Time from start of ROFR till points go in account

grace&philipsmom

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone,

We went into ROFR with Disney on Monday April 13. I would like to book a week at the end of August, and there is still availability in many of the resorts. How long do you think from the time we enter ROFR until I get the points in my account? I think I read somewhere 2 months? We are already members if that makes any difference.

Thanks!
K

I am a member and just did a resale. My ROFR was 26 days. It took about 28 days after to receive closing documents. I closed about 8 days later. One more day for recording, and then 14 days after recording my points were in my account. So all told it was about 77 days.

Recently estoppel has been taking much longer than typical-not sure if this is permanent or temporary- estoppel was really slow in Dec too supposedly b/c of DVC focus on preparing member dues-then estoppel went back to approx 2 weeks in Jan but then back up to about a month shortly thereafter
We were fortunate to clear ROFR in early January and our resale took 68 days from ROFR submission to points in account

on average it seems to be about 75-85 days. Resales are definitly slower than they used to be.

Here is our recent experience:
Offer 2/1

Sent for ROFR 2/2

ROFR passed 2/25

Estoppel received 3/25

Closing documents 3/26

Documents FedExed back to title company 3/27 (Friday)

Title company received buyer's and seller's documents 3/30 (Monday)

Closed 3/31
Deed recorded 3/31
Called, got member # and made first reservation 4/13

I think that is 71 days from sent to ROFR to making reservation. Even though our estoppel took a long time, the sellers sent their paperwork in super fast and the title company closed very quickly, so that helped catch us up. We were hoping to make a November reservation before our home resort opened at the 7 months mark, and made it with 2 whole days to spare. Whew!

Disney took twice as long for estoppel than predicted--4 weeks instead of 2 weeks. There was a major slowdown, which from what I've seen is still the case unfortunately.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter