Timeshare rental at Cypress Pointe

I Havnt rented from Mike Green but we did win an ebay bid a few years ago for a 1 bed at cypress pointe for around 250$ (for a week) which turned out just fine, once i had paid via paypal i waited a few days and then phoned diamond and checked our reservation was in their system, everything was great and we have stayed there about 4 times more although in a 2 bed as there is so much more space, Good luck

Hi,
I'm new to Disboards but I also have been in contact with Mike Reed regarding a rental at Cypress Pointe. He offered me $550 and I had not had a chance to respond and within 48 hours I received another offer for $490. I would be interested to know how anyone else's dealing with him go.

Thanks

I don't see from OP's post that it is for a 2 bedroom. If this is for a one bedroom or even studio (which I think the resort has), the price is not way off.
I have seen these prices.. I just recently won a 2bedroom 7 night stay on Ebay for only $400. That works out less than OP's price. The person who was posting the bid had 100% feedback, so yeah, deals are found here.

HI, I am the OP and I actually did rent through Mike Reed for 11 nights from March 8th to 19th,2010. We had a 3 bdrm at Cypress Pointe Resort. Loved it! He was wonderful to deal with, and had absolutely no problems at all! I wouldn't hesitate to rent from him again. My total was $765 for 11 nights in a 3 bdrm for Cdn March Break and the week before that! Any other questions please feel free to ask!

HI, I am the OP and I actually did rent through Mike Reed for 11 nights from March 8th to 19th,2010. We had a 3 bdrm at Cypress Pointe Resort. Loved it! He was wonderful to deal with, and had absolutely no problems at all! I wouldn't hesitate to rent from him again. My total was $765 for 11 nights in a 3 bdrm for Cdn March Break and the week before that! Any other questions please feel free to ask!

I am glad you updated this thread... thanks... your price was fantastic.

I will also add, we did Bonnet Creek the year before, and we loved it!!!!! Loved the resort amenities and the rooms themselves. I was very worried that Cypress Pointe wasn't going to be comparable,which as far as resort qualities it is not, but I actually enjoyed Cypress Pointe better then Bonnet Creek! Not saying I wouldn't do Bonnet Creek again, I would in a heartbeat. We only went to Disney 1 day on this vacation, the rest was Discovery Cove, Sea world and Aquatica! The location of CPR for these places can't be beat. Restaurants are all so close. We walked to Chili's twice for supper while there. We also made stops frequently at Walgreen's which is right accross the street! It is a smaller resort, so the walk to all 3 pools was very short, and we visited them daily! Mike was wonderful to deal with!

Big issue if matter to you

Service as in bad or good and at which resort? Just curious as to what you are meaning? I didn't find service at eithier resort terrible. We did have some concerns at Cypress Pointe, that weren't dealt with right away, and I had to call back a 2nd time to have them deal with it! But all in all, they were dealt with in a timely matter! I can't remember anything being terrible at BC eithier!

thanks for your report on Cypress. I have stayed at BC before but never CPR. This year I will be doing both... I loved BC... I didn't do many of the parks since I was recovering from surgery. So laying around their lazy river all day was fine with me ;) My family did Universal almost every day (7 nights), while I went only 2 or 3 times if that

I've rented three bedrooms at Cypress Point and Cypress Point villas three different times from a timeshare owner -- We love the resort -- so much space and a great location. I've usually done rentals from Redweek.com and TUG2.net. My best price was for $800 (spring break week) and my highest price was $1000 (This was Christmas week), so that really does sound like a good deal if all is legit. Mine were all cash (check) deals 1/2 payment at booking the other 1/2 30 days before. There were no cancelation provisions either. That's how most of the owner rentals I've done are. I always check with the resort to make sure there is a unit for the right week in my name and have had great luck so far. I've usually talked to the person, sent they 1/2, they get the unit in my name, I check that, 30 days out I send the balance, and before leaving I check to see that there is still a unit in my name waiting for me.

I've rented three bedrooms at Cypress Point and Cypress Point villas three different times from a timeshare owner -- We love the resort -- so much space and a great location. I've usually done rentals from Redweek.com and TUG2.net. My best price was for $800 (spring break week) and my highest price was $1000 (This was Christmas week), so that really does sound like a good deal if all is legit. Mine were all cash (check) deals 1/2 payment at booking the other 1/2 30 days before. There were no cancelation provisions either. That's how most of the owner rentals I've done are. I always check with the resort to make sure there is a unit for the right week in my name and have had great luck so far. I've usually talked to the person, sent they 1/2, they get the unit in my name, I check that, 30 days out I send the balance, and before leaving I check to see that there is still a unit in my name waiting for me.

My rental was totally legit. I had no problems at all, and was very skeptical about the whole thing!I did the exact same thing payment wise, and phone call wise as the pp! It worked out well! Part of the reason it was so cheap, was when I originally talked to Mike, looking for a price, I told him my dates weren't nailed down, It was going to be between March 8th to the 19th. But totally depended on flights, which I couldn't book! Why I was skeptical, we talked once, and then I got an email back from again, saying he had booked a ressie in my name, for the dates 8th through 19th, and if that changed a day eithier way he would just leave it, and I would have to call the resort and let them know. He only charged me for 9 nights out of the 11 he booked. I ended up booking flight on the 9th coming back on the 18th, so I was only going to be there 9 nights. I ended upi having Airtran change my flight times and I was able to change them without paying a fee, so ended up staying the 11 nights for $765 all taxes and fees! Now you can see why I was so skeptical! But it all worked out well.

Hi, I'm staying at CPR in August using my parents DRI points - just to confirm that if I can't go for whatever reason and my parents can fill the place then they will lose their points - this is why no cancellations are accepted. Have to admit, never considered that the stay could be sold to people on Ebay!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter