Timeshare Store

james190370

Earning My Ears
My wife and I are considering buying through the timeshare store. However, we have a couple of questions that I am sure can be answered by you knowledgable folks. Firstly, we are looking to buy 250 points at SSR as we would look to fly over for two weeks every August. I am assuming that we are buying the balance of a contract, how do we find out how much time is left on any contract we purchase. Also I read on another thread that if we purchase through a reseller then the maintainence fees are much higher. Is this true and if so how much are they?

I believe all the SSR contracts have the same end date so that won't be an issue.

Everybody pays the same maintenance fees. It doesn't matter how/where you bought your points.

All SSR contracts end in 2054. And everyone who owns SSR pays the same maintenance dues.

One thing to keep in mind is that you should buy where you want to stay. In other words, don't buy SSR if you really want to stay at Beach Club Villas or Bay Lake Towers. It can be hard (or impossible) in some cases to book outside your home resort, depending on when you want to go.

The folks at the TSS (and other large resellers) are all reputable in my opinion and should be able to also answer questions like this... but if you want an independant opinion, these boards are a great place to get them.

Can I add that we're in the UK too and the Timeshare Store was GREAT to work with as an overseas buyer! I'd highly recommend them. We worked with Jerry and both he and Nancy (the person we wired the money to) made the process so easy. As a side note, if you do purchase and wire money over there, shop around for the fees! Our bank was going to charge me a fortune for an international wire and I used a reputable online company instead.

All SSR contracts end in 2054. And everyone who owns SSR pays the same maintenance dues.

One thing to keep in mind is that you should buy where you want to stay. In other words, don't buy SSR if you really want to stay at Beach Club Villas or Bay Lake Towers. It can be hard (or impossible) in some cases to book outside your home resort, depending on when you want to go.[/QUOT

My first trip was to BLT, this past April, using SSR points and I had no trouble getting a reservation. I did book right at my 7 month window and it was a two bedroom villa with a better view (lake view) than I really wanted. I think you can get a room where you want when booking 7 months out! It just may not be the exact room you want, so be prepared to use extra points!!

My first trip was to BLT, this past April, using SSR points and I had no trouble getting a reservation. I did book right at my 7 month window and it was a two bedroom villa with a better view (lake view) than I really wanted. I think you can get a room where you want when booking 7 months out! It just may not be the exact room you want, so be prepared to use extra points!!

Just as an FYI for the future, it can be very, very difficult to secure standard view at BLT without owning there. You might want to budget for lake view when you want to stay there, a larger percentage of the building is lake view.

Maybe 7 months out ALWAYS in August may work, but I agree, don't count on it...buy where you WANT to stay!

Can I add that we're in the UK too and the Timeshare Store was GREAT to work with as an overseas buyer! I'd highly recommend them. We worked with Jerry and both he and Nancy (the person we wired the money to) made the process so easy. As a side note, if you do purchase and wire money over there, shop around for the fees! Our bank was going to charge me a fortune for an international wire and I used a reputable online company instead.

I would have to agree with this. I found some brokers weren't keen on dealing with a UK buyer but TTSS were brilliant. I dealt with Scot and it was all very quick and easy. I also used an online transfer compnay who were certainly a lot cheaper than my bank and were very speedy.

I purchased thru them and it was a great experience. Since I owned a timeshare before this how I went about it. I bought 150 points since I can buy more. As far as I know you cannot sell points outright to decrease what you own. Second I bought a DVC that cost the cheapest per point which was OKW. Some say buy where you want to stay. I say find the cheapest. I have never stayed at my resort and have never had a problem staying anywhere else. I have stayed at BLT, BCV, BWV, AKL and SSR. Make sure you like SSR as many I talk to and I have found myself it's a big resort. To big in my opinion to get around. Anyway that's my 2 cents.

The only thing I would add is that if you really want to stay at SSR every year then do remember that us Brits have been offered some pretty great deals staying at SSR on a package. These aren't guaranteed to go on for years but they may well be around for another year or two and you wouldn't be paying your MF etc and could wait for a better exchange rate to make your purchases.

We saved our DVC points for this year and have decided to stay at SSR on a package deal this year in October (when we usually travel) as the whole package including Ultimate park tickets, studio at SSR, DDP, $300 gift card, car with full insurance and direct flights with Virgin came in at £3000 for 3 adults. This was less than the flights and park tickets alone if we had stayed with our DVC!

Hi we have just closed on 250 points at SSR and dealt with Jason at the timeshare store we are from UK and knew nothing about resale they helped us and it took only about 6 weeks from making offer to closing and we offered below asking price they were awesome . :cool1: also maint fees are the same for everyone there about £750 per year we have stayed in all types of acomadation in Disney and once you go delux it spoils you wish I'd known about resale earlier as we looked in to it two times previously through Disney but to costly and resale was less than half cost of direct we do not want cruise or other benefits you get going direct it was right for us . Also all contracts run till 2054 at SSR

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter