Timing of Mickey's Backyard BBQ

emskuz1129

Earning My Ears
Can you make it back to MK in time for the Electric Parade after attending the bbq? I don't want to leave early, but it looks like it ends at 8pm--was wondering from anyone that has gone if it really takes as long to get out of there and back to MK as some say it does.

Can you make it back to MK in time for the Electric Parade after attending the bbq? I don't want to leave early, but it looks like it ends at 8pm--was wondering from anyone that has gone if it really takes as long to get out of there and back to MK as some say it does.
Seeing as nobody's answered this yet,

For a 6:30 dinner, people usually leave the BBQ anywhere between 8-8:30, which is more than enough time to stuff yourself silly and for the kids to enjoy themselves. This is when most people leave, and the boat lines can get long.
You'll want to take the boat to have any chance of making the parade.
The parade usually starts at 9, but it can differ depending on when you go.
Give the boat ride 30 minutes.
The hit or miss part is if you can get onto the boat right away or if you have to wait in a long line for a boat that's not even there yet.
If you leave at 8:00 and can get onto the boat right away, you can be at the MK before the parade starts.
If you have to wait for the boat in a long line, you'll probably arrive in the MK while the parade has already started.
In both cases, however, finding a good spot for viewing is be VERY difficult.

I don't know when you are going, but in November and December, the BBQ dinner starts at 5:30. If that's the case, then you don't have anything to worry about.

Thank you for the reply. Our dinner is in November and it's at 5:30. I was thinking of maybe even doing a fast pass for the parade...in the off chance we r running right on time, then at least we will have a good spot---good idea?

Thank you for the reply. Our dinner is in November and it's at 5:30. I was thinking of maybe even doing a fast pass for the parade...in the off chance we r running right on time, then at least we will have a good spot---good idea?

Maybe yes, maybe no. If you are among the last to arrive, you may not have a great view.

What I do is prioritze what parades and fireworks we want as well as what meals we have planned. Right now we have the afternoon parade as the "if we are there we will see it" category. SOmewhere along the line, you have to decide how much rushing you are willing to do, and what you want to compromise in order to get it all in.

In your case, if I was planning the itinerary, MSEP would be the one that I placed in the "if we get there" category. You are planning a relatively expensive dinner and if in the back of your mind you are timing your exit, you have already compromised your fun. I like this parade but not enough to rush out of a meal that my family was enjoying, or to get anxious because the line for the boat seems to be at a standstill.

FYI- this event is first come first seated. There is no reserved tables. Allow yourselves plenty of lead time because foks tend to arrive early to enure they have the spot they really want near the center of the pavilion.

The truth is that you cannot do it all in a trip. We know this so we have "bonus" events that if it works out we will see, but if not? Oh well. For us, that afternoon parade takes place at 3PM, but you have to stake your space early if you even want to try for shade, and ensure the little ones can see. AUgust is like the surface of the sun hot, and I Have a few in my group who really cannot stand that intense heat. AS much as we enjoy parades, this one will be the one we see only if we are in the right place at the right time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter