• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Timing for ticket purchases?

Laz

DIS Veteran
I already have a room reserved for the week after Thanksgiving. Given the current situation, I am looking for advice as to when to buy park tickets? Thanks for the help.

I already have a room reserved for the week after Thanksgiving. Given the current situation, I am looking for advice as to when to buy park tickets? Thanks for the help.
Staying on property? You’ll want your tickets for the 60 day window to reserve fps. 30 days if staying off property.

I think there is very little risk of a price increase. So wait until right before your FP window. And if you buy from a 3rd party like Undercover Tourist, give yourself 2-3 extra days.

If you want "assurances," you can call and re-book the room as a "package" with your tickets included.
That way, if you need to cancel (within 30 days of your planned date,) your ticket costs will be refunded in full.

If you want "assurances," you can call and re-book the room as a "package" with your tickets included.
That way, if you need to cancel (within 30 days of your planned date,) your ticket costs will be refunded in full.

This was highly recommended to me by the CM when I was booking a trip a few years ago and for some reason was attempting to book rm + tix separately. I had no idea at the time tickets were nonrefundable unless part of a package. We always book that way now.

I have rented DVC points and am staying at Bay Lake Tower. Can I still make it a package or tie it in some how?

I have rented DVC points and am staying at Bay Lake Tower. Can I still make it a package or tie it in some how?
No, not with a rental. You'll have to buy separate tickets. I would recommend waiting until much closer to your 60-day FP+ date to buy tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter