Time Machine Tickets

margymas

I hope there's Jello!
I thought some of you might find this neat. My sister-in-law and brother-in-law are at WDW this week. She sent me this picture. Her Dad bought these tickets in 1982. They each had one day left on them. Yesterday was the last day before they expired. She and her family used them to get into Epcot. Caused a little stir at the gate.

image.jpeg

Her Dad bought these tickets in 1982. They each had one day left on them. Yesterday was the last day before they expired.
Nice tickets!

I'm wondering if you (or she) misunderstood something.
Is it possible that someone said something like, "Yesterday was the last day we could use them."
(Meaning it was the last day they were going into the park, this trip.)

Otherwise, the tickets, themselves, would not have an expiration date.

And, a note to those reading...
If the guests who owned these were on a trip to WDW in which they went into theme parks for 4 or 5 or more days, and each guest used one of these old tickets to go into a park on one of those days, the tickets were rendered nearly worthless ($10-15 each) in value...
compared to if they had been used on a 1, 2, or 3 day trip. (Each ticket would have THEN been "worth" as much as $170, or so, each.)

Older ticket use can be a bit complex... considering today's elevated new ticket prices and front-loaded value.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter