Timeshares in SC

hayesdvc

DIS Veteran
Can someone recommend a resale agency where their forte is South Carolina timeshare properties ?

Can someone recommend a resale agency where their forte is South Carolina timeshare properties ?
I wouldn't approach it that way. I'd decide what timeshare or system you want to pursue then look for the right option rather than locking in to a given company. What/where are you trying to accomplish?

We love the area the Disney resort is in (Shelter Cove), however, thought there may be a more economical option.

Thanks

We stayed at DHHIR three times before we decided that we liked Hilton Head enough to look for a less expensive option as well. We ended up finding a two bedroom fixed week 26 (July 4th week most years) at a very small independent resort managed by VRI. It's in the Coligny area and it's less than a half mile from the beach from door to sand. It's very close to lots of shopping and walking distance to a grocery store and lots of shopping and dining. It has a pool and access to a gym, indoor pool, hot tub, and tennis. Is it Disney? No, but we had a wonderful time there last week and the MF are only $550/year. We found the unit on the TUG Bargain Basement and acquired it for $10, seller paid all transfer fees and closing costs.

We love the area the Disney resort is in (Shelter Cove), however, thought there may be a more economical option.

Thanks
For HHI, there are a lot of options but not as many good ones as some other areas. The top resorts are the 3 newer Marriott's and the new Hilton. The Hilton goes for $75K for a week OF during Platinum (summer) time. So the other questions would be time of year and villa size. For summer and assuming a 2 or 3 BR, I would go for other options than DVC. For smaller villas, I'd likely just go with DVC. If you like the Shelter Cove area, you might look at the Marriott's there, Harbour Pointe and Sunset Pointe or even a Fractional such as Harbourside.

Hilton Head is an interesting market. There are a lot of 3 and 4 bedroom villas available for relatively inexpensive nightly rental (depending on how in-season you are looking to go). THis is because there are a lot of golf foursomes going to play the courses, and the golfers want their own bed and their own bedroom. There are also plenty of homes for rent, many with pools. There are a lot of options that can be rented for less than the MF on a timeshare. There are good options for golfers, tennis players, cyclists, hikers, kayakers, and beach goers.

There are also timeshares in the Myrtle Beach/Wilmington area. These areas are overbuilt, so again, you can get great deals without being an owner.

Charleston and Wild Dunes is a great area, but I am less familiar with the market there.

Hilton Head is an interesting market. There are a lot of 3 and 4 bedroom villas available for relatively inexpensive nightly rental (depending on how in-season you are looking to go). THis is because there are a lot of golf foursomes going to play the courses, and the golfers want their own bed and their own bedroom. There are also plenty of homes for rent, many with pools. There are a lot of options that can be rented for less than the MF on a timeshare. There are good options for golfers, tennis players, cyclists, hikers, kayakers, and beach goers.

There are also timeshares in the Myrtle Beach/Wilmington area. These areas are overbuilt, so again, you can get great deals without being an owner.

Charleston and Wild Dunes is a great area, but I am less familiar with the market there.
Charleston has 3 timeshares, 2 Bluegreen and one Festiva. One of the BG resorts is very new. The thing about HHI is it's very seasonal. The demand for summer is strong, in the words of the management company last week for our condo there, "we don't offer discounts for summer because we don't have to". Most of the timeshares there are 2 or 3 BR only and non lockoff. For non summer, I wouldn't own there. Another thing that HHI has that is less common in other places are fractionals which can be a great deal for the right situation.

We enjoy Waterside by Spinnaker. Their three bedrooms are huge with three full bathrooms. They are not super fancy like Marriott but are still very nice and very clean. Their owners get day use which is great if you live close. We like being able to walk to the beach, grocery store, shops, and restaurants when we stay at Waterside.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter