Time to leave WDW before Flight/Towncar service ?

Raya

DIS Veteran
I just booked our towncar service through Tiffany Towncars. Our flight home is 4:30 on a Sunday. The reservation says that they'll pick me up (at the Beach Club) at 2:30.

Assuming 30 minutes to airport (is that right?) we'd arrive at 3:00, which is 1.5 hours before our flight. Is that enough time? I don't know yet if we'll have baggage to check....:confused3

You would be better off arriving at the airport 2 hours before your flight. So you should change the pickup time at Beach Club to be 2:00.

Yeah, I'm always telling towncar companies to change the pickup time. They like 2 hrs., I like another 30 mins. Yes, you'll 'probably' be fine with the 1.5 hrs at MCO. BUT...I'm one that likes to grab a bite to eat, use the restrooms, and relax for a bit, at the gate. If I leave just 1.5 hrs., that means I have basically just an hour to do that in...boarding usually starts 30 mins prior to departure. So, that makes me feel a bit rushed.
I would contact them and let them know if you prefer an earlier time.

2 hours before departure (90 minutes before boarding) should be fine -- but only if the Towncar service is actually there when it's supposed to be.

There have been 3 times (using 2 different companies) when I've had a Towncar reservation, but the Towncar wasn't there when it was supposed to be. In each case, I made a phone call after the scheduled time had passed, and in each case a Towncar showed up in 15-20 minutes.

For this reason, I would build in an additional time cushion to account for Towncar delays, traffic, slow TSA lines, etc.

2 1/2 hours sounds good to me.

If everything goes perfectly, you'll get to the gate much earlier than necessary. It's an opportunity to have something to eat and drink, and to catch up on some reading (or Web surfing because MCO has free WiFi).

Arriving at the gate too early beats arriving even 1 minute too late.

I like Tiffany towncar, but I prefer an earlier pickup than what the automatically give. I put the time I want in the comments, and then confirm when I call to pre-pay. They send a new confirmation, and I'm set.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter