Time to DOUBLE up!! 2 for 1 Pre-TR!!!!!!! TRIP REPORT HAS STARTED!!!!!!!

:headache: Yankees (ok, just kidding) But did you expect anything less from me??
The stadium does look great- but it should since you have the most expensive ticket price in all of MLB!

What are the dates you are going back on your trips? Wayne told me tonight that after this trip we can start planning a trip for MNSSHP in 2010! So excited- now having the trip end will not be so sad for me!!

It is the most expensive average because there are 104 seats that are $2500 each:scared1: There are also tickets priced in the $500-$1500 range too. You wouldn't catch me anywhere near those seats. My ticket was $20 upperdeck and you can walk around the stadium and check out other areas too. There are many areas where you can stand and watch the game.....even right behind homeplate! We also got into the Mohegan Sun Bar which normally you need a special ticket to get in to. That is where the tinted glass is in center field. It was cool in there but I wouldn't pay extra to be in there. A 16oz beer in the stands was $9 and in the Mohegan Bar it was $11 for a Brooklyn draft. You have to go to this stadium with a small fortune in your pocket to be able to buy anything! LOL

We are going October 3-8 2009 (definite) and March 6-14 2010 as of now. While we are there this October we are going to do MNSSHP on 10/7. We went last year the day we arrived and while it was fun, Juliana was shot because she was up since 5am with no nap!!!!!

Both of our boys are HUGE sports fans--most any sport, they are a fan. Our oldest played baseball from the time he was five through freshman year of college and is a diehard Cubs fan. He probably knows more about sports and trivia than most older adults (he is 23). He now coaches a 14-year old travel baseall team as well as being an assistant coach for the sophomore team of one of the local high schools. He and one of his good friends took a road trip last year and went to New York to see the old Yankee Stadium before it came down and then they went to Boston to see the Red Sox at Fenway Park (and it turned out they were playing the Chicago White Sox--and believe me when I say he cheered for Boston--we do not like the White Sox in this house). He didn't stop talking about it for weeks after he got back. Thanks for sharing pictures of the new Yankee Stadium.

Cool pics of the stadium and players!!!!!! :)

And, yes, I am now caught up! :goodvibes

Glad you have caught up.;)
The Wish thread has been on fire for the last week or so. I'm even having a hard time keeping up with it!

Both of our boys are HUGE sports fans--most any sport, they are a fan. Our oldest played baseball from the time he was five through freshman year of college and is a diehard Cubs fan. He probably knows more about sports and trivia than most older adults (he is 23). He now coaches a 14-year old travel baseall team as well as being an assistant coach for the sophomore team of one of the local high schools. He and one of his good friends took a road trip last year and went to New York to see the old Yankee Stadium before it came down and then they went to Boston to see the Red Sox at Fenway Park (and it turned out they were playing the Chicago White Sox--and believe me when I say he cheered for Boston--we do not like the White Sox in this house). He didn't stop talking about it for weeks after he got back. Thanks for sharing pictures of the new Yankee Stadium.

I played baseball growing up until high school. When I was a freshman I played football then basketball. Football season started in July (captains practice) and ran till Thanksgiving. Basketball started the Monday after Thanksgiving. So I had a 3 day break in-between the 2 seasons. By the time basketball season ended freshman year I was burnt out. So I didn't play baseball anymore. I tried out for the team when I was a junior but after not playing for 2 years I lost it. I still love the game though and love the Yankees!!:goodvibes

We are about to eat breakfast this morning and I hear the mail man driving up the street. I'm anxious to get out there and see if my photopass CD is in there. But Juliana just started eating and she wanted to go out with me. I eat my breakfast and Juliana is eating soooo slow(what else is new?) She finally finishes eating, we walk out, get to the mail box, and guess what???? NO CD. I'm kinda disappointed but what ever.. maybe tomorrow. I get inside and start going through the mail.......

What do I see????????? A piece of mail from Mickey!

JuianaAtDisney006.jpg

It is addressed to DW. We open it up and we got our 1st pin code!

JuianaAtDisney008.jpg

Too bad we can't use it... but I guess that means that we are on some list at Disney.:cool1: Hopefully we will get more PIN's in the future!!!:banana:

It is weird that it was addressed to DW, we've always used my name and CC's to book everything at Disney. She did mention that she requested a planning CD a while back (few years)?:confused3:confused3

We are about to eat breakfast this morning and I hear the mail man driving up the street. I'm anxious to get out there and see if my photopass CD is in there. But Juliana just started eating and she wanted to go out with me. I eat my breakfast and Juliana is eating soooo slow(what else is new?) She finally finishes eating, we walk out, get to the mail box, and guess what???? NO CD. I'm kinda disappointed but what ever.. maybe tomorrow. I get inside and start going through the mail.......

What do I see????????? A piece of mail from Mickey!

JuianaAtDisney006.jpg

It is addressed to DW. We open it up and we got our 1st pin code!

JuianaAtDisney008.jpg

Too bad we can't use it... but I guess that means that we are on some list at Disney.:cool1: Hopefully we will get more PIN's in the future!!!:banana:

It is weird that it was addressed to DW, we've always used my name and CC's to book everything at Disney. She did mention that she requested a planning CD a while back (few years)?:confused3:confused3

Good for you. I hope this does mean you'll get more in the future...and that you can use them. In over 20 visits to Disney, we have NEVER gotten a pin code! :confused3

Oh pins are SO exciting!!!

I too never receive pins ... they apparently don't love me as much as I love them ;)

Love the stadium pics! We're not hardcore Yankee fans, but I've always wanted to go see a game. We just never seem to find the time when we're in NY.

Hooray for a PIN code! We've only gotten one that I know of, and the only reason I even know about that one is b/c after I found these boards, I called and asked if we had any discounts attached to our names. DH had a 40% room discount that would have been perfect for the dates we wanted to go in December...but it had expired on 3/31 and I think it was something like 4/3 when I called. :( I was bummed b/c we never got anything in the mail or an email or anything. But then I found out about Free Dining and all was well again. :rotfl:

Good for you. I hope this does mean you'll get more in the future...and that you can use them. In over 20 visits to Disney, we have NEVER gotten a pin code! :confused3

My DW was saying if this is a good deal let's go!!!! :lmao: Although I love Disney, 5 trips in 2 years is quite enough. There might be more to see in this world than Disney:scared1: (Please don't FLAME me for this statement!! LOL)

Oh pins are SO exciting!!!
I too never receive pins ... they apparently don't love me as much as I love them ;)

Well this was only our 1st. I've read (on here) that some people get them all the time? Too bad there isn't a way to figure all this out?

Love the stadium pics! We're not hardcore Yankee fans, but I've always wanted to go see a game. We just never seem to find the time when we're in NY.

Hooray for a PIN code! We've only gotten one that I know of, and the only reason I even know about that one is b/c after I found these boards, I called and asked if we had any discounts attached to our names. DH had a 40% room discount that would have been perfect for the dates we wanted to go in December...but it had expired on 3/31 and I think it was something like 4/3 when I called. :( I was bummed b/c we never got anything in the mail or an email or anything. But then I found out about Free Dining and all was well again. :rotfl:

The new stadium is so much bigger than the old one. Change is tough sometimes... it's time for the Yankees to make some new memories in the new stadium. (Like winning the world series this year!!):happytv:

Free dining is a good deal. I'm still scared looking at what we spent being on the DDP and all the OOP meals we bought as well.:eek: We were trying to do our part in stimulating the economy!!:rotfl:

I got one of those about 2 days ago too. They are always addressed to me because I am the one signed up on the Disney site and request the CD. But our trips are always booked in DH's name. I wish we could go too, but I think free dining for the whole family is a better deal for us. But of course we're not doing that either. LOL! I wish I could give my DH some of the koolaid you drank. :lmao:

I got one of those about 2 days ago too. They are always addressed to me because I am the one signed up on the Disney site and request the CD. But our trips are always booked in DH's name. I wish we could go too, but I think free dining for the whole family is a better deal for us. But of course we're not doing that either. LOL! I wish I could give my DH some of the koolaid you drank. :lmao:

It might of been what was IN the koolaid!!:drinking1 :lmao:

Too bad you can't use the pin? It wouldnt work for either of the two trips you are planning?? Hopefully you will get another one.

Help me decide... do we purchase a photo cd before we go or do we just buy the prints when we get home? (I probably would want just a few pictures- because I plan on taking a million with my camera)

So.... did you see the game last night? 2 outs- Yankees up by 2 and Jason Bay hits a home run to tie up the game!! Game goes into overtime and Youk hits a home run to win the game for the Sox! Great game- but can expect anything less from a Yankee/Sox game?!

It's more economical to buy the CD. prints are very expensive and if you buy 3 or 4 you basically could've bought the CD. And hten you can print as many as you want.

Too bad you can't use the pin? It wouldnt work for either of the two trips you are planning?? Hopefully you will get another one.

Help me decide... do we purchase a photo cd before we go or do we just buy the prints when we get home? (I probably would want just a few pictures- because I plan on taking a million with my camera)

So.... did you see the game last night? 2 outs- Yankees up by 2 and Jason Bay hits a home run to tie up the game!! Game goes into overtime and Youk hits a home run to win the game for the Sox! Great game- but can expect anything less from a Yankee/Sox game?!

Yes.. I was watching the game till the top of the 10th... then I passed out. We got killed to day too.... We need to salvage the series with a win tomorrow.

It's more economical to buy the CD. prints are very expensive and if you buy 3 or 4 you basically could've bought the CD. And hten you can print as many as you want.

I agree with this..... If you think you might want a few pictures they are $15 each! So even if you wanted 3-4 pics that would bring you up to $60. If you pre-purchase the CD it is $100.

I haven't posted much here in the last few days. BT work and the gorgeous weather, I've only been checking in for a few minutes at a time.

DW & I started talking a bit more about where we want to eat during our stay.... She says since I made ALL the ressies last time she wants to give her input this time. LOL

As long as I have my Kona breakfast!!!!! LOL:goodvibes

If you want to try something new, and if Juliana likes animals, the Rainforest Cafe at the Animal Kingdom has Tonga Toast on their breakfast menu :thumbsup2

I don't tyhink they are on the dining plan though, are they?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter