Time Zones for the Repositioning Cruises

RickW

Mouseketeer
OK, as near as I can tell, here is how the timezones will work out for the 14 day cruises:

Assuming that it is 3:00 at Port Canaveral, it will be:
3:00 at Castaway Cay & Curacao
2:00 in Panama
1:00 at Puerto Quetzal, Acapulco, and Cabo
12:00 in L.A.

I believe that
Curacao will be on Atlantic Standard Time
Port Canaveral & Castaway Cay will be on Eastern Daylight Time
Panama will be on Eastern Standard Time
Puerto Quetzal will be on Central Standard Time
Acapulco & Cabo will be on Mountain Daylight Time
L.A. will be on Pacific Daylight Time

I believe that this is accurate, but feel free to post any corrections if there are any errors.

From what I could discern from my teeny tiny timezone map in my planner, you look to be correct ... 3 hour time difference max between Port C and LA.

Panama will be 2:00. They're in the Eastern Time Zone, but they don't observe Daylight Savings Time.

Acapulco will be 2:00. It's in the Central Time Zone, and they <b><i>do</i></b> observe DST.

Still checking on Puerto Quetzal and Cabo

Okay... when it's 3:00 in Cape Canaveral (UTC-4)

...it will be 3:00 (UTC-4) at Castaway Cay (Eastern Time Zone, but Daylight Savings Time) and Curaçao (Atlantic Time Zone, but no DST).

It will be 2:00 (UTC-5) at Panama (Eastern Time Zone, but no DST), and at Puerto Quetzal and Acapulco (both in the Central Time Zone, but Daylight Savings Time).

It will be 1:00 (UTC-6) at Cabo San Lucas (Mexican Pacific Time Zone... same as Mountain Time Zone in the U.S., but with DST).

It will be 12:00 (UTC-7) at Los Angeles (U.S. Pacific Time Zone, with DST).

So clocks will be set one hour back between Curaçao and Panama.

Then the clocks will be set one more hour back between Acapulco and Cabo San Lucas.

Finally, the clocks will be set one final hour back between Cabo San Lucas and Los Angeles.

Dave,
I'm curious as to your source of info (which I freely admit may be better than mine ;) )

According to http://www.worldtimezone.com

Panama is in EST, and Guatemala (Puerto Quetzal) doesn't observe DST.

However, I did have Acapulco incorrect, and you are correct that it is in the Central Time Zone.

Originally posted by Dave_from_Marietta
Okay... when it's 3:00 in Cape Canaveral (UTC-4)

...it will be 3:00 (UTC-4) at Castaway Cay (Eastern Time Zone, but Daylight Savings Time) and Curaçao (Atlantic Time Zone, but no DST).

It will be 2:00 (UTC-5) at Puerto Quetzal and Acapulco (both in the Central Time Zone, but Daylight Savings Time).

It will be 1:00 (UTC-6) at Panama (Central Time Zone, but no DST) and Cabo San Lucas (Mexican Pacific Time Zone... same as Mountain Time Zone in the U.S., but with DST).

It will be 12:00 (UTC-7) at Los Angeles (U.S. Pacific Time Zone, with DST).

So clocks will be set two hours back between Curaçao and Panama.

Then the clocks will be set one hour forward between Panama and Puerto Quetzal.

Then the clocks will be set one hour back between Acapulco and Cabo San Lucas.

Finally, the clocks will be set one hour back between Cabo San Lucas and Los Angeles.

And this is why I won't be using a watch while on vacation this time

Originally posted by JenKatt

LOL

Jenkatt,
Exactly my sentiments as I was reading the posts..lol

Rick & Dave,
Thanks for taking the time to put that together.

Mary

yeah but them there pesky watches (and alarm clocks in the staterooms) kinda come in handy if you want to be at dinner on time, or the show, or an all important spa appointment :earseek:
Thanks for taking the time to put that together.
No pun intended, right??? :hyper:

Originally posted by RickW

Dave, I'm curious as to your source of info... According to... worldtimezone.com... Panama is in EST, and Guatemala (Puerto Quetzal) doesn't observe DST.

Rick, you're right. Panama is in the Eastern (no DST). I'm glad you challenged me since I unwittingly provided bad information (I've gone back and modified my earlier two posts.) However, according to my information, Guatemala does observe DST.

<a href="http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=192">Panama</a>
<a href="http://www.noonsite.com/Countries/Guatemala/?rc=GeneralInfo">Puerto Quetzal</a>
<a href="http://www.statoids.com/tmx1.html">Acapulco</a> (Acapulco is in Guerrero)
<a href="http://www.statoids.com/tmx1.html">Cabo San Lucas</a> (Cabo is in Baja California Sur)

Interesting. It seems there is some conflicting info about Guatemala and DST.

Here are a couple of other links I found on the subject:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=94
http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/america/guatemala/

On this page, I found the following quote:

Guatemala is 6 hours behind GMT; some years it bizarrely observes March-September daylight saving.

So, it looks like I was originally mistaken on Acapulco, Dave was originally mistaken on Panama, and the jury is still out on Puerto Quetzal. :D

Okay, now I officially have a raging headache ;)

I think I'll depend on my daily navigators to tell me what time it is :hyper:

I won't care what time it is, as long as my kids get me to correct dinner seating.

dw just joked, "so dst stands for disney standard time, right?" ;)

will there be an official ship time? are the clocks in the staterooms and public areas of the ship controlled automatically so they can be set to whatever time matches the navigators' schedule?

Originally posted by thiscloud
dw just joked, "so dst stands for disney standard time, right?" ;)

will there be an official ship time? are the clocks in the staterooms and public areas of the ship controlled automatically so they can be set to whatever time matches the navigators' schedule?
In the pubic areas I'd venture to say "yes."

In the staterooms, no. It's a stand-alone wind up style clock. Don't know if the stateroom host/hostess will change the clock for you, or if you need to do it yourself.

Originally posted by ivanova
In the pubic areas I'd venture to say "yes."

In the staterooms, no. It's a stand-alone wind up style clock. Don't know if the stateroom host/hostess will change the clock for you, or if you need to do it yourself.

The stateroom host/hostess did change the clocks in the rooms on our last western, plus there will be a remonder card on your bed when you get in that night

So that means from CA to Fl we will be losing time.

So from Aculpalco to Panana, we could have dinner an hour earlier when we go thru the different time zone??

But i have heard that the ship will set a set ship time so people won't get mixed up with the times. Wonder what DCL would do??

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Bmwdsny
So that means from CA to Fl we will be losing time.

So from Aculpalco to Panana, we could have dinner an hour earlier when we go thru the different time zone??

But i have heard that the ship will set a set ship time so people won't get mixed up with the times. Wonder what DCL would do??

:rolleyes:

The time changes will be done in the middle of the night.

On Disney this will *ALWAYS* be the time at the port of call. On other cruise lines it isn't and led to a lot of fun problems for people with Carnival last year at Cozumel and Grand Cayman.

Best cruise experience ever. At Puerto Langosta Disney was parked on the outside berth and carnival on the inside. We were getting drunk at carlos and charlies and the lady at the table next to us goes, "Honey, when did they paint the ship black?"

Needless to say, the sobered up REALLY quick, left a bunch of cash on the table and ran like heck. They managed to catch the pilot boat out and hopefully caught the ship as they picked the pilots off it. I'm also betting they paid a HEFTY fee for the service.

Wow, you guys are good!! Too bad I didn't get much of it (I must be time zone challenged or something).

I think I will just have a wake-up call each day from Mickey......I don't really care what time it is in what part of the world I am in while on vacation as long as I know what time it is to reboard the ship in port!!! Would hate to be left behind!!!

MJ

In your staterooms the best place to fine the official time is on the TV on the station that has "the view from the bridge". It has the official ships time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter