• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Time-share rental vs. condo (I swear it's budget related)

GatorMama

DIS Veteran
I'm curious to know about ammenities. We are staying at a resort that I'm pretty sure is considered a time-share resort and I've never stayed at one before, so I'm not sure what to expect in the way of what will/won't be provided. I know at condo rentals we've done in the past, we would be provided with 1 trash bag, 1 roll of TP, and 1 pack of dish detergent... and we'd need to provide anything else we needed (if we needed more than one of those things). Is it the same kind of deal in time share places? I already have a baggie of dishwashing pillow packs ready to go, but was wondering if I should toss in a couple rolls or TP, paper towels, etc? Those kinds of things really add up and I'd rather use what I have in my stash from home than pay for them OOP once I get there if we need them. I'm thinking we'll grab a tiny bottle of Dawn at the dollar store when we get a dish scrubber... our's is on it's last leg anyway so I don't feel the least bit sad about spending a dollar on a new one.

I am thinking your best bet is to call the resort.

The last time share/resort we stayed at (westgate one) provided everything and anytime we needed something they just brought it to us, other then laundry detergent. That was one thing they did not provide.

We mostly vacation at timeshare resorts. Most of them provide just a starter pack like you mentioned. We usually hit Walmart or something on check in day.

We stayed at a time share in Va. Beach for 1 one night (long story why just one night), this particular building offered basic amenities including TP, paper towels, and very thin clear (read: useless) trash bags. If we chose this spot for our 2 week vacay, we would have def used our own bags. We were also supplied very small packets of dishwashing det.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter