Time from LAX

KandyM

DIS Veteran
Hi,
We land at LAX next Saturday at 4:30 pm. We will have checked bags and are getting a rental car then driving straight to Anaheim. About what time should we expect to get to Anaheim?

Thanks for your help, we are first timers and have no idea what to expect for a Saturday in terms of airport business and traffic.

I would allow for half an hour to get your bags and another half hour to get to the rental company, as you need to wait for a shuttle (they normally come around quite frequently) to take you to the car rental facility - this could all go much faster but at least expect it could take an hour from getting off the plane to getting to the rental company. Then depending on where you are renting from I have no idea how long it will take to actually pick up your vehicle, it is a good idea to make sure you are a member of the rental companies program as that can often reduce wait times. Once you have your vehicle it will likely take you approximately an hour to drive into Anaheim - of course all depends on traffic.

Just read this is your first time - once you get your luggage, you head outside the luggage area of your terminal - there are signs that will tell you where to find the Rental Car shuttle - they are marked in Purple. Each rental company have their own shuttle bus.
rental car.jpg

My final suggestion is to utilize google maps if you are going to drive into the city to find your preferred route. Google maps will include any areas where there is ongoing construction and as you get closer to your date you can even put in the time and day you will be driving to have the most up to date information. I did this during our first trip into DLR and when we arrived at the hotel my DH looked at me and said "have you been here before?" because I knew where I was going. It sure does help to have all of this information online now.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter