Timeshare-Myrtle Beach

kandb

DIS Veteran
I signed up for timeshare presentation:eek: at Myrtle Beach last night. We belong to Hilton point club (?) and I called last night and they are giving me 2 nights for $199 at the Anderson resort, with $100/night for extra days. The resor looks beautiful, right on the beach. They also are giving me a $200 gift rebate card for 1 night at any hilton and also 15,000 hilton points (which she said is good for 2 nights at an Embassy suites, hilton garden, hampton or homewood suite hotels). We always wanted to visit Myrtle Beach but we have to drive from northern NJ. Has anyone ever gone on a Hilton timeshare presentation? It's for 2 hours. I hope it's not too high pressure. I already know the excuse I am going to use for declining buying a timeshare in Myrtle Beach (12 hour ride with kids in car:thumbsup2).

We are staying there in two weeks using our HGVC club points. I find a lot of the Hilton presentations pushy but worth it for a cheap extra vacation. I hope it will be nice.

Of course they will be pushy. Just hold firm if you are not interested.

The Anderson is a beautiful hotel. My SIL stayed there once while we stayed down the road at the Breakers. The rooms are nicely decorated and had a washer/ dryer which is so nice to have at the beach.

Enjoy your trip.

The Hilton Vacation Club property there is nice. I went to a presentation there last May and they put me at the Hilton at Plantation something about 15 minutes away. The hotel was old and smelled.

The sales people were very pushy and when I left they would not return my drivers license. They finally mailed it to me and the certificate to stay a night only at Hilton.

I own and DVC and do plan to buy into Hilton, but I will buy resale.

nbrmommy2005 said:
The Hilton Vacation Club property there is nice. I went to a presentation there last May and they put me at the Hilton at Plantation something about 15 minutes away. The hotel was old and smelled.

The sales people were very pushy and when I left they would not return my drivers license. They finally mailed it to me and the certificate to stay a night only at Hilton.

And you're still going to buy into Hilton after that!?

Last week, I called to cancel an upcoming reservation at a Hilton and was given this same exact offer. I declined. If I am going to drive 10-12 hours each way, I want to stay more than 2 nights. They wanted the money upfront without knowing what dates/hotels were available. I asked if I could ask my husband and call them back later that day, but they said they can't accept incoming calls. I asked them if they could call me back later and they said they can't make outgoing calls, either! I decided.

We are staying there in two weeks using our HGVC club points. I find a lot of the Hilton presentations pushy but worth it for a cheap extra vacation. I hope it will be nice.

Will you come back and report on your vacation? I'm thinking of a trip to MB in late August. DH has a zillion HH points, not sure that I can use those for for an HGVC property, but it's something we may want to check out.

The Hilton Vacation Club property there is nice.

Is the Anderson different/separat from HGVC? Are they two different properties?

The timeshare lady also told me I could add on extra nights for $100/night. I hope she was right.

:cool1:
I signed up for timeshare presentation:eek: at Myrtle Beach last night. We belong to Hilton point club (?) and I called last night and they are giving me 2 nights for $199 at the Anderson resort, with $100/night for extra days. The resor looks beautiful, right on the beach. They also are giving me a $200 gift rebate card for 1 night at any hilton and also 15,000 hilton points (which she said is good for 2 nights at an Embassy suites, hilton garden, hampton or homewood suite hotels). We always wanted to visit Myrtle Beach but we have to drive from northern NJ. Has anyone ever gone on a Hilton timeshare presentation? It's for 2 hours. I hope it's not too high pressure. I already know the excuse I am going to use for declining buying a timeshare in Myrtle Beach (12 hour ride with kids in car:thumbsup2).

15,000 Hilton points will in no way buy you two nights at an Embassey Suites or any other Hilton property. One night will run you 25,000 points, at least.

Are you kidding, they kept your driver's license? I think I would calling the police at that point.

15,000 Hilton points will in no way buy you two nights at an Embassey Suites or any other Hilton property. One night will run you 25,000 points, at least.

Correct. That was a flat-out LIE. Especially since Hilton just changed their point reimbursement chart for hotel stays.

I'm Platinum Marriott and Gold Hilton, and I get WAYYY more milage, so to speak, with my Marriott points versus my Hilton points.

The "deal" they offered you doesn't seem too great...but maybe it's only in the Disney area where it's possibe to get a very nice timeshare unit for only 90-120/night.

I would have called the police! So, you drove home without your license? You just convinced me that I will NEVER do business with a Hilton.

Wow, I am starting to feel like I got scammed.:scratchin I specifically asked her about the 15,000 points and she said it will be good for 2 nights at ANY embassy suites, homewood suites, hampton inn, or garden inn. I said if I want to stay in ANY of those hotels, even in Wash DC for 2 nights they would be free? and she said YES. When I called to book my dates last night at the Anderson, they said I could get it for 4 nights (paid for 2, so I would have to pay for 2 more nights), the reservationist said that I had to pay $109 a night for the extra nights and I told them she definetely said numerous times, it was a $100/night. They are going to listen to the recording and get back to me. I hope I wasn't lied to. She even told me I could cancel the whole thing if I wanted to before she hung up. When they call me back after questioning the recording, I am going to mention the 15,000 point issue. Thanks for the info.

When are you planning to go? I ask because $100 a night for the Anderson is pretty much the going rate for off-season and you don't have to sit thru a sales pitch. If it's summer, that's a good deal.

Wow, I am starting to feel like I got scammed.:scratchin I specifically asked her about the 15,000 points and she said it will be good for 2 nights at ANY embassy suites, homewood suites, hampton inn, or garden inn. I said if I want to stay in ANY of those hotels, even in Wash DC for 2 nights they would be free? and she said YES. When I called to book my dates last night at the Anderson, they said I could get it for 4 nights (paid for 2, so I would have to pay for 2 more nights), the reservationist said that I had to pay $109 a night for the extra nights and I told them she definetely said numerous times, it was a $100/night. They are going to listen to the recording and get back to me. I hope I wasn't lied to. She even told me I could cancel the whole thing if I wanted to before she hung up. When they call me back after questioning the recording, I am going to mention the 15,000 point issue. Thanks for the info.

Go to the Hilton website and try to book two nights in DC. Check the box taht says use rewards points and see what you get. Then you have some real info when you speak to them again.

I just did a mock booking for two weeknights in May. The cheapest Hilton on the page was for 35,000 each night and the Embassey Suites was 50,000 each night.

We are going in July, 2nd week. I really don't like being lied to. I am a member of marriotts rewards, so I kind of know how the points work, that's why I was a bit surprised when she said I would get 15,000 points and it was good for 2 nights at ANY Embassy suites, hilton garden inn, hampton inn or homewood suites. I even said 2 nights in Wash dc (because I know hotels are expensive there) and she said YES. She also told me I could cancel the whole thing after speaking to my husband if we decided we didn't want to go ahead with going. I will keep you posted. Going to call and complain and see what I am "really getting". Thanks for the help.

Are you kidding, they kept your driver's license? I think I would calling the police at that point.

My mistake was I was seriously considering buying so I made it to a meeting with the guy talking to me and his boss. For me it was high pressure. I told them I needed to leave to think about it and asked about my license and they said they would give it back when I came back after lunch. ( I could tell they were not budging and I am not very good with confrontation).

The guy called me 3 times during my lunch and I finally called him back and told him that I was going to think about it more over the weekend, but I would like to come by and pick up my license. He said they were closing and I could pick it up the next day. I was not going to drive 15 minutes out of my way to pick it up the next day. (I know my license number so, I was not worried about that ). On my way out of Myrtle Beach he kept calling me and called for 2 more days after I told him I was not interested. Finally that week the secretary sent my license and certificate for a night at Hilton.

I do not think that the sales people at Myrtle Beach are a good representation of the Hilton Brand. I am have Gold status with them and love the product. But, I will NOT go to another time share presentation with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter