Time from port at Los Angeles to LAX

DisneyDream2B

DIS Veteran
Would it be difficult to make an 11:30 flight departing from LAX after deboarding at the DCL port near Los Angeles?
Thanks

Yes it could be. We did the MR cruise last March and were really happy we had about 4 hours to catch our flight. It took at least 1 hour to even be able to check our bags in (the lines were awful). And another hour to get through security. It was the worst airport experience I have ever had, and I have traveled a lot all over the world. There were a lot of really unhappy and unpleasant people. I hope you have better luck.

Would it be difficult to make an 11:30 flight departing from LAX after deboarding at the DCL port near Los Angeles?
Thanks

A lot depends on which day of the week you're talking about. But, I'd say that's a bit close for my comfort zone. Figuring that if you do first off, generally around 7:30-8:00, through customs (usually fairly quick), it might be doable. It's only about 20 miles, but traffic/construction delays could make the trip anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour and a half.

We did the MR last year and it was a Sunday-Sunday itinerary. I was shocked at how fast we got to the port but I guess it all depends on the day.

DisneyDream2B said:
Thanks

Depends on the day of the week if you are asking about traffic. I would want a later flight just because the airport itself is a nightmare. I have seen the Southwest baggage check line run the entire length of the terminal and be 3-4 lanes deep, with American not much better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter