Tink’s first journey to the Mainland(Pooh’s journey2 be 50lbs lighter)PTR updated3/7

Shan,

Girl, the drive is about 6 hours. Seriously! It just depends on how many times you stop. We grab b'fast before leaving (eat in car) and stop once or twice to fill up/bathroom breaks. Even with the little ones this is okay. I bring plenty of snacks and juice/water/soda. Can I make a suggestion friend? Lol. Look into flights b/c you may be able to find some great deals. Keep driving as a backup. ;)

There is a kiddie section at Boma's where you can get mac-n-cheese, chicken fingers, fruit and salad bar. That's where I ate when I dined there. LOL. I'm picky. ;)

Yes, do naps, please!!!! We were always at the parks for rope drop and would be out of there by noon. We would have lunch, swim or nap. In July, we did rope drop for MK, left by noon, had lunch, went swimming, took a long nap and got back to MK for EMH at 11pm and stayed till 3 am. YES, WE DID! LOL. My babies enjoyed that time and we walked onto every ride/attraction. Of course we slept in the next day!

I'm so happy my friend is on DIS boards!!!! Yay! By the way, I love the outlets. When I lived in Tampa I would always drive over just for outlet days-shopping!!!

I tried to do no nap yesterday with Tink. She was just TOO hyper, so I definitely think the nap/break in the middle of the day then back to the arks will be the best bet. I thought about finding a cheap flight but then I thought if I fly how on earth will I get all my goods from the malls back to GA? :rotfl2:

A 7 hour drive isn't so bad at all. I WISH we lived that close.
Great ADR choices.
I've never been to the outlets in Florida. Now, I have to do some research. I may need to add that to my must-do list.

Thank you I spent a LOT of time researching :surfweb: the restaurants. Shopping is always a must do in my book!

Hi Shan, I'm joining in on your adventure!

Another reader yaaayyy :cheer2: WELCOME!!!

Hi, Shan!!! I had no idea you were Cas' friend when you first posted on my TR/PTR! :laughing: I am here for all the fun on your PTR! Our dates are almost exactly the same, and we are staying at CSR, too, for Free Dining! :thumbsup2

If you are on the southside of Atlanta, you will make it down there in about six hours. We are an hour north, and it takes us about seven to seven and a half hours depending on how many times Charles has to stop.

Hi Jackie, Cas and I used to be neighbors! Welcome to my PTR! If your dates are about the same as mine we are bound to run into each other we should do a DIS meet! :yay: I am on the east side of Atlanta. The only problem is it seems like Tink has to use the bathroom every hour :headache: which always adds to trip time.

I booked my trip to Disney in August. Actually, that is a funny story... Wanna hear it? Well here is goes! I had been waiting and waiting (for months to be exact) to find out what the spring promotion would be before I booked the trip. I was online(DIS of course) and everyone was speculating what the new promotion would be. The biggest rumor was that Disney had decided to extend the Free Dining promo. Now this had never happened before (as far as I'd known) so I figured it to be speculation. So on the day the promotion was supposed to come out I checked Disney's site from work but the site had a kink, it was up but reservations wouldn't work... I figured they were updating the promotion. Tink had an appointment that day while waiting to be called, I tried to log on to Disney's website again from my phone. (Don't judge me!) No such luck my phone would not support Disney's site, but guess what my phone does support??? Disboards.com.... so off I searched for the newest promotion. Say it ain't soo.. Free dining through September of next year :thumbsup2

I figured everyone was booking their trips, I also wanted to jump on it so I could get the hotel I want. On the way home I made my first call to Disney. Yes I know the number by heart (one again don't judge me!) I gave her my dates and my hotel choice and it was available.. :woohoo:My heart started pounding fast and could feel my excitement growning! Then the CM asked for my card number. Then and only then is when I realized I driving in the car :rotfl2: So I pulled over into a QT parking lot to finish making my ressie. She gave me my confirmation number and my 180 ADR date. November 30th inside I was jumping for joy. I put the date in my phone and set 3 reminders! Then I just sat in the parking lot for a minute and thought it's really happening! Im really going to Disney! Then I was snapped back to reality when Tink asked me "Mommy since we are at QT can I have a slushy?" My response. "Uhm no.. but I will get you a slushy when we are at Disney!" LOL!!!

Okay so on to my actual ADR day. Being a teacher at 6:30am I am in the car and driving to work. By 7:30 I have 23 first graders ready to learn. BUT my planning time is at 9. What will I be planning that day?? My ADR's!!! I logged on to the Disney site. Everything looked good. Then I went into my reservation to try to book some ressie's and I got a message saying the system is currently down do to maintenance. :eek: Next thing I know I'm saying out loud "WHA DO YA MEAN the system is down?":mad: I mean who does system maintenance in the morning or even the middle of the day?? Disney that is who. So I called Disney to see when the system would be up and running. The CM was very nice and told me she could make the ressies for me! whew.. I was so relieved so off I went to make my ressies. I got everything I wanted except Teppan Edo and San Angel were not in the system yet :confused: Does that mean they are not apart of the dining plan this year. I think I will call back and try again today. I won't repost my ADR's because they are the same as my tentative schedule.

That's funny. The things we will do for Disney. So does Tink know about the trip? If not, you should do a big reveal and post it on Disney's Web site. ;)

Have you tried making those two ADRs online since your original call? If not, I would try to do so. :)

:rotfl:

I love the ADR story. I too am in education. I am actually a school librarian after 10 years of :teacher: high school. So I understand have that bit of "planning time" during the day. I am notorious for going to my car EVERYDAY for my lunch, and while there I :surfweb: on my IPhone and take notes and do the rest when I get home :rotfl::rotfl2:. Thankfully, there are so many apps out there that help.

You and your dd will have an awesome time. I would love to go with just my dd and I one day. We (MadiMouse and I) have discussed just meeting at the World with the girls and making it a weekend. So we will see what happens with that. You never know ;). I have been taking my oldest since she was 7 months old and the youngest since he was 6 months. OF course, we were doing it like twice a year along with the cruise. I think that it is safe to say that both of my Disney-addicts are experts. :goodvibes

Making those ADR's are like an addict looking for drugs (Except its Disney) :rotfl: Not a bad thing to have, because I get that same rush. I make multiple ressies and about 1 month before, I will cancel. I know its wrong, but I cant help it.

By the way... Bomas is a must do. My dd loves it and even when she was 5 she ate actually tried the different foods and loved it. Of course, there is still a children section of traditional foods, so she will be fine. Be sure to try those Zebrz truffle things (the name slips my mind at the moment). They are heaven!!!

I'm in!

I LOVE your earrings! They are awesome!

Your DD is soooooooooo cute!!

Outlets? I love outlets! We are driving down for our daughter's MAW trip and since we are driving I'm thinking a day at the outlets before we come back might not be such a bad idea! :banana:

Good luck on the weight loss! You can do it! :cheer2::cheer2:

Hollie

SUBBING!!!!!

This will be DH' and DS and DD's second trip, and my 6th ( I think). We are leaving Decemer 19th and will be in the World from the 20 to the 27th.

Ill join you on that weight loss adventure as well. I need to lose 80 lbs!!!!

That's funny. The things we will do for Disney. So does Tink know about the trip? If not, you should do a big reveal and post it on Disney's Web site. ;)

Have you tried making those two ADRs online since your original call? If not, I would try to do so. :)

Yes Tink does know about our trip! We will be celebrating her birthday 5 1/2 birthday there! LOL! Yes, I said 5 1/2!

I hope you get Teppan Edo and San Angel! :wizard:

I did try to make the ADRs online today, they are available but I couldn't figure out which place I want go to.:confused3 I am so indecisive!

subbing - can't wait to read more

Welcome to my PTR!!

:rotfl:

I love the ADR story. I too am in education. I am actually a school librarian after 10 years of :teacher: high school. So I understand have that bit of "planning time" during the day. I am notorious for going to my car EVERYDAY for my lunch, and while there I :surfweb: on my IPhone and take notes and do the rest when I get home :rotfl::rotfl2:. Thankfully, there are so many apps out there that help.

You and your dd will have an awesome time. I would love to go with just my dd and I one day. We (MadiMouse and I) have discussed just meeting at the World with the girls and making it a weekend. So we will see what happens with that. You never know ;). I have been taking my oldest since she was 7 months old and the youngest since he was 6 months. OF course, we were doing it like twice a year along with the cruise. I think that it is safe to say that both of my Disney-addicts are experts. :goodvibes

Making those ADR's are like an addict looking for drugs (Except its Disney) :rotfl: Not a bad thing to have, because I get that same rush. I make multiple ressies and about 1 month before, I will cancel. I know its wrong, but I cant help it.

By the way... Bomas is a must do. My dd loves it and even when she was 5 she ate actually tried the different foods and loved it. Of course, there is still a children section of traditional foods, so she will be fine. Be sure to try those Zebrz truffle things (the name slips my mind at the moment). They are heaven!!!

Yay another educator!! So you can totally relate to getting things done during planning time. An all girls trip sounds like a lot of fun. I Tink would have more fun if a other children were coming with. I need to talk to Madi Mouse so we can make that happen! Usually Tink, my mother and I go on a cruise every year. I am already plotting my next cruise too. Usually we go on Carnival or Royal Caribbean, I have yet to go on a Disney cruise. I'd like to do a Disney cruise but my mom is not a Disney fan :scared1: but I think I'm wearing her down!

I'm in!

I LOVE your earrings! They are awesome!

Your DD is soooooooooo cute!!

Outlets? I love outlets! We are driving down for our daughter's MAW trip and since we are driving I'm thinking a day at the outlets before we come back might not be such a bad idea! :banana:

Good luck on the weight loss! You can do it! :cheer2::cheer2:

Hollie

Welcome Hollie 1974, thanks for joining. My earrings I got from Lane Bryant for like $5. That was the BEST $5 I've spent in a long time! I am telling you the outlets are the way to go! We (my mother and I) happened upon them on the way to Port Canaveral and of course being the shopaholic that I am I HAD to stop on the way back. It was definitely a good decision, I found some GREAT deals. Thank you for being my weight loss cheerleader. I am definitely gonna need it.

SUBBING!!!!!

This will be DH' and DS and DD's second trip, and my 6th ( I think). We are leaving Decemer 19th and will be in the World from the 20 to the 27th.

Ill join you on that weight loss adventure as well. I need to lose 80 lbs!!!!

Yay! Another person in the weight loss journey! I am ready to go! I am officially beginning January 1st! Right now Im just preparing. I will post on the preparations soon.

I have seen this survey on a few other people's sites so I decided to do one too!

1. What is your name?::

Shan

2. When was the first time you went to Disney World?::

Summer 1992

3. When was the last time you went to Disney World?::

April 1998 (Too long ago)

4. When is the next time you will be in Disney World?::

May 2011

GETTING THERE

5. How do you usually get to to Disney World?::

I used to fly this time I will drive

6. What do you do to pass the time while getting there?::

Try not to have any blue lights chase me!

7. Do you have any particularly memorable or interesting experiences you can recall happening on your journey to Disney World?::

While in high school I was in an engineering/ robotics competition called US First and we used to go to Disney every year for the nationals. (This is when the All Star resorts were fairly new. Anyway one year they gave us a connecting room( why did they do that??), we broke the beds down (engineering geeks remember?) and moved them to the other room. We had a party in our room and charged like $1 to get in!! All day we "advertised" our party by word of mouth! Sad to say I was one of those rowdy teenagers everyone tries to avoid. :cool1: Good Times! LOL

LODGING

8. What is your favorite place you have stayed at and why? It does not have to be on property::

I have only stayed at the Value resorts. I m excited about my upcoming trip to CSR!

9. What is your least favorite place you have stayed at and why? (It doesn't necessarily have to be a bad place, it's just that maybe out of all your list of favorites, this would be your least favorite)::

On my first visit we stayed at the Days Inn. It was a horrible hotel. Although I was only 12 I still remember how lack luster the hotel was. This is the trip my inner hotel snob was born.

MAGIC KINGDOM

10. What is your favorite attraction in the MK?

The original alien encounters: Man that ride scared the bejeezus out of me. Now I think its call Stich's something!!

11. What is your least favorite attraction in the MK?

I don't have one!

12. Tell me a random memory you have involving the MK.

Uhm.. Idk it was too long ago!

13. What is your favorite place to eat in the MK?

I always did Quick Service restaurants. So anywhere that had good french fries. I am a french fry expert.

EPCOT

14. What is your favorite attraction in Epcot?

I love innovations... playing with all the new technology that was coming out. Do they still have that?

and the living seas ride.I

15. What is your least favorite attraction in Epcot?

Honey I shrunk the audience 3D movie... it was out of date!

16. Tell me a random memory you have involving Epcot.

At the finale of the engineering competition Epcot was shut down just for our group. They would have the award ceremony right between innovations and then have like a fire works show right after. It was great!

17. What is your favorite place to eat in Epcot?

The counter service place in the Land. They had good food!

18. What is your favorite country in the World Showcase?

Its a toss up between Norway ( I was into trolls BIG time) and Japan ( I loved the gymnasts) now that I think about it was that Japan or China??

HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS

19. What is your favorite attraction in HS?

Beauty and the Beast show.

20. What is your least favorite attraction in HS?

21. Tell me a random memory you have involving HS.

Riding Tower of Terror for the first time. I just remember waiting for EVER and the ride only being like 10 seconds long! Good ride but it was way too short!

22. What is your favorite place to eat in HS?

I don't have one

22a. What is your least favorite place to eat in HS?

23. Do you watch the Citizens of Hollywood?

What is that??

ANIMAL KINGDOM

24. What is your favorite attraction in the AK?

AK was not open on my last visit

25. What is your least favorite attraction in the AK?

26. Tell me a random memory you have involving the AK.

27. What is your favorite place to eat in the AK?

OTHER DISNEY PLACES

28. Which water parks have you been to and which one was your favorite?

I can't remember which one it was.

29. What was your favorite part about that water park?

The wave pool.

30. Have you been to Disney Quest?

Nope

31. What was your favorite thing about Disney Quest?

32. Have you been to the Wide World of Sports?

No.

33. What was your favorite thing about the Wide World of Sports?

N/A

EXTINCT DISNEY

34. What are some of your favorite attractions that are no longer around?

Alien Encounters

35. Have you ever been to Discovery Island when it was still running?

36. Have you ever been to River Country when it was still running?

No.

37. What was your favorite part about the now shut down Pleasure Island?

I liked the count down at midnight! My last year at Disney I had just turned 18 so I was finally able to go to Downtown Disney!

38. What is your favorite extinct show/parade?

I don't know.

RANDOMS

39. What is one thing you MUST do every time you go to Disney?

I don't have one.

40. What is one thing you MUST eat every time you go to Disney?

I don't have one YET... but I am excited about trying the Dole Whip.

41. What is something you haven't done yet that you look forward to doing?

Animal Kingdom

42. What is something you have done and have no interest in doing again?

The Great Movie ride.

43. Who is your favorite Disney female?

Tiana and Belle... I can't choose between the two

44. Who is your favorite Disney male?

The Genie from Aladin. (I like big men!! tee hee hee)

45. Who is your favorite Disney villain?

uhm... can't think of one!

46. Your earliest Disney Park Memory:
Seeing people walk around eating giant Turkey legs and thinking they wer Barbaric... until I found my self (literally) tearing into one too!

47. What other Disney Parks have you been to outside of Disney World?
None

48. Have you ever had to explain your love for Disney to someone who just didn't "get" it?

Yes,to my mom, she thinks I am a nut! If she only knew there are more of me than there are of her!

49. Blasphemous I know, but where is your favorite place to travel outside of Disney?

By far Cruising. I just LOVE cruises!

50. Which Disney character reminds you of you?

Mama Odie (The Princess and the Frog) because many times I may seem out of it. BUT I always know exactly what I'm talking about! Plus I am long winded but if you hang in there I will get to the point! LOL!

If you have way too much time on your hands like I do. Copy and paste this survey after you hit reply. I would love to see your answers!

Oh, you and I are too much alike! I have the Disney Reservation number and the Disney Dining number in my address book on my phone. :laughing: I tend to use my planning from time to time to plan the Disney trips! :lmao:

I cracked up over you telling Tink you would get her a slushy at Disney -- I saw similar things to the kids! :rotfl:

Love the survey! Your story about the school trip is priceless!

Oh so you were one of those kids - loud and obnoxious - while I'm sleeping! LOL.

Yep, you have a lot of time. LOL

Oh, you and I are too much alike! I have the Disney Reservation number and the Disney Dining number in my address book on my phone. :laughing: I tend to use my planning from time to time to plan the Disney trips! :lmao:

I cracked up over you telling Tink you would get her a slushy at Disney -- I saw similar things to the kids! :rotfl:

Love the survey! Your story about the school trip is priceless!

Planning time as a teacher is crucial, and Lord knows us elementary teachers don't get a lunch break!

Oh so you were one of those kids - loud and obnoxious - while I'm sleeping! LOL.

Yep, you have a lot of time. LOL

Yes that was me! But let's not forget this was in 1998 so you probably would have been paying your dollar to party like everyone else! :rotfl2:

Last night I had a lot of time on my hands. That is what happens when I drink a Pepsi at 8pm. I don't fall asleep until 4 am. I was wired:eek:

Yay another educator!! So you can totally relate to getting things done during planning time. An all girls trip sounds like a lot of fun. I Tink would have more fun if a other children were coming with. I need to talk to Madi Mouse so we can make that happen! Usually Tink, my mother and I go on a cruise every year. I am already plotting my next cruise too. Usually we go on Carnival or Royal Caribbean, I have yet to go on a Disney cruise. I'd like to do a Disney cruise but my mom is not a Disney fan :scared1: but I think I'm wearing her down![/COLOR][/FONT]

For sure I can fully relate :). I give so much props to the teachers that teach those little ones. :hug: My dd is in the 3rd grade and the littlest one will be 3 and starting Pre-K at the school my daughter attends this summer. So I am sure that I will be giving out many hugs to his teacher at the end of the day. :goodvibes

We definitely need to get with MadiMouse about that all girls trip. :thumbsup2

We have only done the DCL so far, but the plan is for us to do Allure of the Seas in 2012 or 2013. I have a twin sister who takes just her and two children (Ages 5&3) on Royal Caribbean for the past two summers. She LOVES IT!!! Of course she has drank the DCL water once in 2008 when we went for Christmas. I am not sure if she will ever go back, but so far... none :confused3. In our families we are seen as crazy!! Because we do Disney so the other family members including the parents, etc will NOT be seen on the DCL. :confused3 Oh well. The only thing that Disney has that the others do not is the casino. So if you mom is a casino person, she may not enjoy DCL. But perhaps you can convince her to do a short one and see what happens. :rotfl2: My parents are casino cruise people. except that they are leaving for their Hawaiian Cruise in April, and it does not have a casino like the others. (Opps) :eek: My mom knows this but she wont be telling my dad. Shes gonna let him find out on his own. Wow!! :rotfl: I told my mom, just make sure that I am on the phone when she breaks the news to him. But that is ok, if he does well on that one he will be FORCED to do Disney the next time ;).

1. What is your name?::

Raquel

2. When was the first time you went to Disney World?::

June 2000

3. When was the last time you went to Disney World?::

July 2010

4. When is the next time you will be in Disney World?::

June 2011

GETTING THERE

5. How do you usually get to Disney World?:

We always fly, however, one day we will begin the driving process, Just not this time. :)

6. What do you do to pass the time while getting there?::

I always take my IPod loaded with new music (if necessary) and new movies for me to have while we are in flight. In the past, I have also bought gossip magazines to read as well. However, I now have a NookColor so it will just be my IPod and Nook this time. All of this is because I am a scary flier (I know… I fly about twice a year and still get nervous, but because of my kids, I force myself to stay calm, because all they, (dh included, is sleep) LOL.

7. Do you have any particularly memorable or interesting experiences you can recall happening on your journey to Disney World?::

Long story (abbreviated). On our first cruise the weather held us up in DFW, so we stayed in the airport until the next morning to get the rescheduled flight. We got to MCO and almost missed our cruise. We got there so late that the porter came out and told us to go and leave the trunk open so he could get the bags. We were the last ones to check in. Again, long story.. will share that later.

LODGING

8. What is your favorite place you have stayed at and why? It does not have to be on property::

I have stayed in every level, but my favorite of all time, so far is Animal Kingdom Lodge – Kidani Village

9. What is your least favorite place you have stayed at and why? (It doesn't necessarily have to be a bad place, it's just that maybe out of all your list of favorites, this would be your least favorite):

I have several.. The Grosvenor(in dtd), The Best Western (in dtd) and Sarotoga Springs Resort. Stayed there on our first trip using points. It was nice, but just not for us.

MAGIC KINGDOM

10. What is your favorite attraction in the MK?

Mickey Philarmagic. I give it two thumbs up

11. What is your least favorite attraction in the MK?

Haunted Mansion. The hubby and kids love it, but I am not a fan.

12. Tell me a random memory you have involving the MK.

The first time my husband and I walked down Main Street, pre-kids back in 2000. I teared up because it was just awesome.

13. What is your favorite place to eat in the MK?

Crystal Palace, of course. Loves the buffet and Charters.

EPCOT

Test Track & Soarin

Honey I shrunk the audience 3D movie...

16. Tell me a random memory you have involving Epcot.

The first time my dd saw Illuminations: Reflections of Earth. I cried because it was so beautiful to her.

17. What is your favorite place to eat in Epcot?

Garden Grill in The Land. Everything is served family style with characters. The food was not the best but the revolving restaurant and characters made it nice.

Norway and France

HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS

19. What is your favorite attraction in HS?

Tower of Terror and Fantasmic

20. What is your least favorite attraction in HS?

Great Movie Ride

21. Tell me a random memory you have involving HS.

Riding Tower of Terror for the first time with my daughter. She thought it was so fun!!. It gave me a rush! Also, Light, Motor,Action!

22. What is your favorite place to eat in HS?

Hollywood & Vine

22a. What is your least favorite place to eat in HS?

Momma Melrose

23. Do you watch the Citizens of Hollywood?

No, but I have passed by it on the way somewhere else.

ANIMAL KINGDOM

24. What is your favorite attraction in the AK?

Expedition Everest!!!!!!!!! Its Tough to Be a Bug for the kids.

25. What is your least favorite attraction in the AK?

Chester & Hester DinoRama

26. Tell me a random memory you have involving the AK.

Walking in the park and the first thing we see is the Tree of Life. It is just amazing.

27. What is your favorite place to eat in the AK?

Pizzafari in Discovery Land

OTHER DISNEY PLACES

28. Which water parks have you been to and which one was your favorite?

To date, we have not gone to the water parks. It’s cheaper to stay at the hotel LOL. However, it is in the plan one day.

29. What was your favorite part about that water park?

NA

30. Have you been to Disney Quest?

Yes!!!

31. What was your favorite thing about Disney Quest?

The Virtual Rides and games

32. Have you been to the Wide World of Sports?

No, not yet. However my ds loves sports so far, so we are planning on it. My dd loves soccer!

33. What was your favorite thing about the Wide World of Sports?

N/A

EXTINCT DISNEY

34. What are some of your favorite attractions that are no longer around?

Will be Toon Town in January 2011 :( , Pleasure Island

35. Have you ever been to Discovery Island when it was still running?

NO

36. Have you ever been to River Country when it was still running?

No.

37. What was your favorite part about the now shut down Pleasure Island?

The atmosphere and the clubs, which we only went to one club (quickly) pre-kids.

38. What is your favorite extinct show/parade?

NA

RANDOMS

39. What is one thing you MUST do every time you go to Disney?

Eat and watch the expression on my kids faces. Those things are priceless.

40. What is one thing you MUST eat every time you go to Disney?

Definitely the Dole Whip and candy from the Goofy’s Candy Company in MK.

41. What is something you haven't done yet that you look forward to doing?

Witness the fireworks at MK from the California Grill Restaurant at the Contemporary.

42. What is something you have done and have no interest in doing again?

The Great Movie ride - Ditto

43. Who is your favorite Disney female?

Tiana. Before her was Ariel

44. Who is your favorite Disney male?

Sebastian the Crab from The Little Mermaid. Does he count?? LOL

45. Who is your favorite Disney villain?

Dr. Facilier

46. Your earliest Disney Park Memory:
Too many to count.

47. What other Disney Parks have you been to outside of Disney World?
Disney Land, CA this past May 2010. We had a blast, and plan on making another trip in the not-too-distant future!!

48. Have you ever had to explain your love for Disney to someone who just didn't "get" it?

Pick a family member LOL… Too many times, to count.

49. Blasphemous I know, but where is your favorite place to travel outside of Disney?

Disney Cruises & Disney Land :) I hope that the question was asking about Disney World specifically. LOL

50. Which Disney character reminds you of you?

I am thinking Mama Odie because I like to think that my advice is valuable – pretty much a know it all, maybe LOL

I followed the link to your trip report from your post in my trip report. I'm a teacher too! :goodvibes

I have a few comments on what you've posted so far.

Day 3 Tuesday Magic Kingdom
Breakfast CRT (Tink is so excited about eating in Cinderella's castle)
Lunch Tony's Town Square
Back to hotel for nap and to rest
Dinner Kona
then either back to MK OR Im thinking about adding one more day and going to Epcot for EMH. If I don't have a park hopper will they let me just use a day pass??

No, you can't "hop" to another park if you don't have a park hopper. Buying an extra day is much less expensive than buying park hopper, so it wouldn't make sense economically for Disney to let you do that. It is explained in post 15 of this thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1452684
Basically, the turnstiles know what day it is, and that you have already entered a park on that day, so they won't let you use a different day ticket to enter a new park later that same day.
You can always add a park hopper to your tickets at any time during your stay, so why not go without and only buy it (by going to guest relation I think) if you really need it?

Day 2 Monday Hollywood Studios(How are the crowds in HS Memorial day??)

Breakfast Hollywood and Vine
Lunch Sci-Fi Theater then back to room for a nap
Dinner ???? I dunno yet! I may grab a CS from Hollywood studios Any CS suggestions?
Hollywood studios for EMH

Day 5 Thursday Animal Kingdom
Breakfast ???
Lunch Tusker house... :surfweb:I read on here that if I get a ressie at a certain time I will get VIP seating to Finding Nemo. Thanks DIS
3:15 Finding Nemo
Enjoy the AK until close
I don't know where Dinner will be either Im thinking Yak and Yeti

CSR is supposed to have one of the best food court of all resorts, the Pepper Market. Why not eat there a few times, like dinner on your day 2, or breakfast on your day 5? Plus, HS is notorious for bad CS, so you're probably way better off eating at your resort.

As for AK, I haven't tried Yak & Yeti yet (will next time), but last time we loved Flame Tree BBQ (especially DH and his daughter). Plus, they have a great seating area down by the water, with a view of Expedition Everest.

Day 6
Check out :scared1:
Breakfast at Ohana'
Off to shop at the outlet!!! :woohoo:

We did breakfast at Ohana last time and loved it. :cloud9: Hope you guys enjoy it too!

Side note: I have made time for a nap/ downtime every day because when Tink gets tired she is EXTREMELY hyper. Only thing is knowing her she will fall a sleep on the way back to the hotel then she won't want to go back to sleep. Does anyone have any nap suggestions? Is it feesable to include a nap everyday? All comments and suggestions are being solicited!!

I don't have a young child, so we didn't do exactly that. However, we did find a way to break the day in two almost every day and I think it definitely helped in us enjoying our time more. As long as you get there for park opening (or even better a little before), you'll get to do a lot in the morning. By the time the afternoon rolls around, parks get very crowded and you won't be able to do much anyway. Might as well escape the crowd and the heat to take the time to enjoy your resort. :goodvibes

I love innovations... playing with all the new technology that was coming out. Do they still have that?

Yes they do. We had a great time exploring it during our last trip. :thumbsup2

Honey I shrunk the audience 3D movie... it was out of date!

I agree!!

Its a toss up between Norway ( I was into trolls BIG time) and Japan ( I loved the gymnasts) now that I think about it was that Japan or China??

That would be China.

hey, there! i'm trying to catch up. first off, congrats on being so committed to lose weight! YOU CAN DO IT!!! i lost about 30 pounds in 2007. my biggest tip for you is to drink water. i'm a southern girl and love my sweet tea but when i cut out that and diet sodas (yes, cut out diet soda!!!) the weight just fell off. of course i treat myself to some sweet tea every now and then but for the most part it's water. also another tip i can give you is a little formula i heard about it and it worked for me: YOUR GOAL WEIGHT X 12 = CALORIES PER DAY THAT YOU NEED TO EAT. i bought a little calorie book i kept in my purse and wrote down everything i ate and kept my calorie count under 1500 per day and i lost the weight! that along with drinking water and moderate exercise and it's a sure thing!

I did not do Park Hopper passes... yet! To hop or not to hop that is the question?? With a 5 year old, is park hopping really neccessary? Please tell me the pros and cons. So far Im thinking about just purchasing one extra day to catch an EMH.

to me the biggest advantage to a hopper is to take advantage of PM EMHs. for example, if MK is having EMH until midnight, the park is probably going to be VERY crowded up until the regular park hours end at 9:00. so i'd avoid that park until after that and then use the park hopper to go there until midnight. but having a 5yo, this may not even be applicable to you. oh, and i may be reading this wrong, but when you say you're thinking about purchasing one extra day to catch an EMH, do you mean that you're going to use that extra day to go to 2 different parks in one day? if so, i don't think that will work. my understanding is if you have a base ticket and not a park hopper, the ticket machines will reject your entry if you try to go to more than 1 park per day, no matter how many days you have on the ticket. does that make sense?

look forward to reading more! :goodvibes

okay, here are my thoughts. take 'em or leave 'em but i wanted to share! i do disney travel agent work so and i'm not saying i'm an expert by any means but i do have some experience with it! :)

(I am kind of nervous about Boma because I'm not sure if Tink will like the different flavors.) Has anyone else taken their 5 year old to Boma? How did they like it?

i haven't been there with a kid but i do know that all the buffets (including boma) have very typical kids buffet items (chicken tenders, mac & cheese, etc.) in case you have a picky eater!

Day 2 Monday Hollywood Studios(How are the crowds in HS Memorial day??)

not sure but i'm sure it would be better than MK or AK. HS and Epcot hold crowds better than the other two.

okay, as far as your dining goes, you have a lot of TSs (obviously -you wanna get your money's worth with the deluxe plan!) but i am worried you will be doing nothing but eating. usually a TS takes about 1.5 hours. and when you add in breaks, naps, and waiting in line for stuff, you're not going to be left with very much actual touring time. i have had clients do the deluxe plan and felt like they were eating ALL DAY LONG. not saying don't do it, but just something to think about.

if i were you i'd do maybe a TS for breakfast and a TS for dinner and just let lunch be a CS (if you need it at all). for example on your HS day on monday you have this:

Breakfast Hollywood and Vine
Lunch Sci-Fi Theater then back to room for a nap
Dinner ???? I dunno yet! I may grab a CS from Hollywood studios Any CS suggestions?
Hollywood studios for EMH

i would do breakfast at Hollywood & Vine and then dinner at sci-fi instead of lunch there. just fyi - i know at sci-fi they can fix lunch menu items at dinner - we always get burgers when we go there for dinner and they aren't on the dinner menu.

If I don't have a park hopper will they let me just use a day pass??

unfortunately not. stinks!!!

okay, that's all i see that i wanted to mention. i know how annoying it is to make your plans and then have to change them, so completely ignore me if you want to. but i wanted to tell you what i thought! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter