It's really difficult! Good Luck though!

I have tried several times to go to Tink's Treasures and "wake- up Tink", but someone always beats me to it. You have to be THE FIRST one there to do it. (Im 33 and cant run that fast! :lmao: haha).

So, I just go and look at Tink in the dresser. It is so dern cute! I havent seen Tink fly in the store yet, cause Im always too late, but Im gonna try next visit!

We hauled butt to Tinks Treasure and were the second ones there so she had already been woken up.

And there is a problem with the drawer because when you look in all you see is the light blink but no Tink.
Found this out after I had both girls standing there staring into the keyhole and they were like "yeah,and..."

We hauled butt to Tinks Treasure and were the second ones there so she had already been woken up.

And there is a problem with the drawer because when you look in all you see is the light blink but no Tink.
Found this out after I had both girls standing there staring into the keyhole and they were like "yeah,and..."

OH NO! I hope Tink is there in 10 days!!!:sad1:

One dad grabbed his dd and ran, pushed another stroller out of his way, and literally shoved his kid in front of the CM's face... we wandered in later (by a minute or so) to hear the 2nd dad yell at the CM for "rewarding" dad #1 behavior!! It was unreal, and shockingly sad!!
Just my 2 cents...

Some guests are way too anal when touring the parks. Whether it be waking up tink, wearing a button to see what "extras" I can get, to anything and everything in between. With all there is to see and do at WDW, why not just go with the flow and enjoy yourself.

Flame away as I am sure to be in the minority on this subject. :wave2:

Here the cerfticate you get if your are lucky enough to wake Tink up.

DSCF0049-1.jpg

Here is my daughter waking up Tink in Oct.

DSCF0047-2.jpg

If you want Tinks signature, go on the family magic tour.

DSCF0062-1.jpg

We got to meet Peter pan and Wendy and go to Philamagic with them, my daughter thought this was amazing !!!

We did this last trip. You do have to get there early & be at the rope drop at the castle. Stand to the left as you look into Fantasyland. They let all 3 of our kids participate and all got certificates (with Hidden Mickeys in their names). My son used a sword instead of a wand. I don't think I would push, shove or fight! It just doesn't seem worth it if you have to fight. My kids did run from the castle to the store, but no pushing or shoving!

I thought "Tink" was always just a light in the dresser. We have been in that shop many times over the years and looked in the dresser and have only seen Tink's light, not actually Tinkerbell. She is very fast so you can only see here light as she flys by.....

Don't need to fight the crowd and see rude parents to see Tink. You can see it anytime through the keyhole in the drawer -

http://disneysizeme.blogspot.com/2005/12/day-seven-parks-resorts.html#links

DSC00516.0.jpg

My DD3 at the time stood there forever looking into the keyhole and yelling out "I SEE HER!" every time Tink appears. Much more relaxing than waiting at rope drop and risk having your kids see how rude some people can behave in the happiest place on earth.

My DS and DD woke up tink...we had an early ADR at CP and were able to get to the castle rope drop before anyone else. We positioned ourselves to the left portion of the rope and "walked with purpose" to Tink's Treasures....no one else came in the whole time we were in there waking her up. DD wore a crown and had a wand, DS had a sword...it was cute, but not worth physical violence certainly. We will not do it again so that other people have a chance.

You don't need to be there first in the morning, like the other poster said. You can see her anytime, you can see the light in the drawer, but if you ask the person working if you can see Tink, they will take you to the drawer and make her "fly" around the store.

Spoiler!!!!!!!!

Even when you wake her up you don't "see" Tink, she is just lights that move around on the walls, and in the drawer is just a light. My DD was dissappointed because she wanted to see Tinkerbell. She said "Mom, it's just a light, big deal!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter