Time for the WORLD Series of Disney Dining

Homerun: Le Cellier

Struck Out: Hollywood and Vine

In the Pen: Biergarten

up to bat: Jiko

Homerun: Crystal Palace
Struck out: Alfredo's - management and waiter was bad, there were some waiters and waitresses that looked sympathetic.
In the pen: Liberty Tree Tavern-great character interaction, food good and plentiful
Batter Up: Le Cellier

Wow! Quite the responses if I had not started this thread in the middle of the night maybe I would have come up with innings......here is my second inning....specifically some character dining..(...have more so I can play this line up in another inning!)

Homerun: Crystal Palace...breakfast...... simply THE BEST! Food, atmosphere, variety, price and LOCATION:thumbsup2
Struck Out: CRT ( for breakfast at least....too much $$ to sit around, though worth experiencing one time I guess)
Batter Up: Akershus ~ still have princesses to please
In the Pen: Restaurantsaurus they kept breakfast moving, good variety of food and they are moving the location to Tusker House....even closer to KS for those early morning admittances.

Your pitch......

Second inning?
OK!
Home Run: Jiko
Struck out: Wilderness Canyon (can't take those Romper Room-ish antics)
Batter Up:Yachtsman
In the Pen: Kona

HomeRun: Chefs De France -best service our last trip hands down
StruckOut: Boatwrights- food just OK, bad service
Batterup:Cape May Clambake- good variety
In the Pen: Boma , can't wait to try it.

Homerun - Citricos
Struck Out - Coral Reef
In the Pen - GFC - we really like this place but I seem to have trouble fitting it in!
Batter Up - California Grill. I have grave doubts about this one. I'm sure the food is fantastic but I have no patience with dealing with table hogs and having to wait past our reservation time. I made a reservation for way before Wishes so I wouldn't have to deal with the fireworks crowd and then they moved Wishes up :headache:

Home Run: Californai Grill/Spoodles
Struck Out: Hoop De Doo Revue
In the Pen: Teppan Edo
Batter Up:O'hana's

Home Run: Boma...great EVERYtime

Struck Out: ESPN...we usually go as a tradition but this last time was so bad, never again!!

In the Pen: LTT...Marrakesh. Liked it, didn't LOVE it.

Batter Up: Coral Reef...love seafood. Can't believe we've never been here but there are SO many choices at Epcot.

Aren't there 9 innings in baseball? Hmmm, let me think now....

2nd inning:

Homerun: Coral Reef

Struck Out: Donald's Breakfasourus

In the Pen: Chefs de France

Batter up: Citricos

and I can keep going

Home Run -- LeCellier, just sorry we didn't know about this gem in our other trips :love:

Struck Out -- Tony's Town Square, Magic Kingdom :eek:

Batter's Box -- Narcoosse's :goodvibes

Bullpen Kona Cafe for breakfast :coffee:

[Homerun Narcoosees..love the surf n' turf and the atmosphere
Struck Out Mama Melrose
In the Pen Yachtsman
Batter Up CA Grill..can't wait to go in Dec.

Homerun!: Citricos - Great Food, as close to perfect at the world as you can get!

Struck Out!: Cinderella's Royal Table (Breakfast) - Bad Food, Bad Service.

In the Pen!: Tie between Garden Grill and California Grill.

- California Grill - Used to be my number one, but Citricos knocked it out. Gotta love the Mac & Cheese and Rice Krispy Sushi!

- Garden Grill - Great Food, Great Characters, everything Royal Table wasn't.

Batter Up!: Hollywood & Vine - Everyone says it is good, So I really want to try it!

First Inning of Disney Restaurant World Series

Homerun-Restaurant you have been to and it brought it all home....you WILL return, maybe even next trip or EVERY trip:
Columbia Harbour House, Ohana!, Kona Cafe, V&A, Le Cellier, ESPN Club, Boma, Pepper Market, Cape May (breakfast), Cali Grille(romance), V&A, Brown Derby, Le Cellier, Le Cellier, California Grill, Crystal Palalce (breakfast), Le Cellier/Kona, Chef Mickey, Narcoossee, Coral Reef, Le Cellier, Crystal Palace:thumbsup2

Struck Out-Enough said:
Coral Reef, Spirit of Aloha, Planet Hollywood, Fultons, Boatwrights, Boatwrights, Artist Point, Ohanas(food ok), Spoodles(breakfast), Comissary, Mama Melrose, Jiko, San Angel, Boatwrights, ---, Sci Fi, Nine Dragons,Electric Umbrella, Mickey’s Backyard BBQ, Flying Fish, Boma, Hollywood& Vine, Alfredo’s:sad2:

In the Pen-You liked it well enough to have on reserve for your next trip but are not starting out with this at the top of your ADR list when you speed dial on day 180:
Biergarten, Artist Point, Cape May Cafe, Wolfgangs Fine Dining, Prime time(good, not great), Chef Mickey’s(dinner), Biergarten, Sci Fi, 50’s Prime Time, Liberty Tree, Chef de France, Kona, Chefs de France, Kona, Chef de France, Garden Grill(great character, soso food), Boma, Cape May Cafe, Jiko, Spoodles, Biergarten, Liberty Tree Tavern;)

Batter Up-You have never been but based on reviews and interest it will be in the plans for your next trip:
Boma, Le Cellier, Raglan Road, Illmulino, Yachtsman Steak, Kona(dinner), Coral Reef, Boma, Boma, Boma, California Grill, Flying Fish, Chef Mickey’s(breakfast), Cali Grille, Ohana, Coral Reef, Boma, LTT , Ohana, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Crystal Palace, Jiko, Le Cellier:goodvibes

Great idea for a thread!!!

Here's mine...

Homerun: Kona Cafe and California Grill / tie
Struck Out: Sci Fi - Great atmosphere, but the food just didn't do it for us either time we tried!!!
In the Pen: Mama Melrose
Batter Up: Flying Fish

Second Inning with characters in mind:

Home Run: Crystal Palacepooh: poor piglet always get left out! :eeyore: :tigger:
Struck Out: ---------------
In the Pen: Liberty Tree Tavern- great character interaction, food good, not great:: MinnieMo :goofy: pluto: chip & Dale
Batter Up: Chef Mickey::MickeyMo :donald: :goofy: Chip & Dale (? not sure of these, never been)

Home Run-Victoria & Alberts, JIKO
Struck Out-Whispering Canyon
In the Pen-California Grill
Batter Up-blueZoo

Homerun....Biergarten

Struck out....San Angel Inn

In the pen....Le Cellier

Batter up....Kona

Dinger: Cali Grill (We plan on going back every trip!):love:
K : Whispering Canyon (we all hated it... the food, service... etc.):scared1:
Bull Pen: Le Cellier (NO FLAMES!):laughing:
Batter UP: Citrico's

GREAT THREAD!
:banana: :banana: :banana:

Home Run: O'hana. Loved the food, loved the atmosphere, loved laying a hammock before dinner waiting for our ressie, loved my girls learning to dance
Struck Out: Spirit of Aloha. Really glad it was free.
In the Pen: Nine Dragons. Our appetizers and entrees were yummy but the dessert was the worst thing we had all week.
Batter Up: Any signature place. With three young kids we avoided these like the plague but wouldn't it be nice for Dh & I? (I say wistfully....)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter