Tink’s first journey to the Mainland(Pooh’s journey2 be 50lbs lighter)PTR updated3/7

Shaniyah

Mouseketeer
I have been lurking on the DIS for a few months now so I guess its finally time to become a voice. After reading over 20 TR’s and PTR’s I have decided to write my own PTR. So welcome to Tink’s first journey to the Mainland (and Pooh’s journey to be 50lbs lighter) PTR!!! (I wrote this a LONG time ago Aprilish I think. I told you Ive been lurking for a while)

Let’s introduce our cast:
So far there will be me, Shan aka Pooh. I am a 30 year old slightly pooh sized mom. Currently I live in GA by way of western NY. I am a first grade teacher in the suburbs of Atlanta. I do crafts and graphic design in my spare time! My goal is to lose 50lbs by my trip next year. I’d like to wear a two piece at the pool next year and not offend anyone! I will be updating you guys on my progress. Hopefully some of you can join me. I need someone to encourage me and hold me accountable what do you say?? I haven’t been to Disney since 1998 so in a sense this is my first trip all over again. I have been trying to get someone to go to WDW with me but every time I mention it as a trip I get a side eye. Finding the DIS has helped me realize there are other Disney World addicts out there. I no longer have to hide my love for all things Disney! I feel so at home here thank you DIS!!! LOL!

38042_1441745815222_1580371644_1034375_2263826_n.jpg

DD5 she has the personality of a teenager. We will call her Tink! She loves all things Barbie (Hense the outfit, plus she thinks she is a rock star) and Tinkerbelle, she is very excited about our trip to Disney.

63529_1627488538674_1580371644_1428295_3991325_n.jpg

When: Tentatively we will be going to WDW May 29 - June 4, 2011. Where are we staying? Good question I dunno! Any suggestions?? Since the DIS has become my newest cyber addiction( even over Facebook!!) I have been reading all about the benefits of renting DVC points. If I gather up enough nerve to rent points from someone, I hope to rent some DVC points and stay at the AKV. I have read so many great things about this resort I reeeeeeaaaalllllyyyyy want to stay here. If I do not gain enough nerve to rent points my next dream resort is Port Orleans French Quarter. And worst case scenerio (its really not a worst case because Im going to be at Disney!! :whoohoo:) we will stay at one of the value resorts. One thing that is certain we WILL be staying on site!!!!

I am used to cruising and the whole inclusive vacationing thing, so I am definitely going to get a Dining plan. Right now I am leaning towards the deluxe dining plans just because I have more flexibility and options. But the regular dining plan may work for us too. I just don’t know but yet. We will decide soon.

Being the Disney addict that I am, I will be consumed with all things Disney for the next 13 months (like I said this is old). So if you guys have any suggestions or tips I am ALL ears! (No pun intended)

Table of Contents
I'm a punk!
Tentative Schedule

Wha' Do' Ya' Mean the System is Down??
Yes I had waaayyyy too much time on my hands!!!
I have to buy what???
TThe Day After Tomorrow
And then there was three
I have missed you so!
New New

Pooh's journey to be 50 lbs lighter! :wishfifty

48 pounds to go !!!!!
[URL="http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=39519373&postcount=63"]Yum Yum
[/URL]

Okay so my pictures won't show up! :confused3 Can someone help me Puhleeze!!! A report is not a report if is doesn't have pictures!!!

Okay I figured it out on my own! But can someone explain to me how I can link to my flickr pictures. TIA

Hello, my name is Shaniyah and I am a punk! Why am I calling myself a punk? Well that is because I did not have enough courage to rent DVC points. :headache: Maybe one day, I will gain the courage give my money to a compete stranger!

So for my updates:

Our official dates are May 29th - June 3rd at WDW then an extra day in Orlando to shop. The outlet malls down there are bananas :banana:

Where will we be staying?? Wait for it... Wait for it...

We will be staying at CSR (I saw KatMark's thread and fell in love) with Free Dining! Oh yeah! I decided to upgrade to the Deluxe Dining for the flexibility, I like appetizers and I want to do a few dinner shows. I did not do Park Hopper passes... yet! To hop or not to hop that is the question?? With a 5 year old, is park hopping really neccessary? Please tell me the pros and cons. So far Im thinking about just purchasing one extra day to catch an EMH.

Up next my tentative schedule!

So far so good :thumbsup2. I cant wait to see what else you have in store. I can definitely relate.

I am willing to go on this journey with you, as I need to lose so many (XX) pounds myself. :rotfl2::rotfl2: (I too am Pooh sized a bit as well) We leave on the 14th of June for our WDW, DCL vacation, so for me to get slimmed down would be great.

As far as renting the DVC points, I have had a really great experience and one that was not so good, but I did not lose any money (Thankfully). I decided to finally join DVC after the slight not-so-well experience that last time.

Please let me know if you need anything, or have any questions, I will be happy to answer. I have made a numerous amount of trips to the world (A slight addiction) :rotfl2:

Thanks to MadiMouse for letting me know you were here :lovestruc

Where will we be staying?? Wait for it... Wait for it...

We will be staying at CSR (I saw KatMark's thread and fell in love) with Free Dining! Oh yeah!

By the way, my husband and I stayed at the CSR this past October. It was our 11th anniversary trip without the little ones. We liked it ok. The only negative was that they placed us in an area near the pool (which was awesome) but there was no cell service. It would not get any service at all. Dont get me wrong, it was nice, but I was a tiny bit panicked because what if they called about the kids :confused3:rotfl: Which just defeated the purpose of being alone, I know.

Overall, it is a really pretty resort. :goodvibes. I will post some pics.

Shan,

You owe me girl! My buddies just came through for you!!!!!!:cool1:

I say rent the points! Follow the guidelines and you can look the renters up to make sure they are legitimate owners, check references, etc. We had a great experience in July. We stayed at AKV- Jambo House! We are here to help girl!!! :thumbsup2

Hi Shan! I am here and ready to read about your trip!
Your DD is just adorable!

Yayy! I have readers! Thanks Madi Mouse.. :thumbsup2

Joining in!
I followed the FB link here :goodvibes

Thanks for joining in!

So far so good :thumbsup2. I cant wait to see what else you have in store. I can definitely relate.

I am willing to go on this journey with you, as I need to lose so many (XX) pounds myself. :rotfl2::rotfl2: (I too am Pooh sized a bit as well) We leave on the 14th of June for our WDW, DCL vacation, so for me to get slimmed down would be great.
Yaaayy someone else to take the weight loss journey with me! My biggest problem is I know what to do, I just don't stay consistent.

I see a few more people have looked at my PTR. Don't be a Lurky Lou like I was leave a comment I won't bite!

Hi Again,
Here are some pics from our trip in October.
This is the outside of where we were staying.
DSC01070.jpg

DSC01068.jpg

DSC01069.jpg

This is our room number
DSC01061.jpg

Some shots of the inside of the room (more are on my iPhone)
DSC01040.jpg

DSC01039.jpg

DSC01038.jpg

DSC01036.jpg

Shots from the outside at night. As you can see we had a good view from our room.
DSC01059.jpg

DSC01058.jpg

DSC01057.jpg

Hopefully this helps a bit. But there are so many others with better pics on here. I have others on my cell phone, but for some reason, I can’t figure out how to get them on here LOL :laughing:

Not sure how to get the pics a bit smaller, but for now :)

Yaaayy someone else to take the weight loss journey with me! My biggest problem is I know what to do, I just don't stay consistent. [/QUOTE]

I feel you.. I am doing weight watchers and it is ok about 6 lbs down, but I am like you, just not consistent. I am gonna get there now, since there is someone else to do it with. :thumbsup2

Hi Again,
Here are some pics from our trip in October.

Hopefully this helps a bit. But there are so many others with better pics on here. I have others on my cell phone, but for some reason, I can’t figure out how to get them on here LOL :laughing:

Not sure how to get the pics a bit smaller, but for now :)

Yes They have helped. I love your pictures. I am getting soooo excited!! :cool1:

I have been all things Disney for the past year. My Disney Addiction is almost as bad as my addiction to decor. (I love creating event and wedding decor that is the crafty side of me) I will show you some of my work in a later post. Anywho... below is my my tentative schedule and meal plans. My 180 day mark has come and gone I will post that story later as well. Please let me know how my schedule looks. Is it realistic? Right now it is in Skeleton Form

Day 1 Sunday
Leave GA 6am I have decided to drive down because it is cheaper. Plus I hear it is about 7 hours from the Atlanta area. Not so bad!
Arrive Check-in go to DTD to hang out
Back to Hotel for nap
Boma (I am kind of nervous about Boma because I'm not sure if Tink will like the different flavors.) Has anyone else taken their 5 year old to Boma? How did they like it?
Then to MK for EMH

Day 2 Monday Hollywood Studios(How are the crowds in HS Memorial day??)

Breakfast Hollywood and Vine
Lunch Sci-Fi Theater then back to room for a nap
Dinner ???? I dunno yet! I may grab a CS from Hollywood studios Any CS suggestions?
Hollywood studios for EMH

Day 3 Tuesday Magic Kingdom
Breakfast CRT (Tink is so excited about eating in Cinderella's castle)
Lunch Tony's Town Square
Back to hotel for nap and to rest
Dinner Kona
then either back to MK OR Im thinking about adding one more day and going to Epcot for EMH. If I don't have a park hopper will they let me just use a day pass??

Day 4 Wednesday Epcot
Breakfast Chef Mickey's
Lunch Coral Reef (Side note: I have wanted to eat at this restaurant ever since I saw the show Full House as a kid. Does anyone remember the episode that Danny Tanner was going to propose to his GF and they ate at Corall Reef??)
Back to hotel for a nap
Dinner somewhere in the world showcase I m leaning towards Teppan Edo or San Angel

Day 5 Thursday Animal Kingdom
Breakfast ???
Lunch Tusker house... :surfweb:I read on here that if I get a ressie at a certain time I will get VIP seating to Finding Nemo. Thanks DIS
3:15 Finding Nemo
Enjoy the AK until close
I don't know where Dinner will be either Im thinking Yak and Yeti

Day 6
Check out :scared1:
Breakfast at Ohana'
Off to shop at the outlet!!! :woohoo:

Side note: I have made time for a nap/ downtime every day because when Tink gets tired she is EXTREMELY hyper. Only thing is knowing her she will fall a sleep on the way back to the hotel then she won't want to go back to sleep. Does anyone have any nap suggestions? Is it feesable to include a nap everyday? All comments and suggestions are being solicited!!

Up Next... What do you mean the system is down?? My 180 day mark.

A 7 hour drive isn't so bad at all. I WISH we lived that close.
Great ADR choices.
I've never been to the outlets in Florida. Now, I have to do some research. I may need to add that to my must-do list.

Shan,

Girl, the drive is about 6 hours. Seriously! It just depends on how many times you stop. We grab b'fast before leaving (eat in car) and stop once or twice to fill up/bathroom breaks. Even with the little ones this is okay. I bring plenty of snacks and juice/water/soda. Can I make a suggestion friend? Lol. Look into flights b/c you may be able to find some great deals. Keep driving as a backup. ;)

There is a kiddie section at Boma's where you can get mac-n-cheese, chicken fingers, fruit and salad bar. That's where I ate when I dined there. LOL. I'm picky. ;)

Yes, do naps, please!!!! We were always at the parks for rope drop and would be out of there by noon. We would have lunch, swim or nap. In July, we did rope drop for MK, left by noon, had lunch, went swimming, took a long nap and got back to MK for EMH at 11pm and stayed till 3 am. YES, WE DID! LOL. My babies enjoyed that time and we walked onto every ride/attraction. Of course we slept in the next day!

I'm so happy my friend is on DIS boards!!!! Yay! By the way, I love the outlets. When I lived in Tampa I would always drive over just for outlet days-shopping!!!

Hi Shan, I'm joining in on your adventure!

Your plans sounds really great. I also have not been back to Disney since 1999.
I understand what you mean when you say it's like going for the first time. My family always drove from Chicago and would stop in Merrietta, Georgia over night. We would leave at around 5 am and get to Disney around 3pm-ish. Don't forget to stop at the Florida Welcome Center for free OJ.

I also understand about the obsession with the DIS. It's so addictive. Reading TRs and PTRs is my new favorite past time. popcorn:: The people here are so awesome and very, very helpful. I've learned some many great things.

I had to laugh when you mentioned the Disney Episode of Full House. That is one of my favorites.

Naps are also good. I remember from when I was little if you don't take time during the day to rest, you'll burn out before you know it.

Can't wait to hear more about your trip.

Hi, Shan!!! I had no idea you were Cas' friend when you first posted on my TR/PTR! :laughing: I am here for all the fun on your PTR! Our dates are almost exactly the same, and we are staying at CSR, too, for Free Dining! :thumbsup2

If you are on the southside of Atlanta, you will make it down there in about six hours. We are an hour north, and it takes us about seven to seven and a half hours depending on how many times Charles has to stop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter