• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Timeshare Resales

Jeff1805

Earning My Ears
So I found some OKW points that I pursued with Timeshare Resales USA. They stated my contract was submitted for ROFR. It has been about 3 weeks. I tried calling DVC to confirm receipt on their end and a (rude and short spoken) women stated she had no access to that information. She also felt the need to comment on how this is the risk I took when I dealt with a 3rd party. Thinking this woman needs to go back to the institute for retraining.

My question is has anyone dealt with Timeshare Resales USA before? Just getting a little nervous at this point.

I have no experience with this broker and I am by no means a resale expert but since no one has responded yet... Disney has 30 days for ROFR so you have another week or so to sweat it out. Good luck.

There is no way you would be able to find out any information regarding the status of a resale by calling DVC directly - whether you are a member already or not. As noted, DVC has 30 days to act on submitted resale offers and has been taking most of that time recently. Once ROFR has passed, there will still be a delay until closing and then additional time before your information will be in the computer and points available to make a reservation. Over the past few years, DVC has taken a less-than-friendly stance regarding resales and has actively reduced the benefits to those owning resale contracts and made it a little more time consuming before the membership may be used after purchase. However, once your contract and points are in the system, you will be treated the same as any other member (whether that is good or bad) when using your membership subject to current use policies.

As for the broker themselves, they are not one often mentioned on this site and may not deal with a lot of DVC contracts but everything may still be fine.

They have apparently had problems with scammers using their company name and have posted a warning about this on their site - http://www.timeshareresalesusa.com/important-consumer-warning.html - hopefully you have been dealing with the company themselves.

Good luck! :)

How about Timeshare Resale Closing Services? They are handling the closing. Anyone heard of or used them?

How about Timeshare Resale Closing Services? They are handling the closing. Anyone heard of or used them?

I've seen deeds that they've handled. At minimum, they are the closing agents for Sellingtimeshares.net, which appears to be basically one guy: Seth Nock. He buys and sells DVC and other timeshares; his listings on the OC website are many. They seem competent enough judging from the deeds. I've seen some deeds that were recorded by companies outside Florida that were...less good.

Jeff1805 said:

I've used them for a Marriott by a very reputable broker. Judi Kolowzski from remax. I believe they have a website where you can check status of closing. Everything went smoothly

Just got word today wdw waived their rofr - yay! Took exactly 30 days. Now let's see how long it takes to get into the wdw system so I can make a reservation.

I've seen deeds that they've handled. At minimum, they are the closing agents for Sellingtimeshares.net, which appears to be basically one guy: Seth Nock. He buys and sells DVC and other timeshares; his listings on the OC website are many. They seem competent enough judging from the deeds. I've seen some deeds that were recorded by companies outside Florida that were...less good.

So that's why Seth Nock is all over the place on the OC website! Good to know.

Does he actually buy and then resell DVC (as in a DVC flipper,) or is he the middleman/broker between 2 private parties like the big 3 resellers?

Does he actually buy and then resell DVC (as in a DVC flipper,) or is he the middleman/broker between 2 private parties like the big 3 resellers?

He may broker as well, but he definitely buys and sells a lot of contracts. A lot of contracts. He's not the only one who buys and sells DVC a bunch, but he might well be the most active. Not that there's anything wrong with that. :)

Yesterday I received my letter from DVC giving me my membership number. I have since created my profile and made a reservation.

Timeshare Resales USA was legitimate, as was Timeshare Resales Closing Services. However, the communication from TRU was less than stellar and TRCS was just slightly better. But the bottom line was that they delivered what was promised in the end. We are officially DVC members. Woo-hoo!

Congrats. I have executed contracts with three of the larger DVC brokers and could leave similar feedback on each of them. Glad you made it through, enjoy your points.

I thought I recognized the name Seth Nock. He is listed as the seller on a resale contract I bought about 5 years ago. I think it is reassuring that he has been around a while.

Yesterday I received my letter from DVC giving me my membership number. I have since created my profile and made a reservation.

Timeshare Resales USA was legitimate, as was Timeshare Resales Closing Services. However, the communication from TRU was less than stellar and TRCS was just slightly better. But the bottom line was that they delivered what was promised in the end. We are officially DVC members. Woo-hoo!

:welcome: Home

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter