Time to vote again....Princess meal

Which char meal would you recommend for us?

• Akershus Breakfast

• Akershus Lunch

• Cinderella's Castle Breakfast

• Cinderella's Castle Lunch

• 1900 Park Fare Breakfast

Results are only viewable after voting.

ms.ojo

DIS Veteran
We will be celebrating dd's 6th bday in Disney this Nov. and are having a hard time picking a princess meal. princess: Well, here are some of my concerns/thoughts on each. Any pictures you could share would be really helpful! TIA!!!

Akershus B or L: I'm wondering if my children would eat any of the luncheon offerings? :confused3 Is there a separate kids menu w/ more std fare? DD would love to see Ariel but perhaps we plan to see her at the MK grotto instead and stick w/ a late b'fast here. Does Ariel ever appear at b'fast?? How is the quality of the b'fast and luncheon foods? Does anyone have pics of the castle inside and out? Is it nice?

Cinderella's Castle B or L: The biggie. We actually did this when dd was 3. Now it costs so much more w/ the Disney picture pkg...is it worth it? Not to mention ds8 really doesn't want to eat w/ princesses. Maybe this is just something for Mom/dd and Dad/ds eat elsewhere that day. We haven't split up before....perhaps this is the trip where it starts? I don't know, I really hate to start down that road....

1900Park Fare b'fast w/ Alice: I thought this would be a great compromise. Dd LOVES Alice, while the Mad Hatter and other "friends" would be easier for ds to take. But dd wants "princesses and a castle" so unless I get some really great reviews to share w/ her and pictures, I don't think this one stands a chance. The menu looks wonderful and the chars are all winners. But it's not a castle.... sigh.

One other thing...Our travel dates are 11/28-12/6 which means if we do it "on" her bday (Sat 29th) we're paying T'giving buffet premium prices AND, more than likely we won't get a good seating time as pp who would be arriving earler in the week and staying through the weekend will be able to book ADRs before I can. Later in our stay I can build in one of these probably more easily. Is it still insane calling for princesses at 7am on the exact 180 days? Do you get to do the 180+10 w/ them?

Whew, thanks for listening. Can't wait to see your posts and pics!!!

We have done 1900 Park Fare dinner and the food was really good. The princesses there were Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty. When my DD turned 3, Prince Charming even sang Happy Birthday to her there while he was holding and dancing with her (it was quite a memory.) Fairy Godmother was also there.
My favorite princess meal though was at Akershus. We didn't care for the food during the lunch/dinner times but breakfast was great. The reason we prefer it there is because MOST of the princess are there. We have seen Snow White, Belle, Jasmine, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella and Ariel. (Don't quote me on Cinderella but for some reason I'm thinking she was there for dinner once.) It also seems like the princesses weren't as "rushed" to move on at Akershus as they were at 1900 Park Fare.
This is just what we have experienced... We usually do a princess meal each trip but haven't tried the one in the castle just yet.

I love 1900 PF!!! It is good! My favorite breakfast spot!!! The food is great!!! The characters are also very fun!!! Great atmosphere to!!! My DD dosn't like the food at Akershus!

:thumbsup2

Anyone else??? Any pictures of Akershus? I'm glad to hear the b'fast there is good. I just don't think the lunch/dinner menus would do well w/ our family.

We've done Akershus for lunch and CRT for lunch. We usually grab a light breakfast in our room, so we never book breakfasts.

We enjoyed the food at both. The kids had pasta at Akershus, and hot dogs in pretzel buns at CRT. I wouldn't hesitate to go back to either, but the girls had so much fun at the castle that I would probably make that my first choice.

We had Ariel at breakfast at Akershus. I know there's no guarantee of who you'll see at any meal - but she does appear there for breakfast sometimes. The food is wonderful at breakfast.

I also suggest that you and DD split up from DH and DS if you're going to do the castle. Don't pay all that for anyone who doesn't really want to go. Make it a mommy-daughter activity!

When we had dd to WDW for her 5th birthday, we did all of the princess meals. She had breakfast in the castle on her birthday; we has breakfast in Normay another day; and we had dinner at 1900 Park Fare another day. All were enjoyable, but the very best for us was 1900 Park fare.

The Castle was okay, but really not worth what you pay or the stress of getting the reservations. We have made 2 other trips and planning a third since that trip and dd has never asked to return to the castle.

The breakfast in Norway was very nice and we all enjoyed it. DD has two older brothers who were 9 and 10 that trip and they enjoyed the food at the Norway breakfast.

1900 Park Faire for dinner is a meal we have repeated since that trip and we will do it again this year. Okay, maybe not a castle, but something about the GF sure has a castle like feel! There is a carriage out front you can take pics in, and we have found the character interaction at the GF to be really wonderful. We hear the step sisters are a hoot and we look forward to seeing their antics our next trip. Food has always been very good in past trips.

They gave dd a happy birthday crown, a signed place mat, and a cupcake for her birthday. We only happened to mention in passing to the server that dd had a birthday earlier in the week...explaining how we were excited to see Cinderella again, etc...it was a surpise to all of us when they treated her to the birthday treats, and dd was thrilled to pieces. At the castle her birthday was lost, but at the GF she was made to feel special.

Thanks to all who voted. I just learned that Akershus now charges an inflated price too as it includes the picture pkg. :scared1: I'm sorry, I think this is just wrong. Little girls should be able to dine w/ princesses w/out such extras being mandated!

We're doing 1900 Park Fare and dd is happy to be seeing Alice...and ds is happy as it isn't all princesses. :lovestruc

We've done all of your choices and I voted for lunch at Akershus. I hadn't heard yet about the picture package and price increase though. There are plenty of "normal" food choices, especially for kids. CRT lunch used to be my favorite, but the food quality has really gone downhill and I feel like you get rushed in and out there. 1900 PF is also a good choice. We had DD's 4th birthday there and it was fantastic. She got an autographed placemat and the table was decorated with mickey confetti when we arrived. She also got a birthday tiara and Alice brought out a cupcake and sang to her. It was really great. I don't know if they still do all that (this was 4 years ago), but it really made DD feel special.

We loved the princess interaction at Akershus but my daughter and husband would NOT eat a thing. If you are going specifically for characters/princesses, it is great but I wouldn't go there hungry if you are a picky eater.

Cinderella's Castle B or L: The biggie. We actually did this when dd was 3. Now it costs so much more w/ the Disney picture pkg...is it worth it? Not to mention ds8 really doesn't want to eat w/ princesses. Maybe this is just something for Mom/dd and Dad/ds eat elsewhere that day. We haven't split up before....perhaps this is the trip where it starts? I don't know, I really hate to start down that road....

IMO- do Cinderella's Castle breakfast- we did it on DD's birthday and it was great. And as far as your DS goes, I too have a DS and he does not get to choose everything in life- sometimes he has to go along with what everyone else likes! It's his sister's birthday, he needs to put a smile on his face and GO- even if he doesn't want to. Life is all about learning how to be nice to others and not always get your way! JMO

IMO- do Cinderella's Castle breakfast- we did it on DD's birthday and it was great. And as far as your DS goes, I too have a DS and he does not get to choose everything in life- sometimes he has to go along with what everyone else likes! It's his sister's birthday, he needs to put a smile on his face and GO- even if he doesn't want to. Life is all about learning how to be nice to others and not always get your way! JMO
Thank you. Yes, I feel that way too. But the expense w/ the "extras" for CRT was making me think gee, maybe he should go w/ Dad and me w/ dd. But this wasn't just a girl thing...it's her BDAY. So in the end, we opted for 1900PF. She's back to being thrilled to meet Alice, it's someplace new to try...and we're all together. :lovestruc

1900 Park Fare Supercalifragilistic Breakfast @ Grand Floridian

What your DD will get for her 6th birthday - have it noted on your ADR....
A tiara to wear and keep (nice sovie)
A cupcakes - and confetti - yes for breakfast
A place mat with all the character signatures

Better price than the castle and I think better food.

Characters: Mary Poppins, Alice and the Mad Hatter

Price: $18.99/adults & Children 3-9 $10.99

Food - the Chef who makes omelets is just wonderful :goodvibes

NOTE: The chef can accomodate special diets (call ahead of time) - we could get gluten free pancakes for our DD

:thumbsup2 Breads and Pastries - assorted sliced breads, croissants, English muffins, bagels, pecan sticky bun, strawberry and apple turnovers, cheese danish, apple, granola and blueberry muffins, cream cheese, strawberry jam and grape jelly

:thumbsup2 Cold Buffet - flavored yogurts, fresh fruits, cottage cheese, ambrosia, stewed plums, chilled strawberry soup, assortment of cereals, house-made granola, Edy's Soft Serve ice cream with an array of toppings, Peaches, pears, applesauce, Jello-O, Rice Krispie Treats

:thumbsup2 Hot Buffet - Chef's preparation of custom eggs and build your own omelets, bacon, sausage links, scrambled eggs, cheese blintz, strawberry melba, apple cobbler, peach and white chocolate bread pudding with vanilla sauce, blueberry pancakes, corned beef hash, Spanish scramble, mini pancakes, Mickey waffles, fresh Challah bread French toast

I was excited before to try this one, but now, I really can't wait...nice write up you did!!!!
:lovestruc

NOTE: The chef can accomodate special diets (call ahead of time) - we could get gluten free pancakes for our DD

:thumbsup2 Breads and Pastries - assorted sliced breads, croissants, English muffins, bagels, pecan sticky bun, strawberry and apple turnovers, cheese danish, apple, granola and blueberry muffins, cream cheese, strawberry jam and grape jelly

:thumbsup2 Cold Buffet - flavored yogurts, fresh fruits, cottage cheese, ambrosia, stewed plums, chilled strawberry soup, assortment of cereals, house-made granola, Edy's Soft Serve ice cream with an array of toppings, Peaches, pears, applesauce, Jello-O, Rice Krispie Treats

:thumbsup2 Hot Buffet - Chef's preparation of custom eggs and build your own omelets, bacon, sausage links, scrambled eggs, cheese blintz, strawberry melba, apple cobbler, peach and white chocolate bread pudding with vanilla sauce, blueberry pancakes, corned beef hash, Spanish scramble, mini pancakes, Mickey waffles, fresh Challah bread French toast

WOW! Thanks for the write-up! :lovestruc :lovestruc I can't wait to give this a try!!!!!

Had lunch at Akershus last week. We only went for the princesses. I didn't really expect to like the food. But it was great-and so was the service. My DH had the salisbury steak type entree. I had the vegetable pasta (kind of like ravioli). The cold buffet was good. Desserts were great. There was a separate kids menu-my kids had pizza, hot dog, and grilled chicken breast. They even let my DS 10 months and DD 2 years order off the kids menu for free. And they let my DD 10 years (on adult dining plan) order from the kids menu and brought her an adult sized portion. We had the dining plan, so I wasn't worried about the prices.
We had Belle as the greeter and Cindy, Ariel, Aurora, and Jasmine circulated the room.
It was great.
We had done breakfast there before, but this was better-not as crowded.
Never eaten at CRT-not able to get ADR.
Hope this helps.

We too are doing this meal for my DD's 8th bday in Sept,(the day of) I had the CRT booked for a 4:15pm for dinner but cancelled as had read many reviews about it being more about the 'environment' and the food was not soo great! I have heard excellent reviews from some friends who have done this breaky as well and say it's great!
I am glad to know about the birthday surprises...she will be happy I am sure even with being in WDW for her bday!

CRT is a place everyone must visit once (if you have a little princess) but it's not all that great and the price is way more than it should be. My last photo package they did...Cinderella had some serious red eye! :rotfl2:

Since you've tried it already skip it. Norway is nice. We've been for Dinner once (was okay....the food was not so good). We've been 3-4 time for Breakfast. Always good. Here are the pictures you asked to see. This is from Breakfast w/ Belle as the greeter.
P1012681.jpg

This is your breakfast platter (but there's also a bar you can serve yourself at full of fruit...pastries, etc.
P1012691.jpg

Ariel w/ the kids. We have never seen her at Breakfast. :(
DisneyPart288.jpg

Here are some more inside pics...you can see the windows...
DisneyPart297.jpg

And one more...
DisneyPart2123.jpg

I don't have outside pics uploaded anywhere but if you google it then hit image it'll probably show right up. :)

My kids prefer 1900 Park Fare over everything listed here. They think the food is the best thing ever over there! Good Luck and have fun! :goodvibes

Just in case you do choose CRT this is something you can call ahead and purchase for special occasions!
P1013004.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter