Time for Disney to change the FP policy....

Just my opinion, but I honestly think Universal has a much better system than the Disney's fastpass. But maybe since Disney has so many onsite hotels that wouldn't work as well for them. I would much rather have a different line for resort guests and do away with extra morning and late evening hour. There are times of the year that I would even love the option to buy and express pass.

As I said before, I continue to shake my head and marvel at the intensity of the feelings on the part of a few.

I was going to offer some logic and point by point rebuttal, but since that seems to be lost on some here, I'll refrain.

As I said before, I continue to shake my head and marvel at the intensity of the feelings on the part of a few.

I was going to offer some logic and point by point rebuttal, but since that seems to be lost on some here, I'll refrain.

I think some people are so bitter and miserable about the fastpass policy and this is the tactic they use to get the thread shut down :rotfl:

I love the fastpass just as it is. We went in early June and never once encountered a problem with the fastpass lines just as they are. We only saw one large tour group and that was at Hollywood Studios. We noted which way they were heading and made sure to go the opposite way. :lmao:

I think the problem is the tour group size in you case, not the fastpasses.

I emphasize with the OP"s situation and don't blame him (or her?) for complaining. But it was just bad luck to get into that line at that moment. It still doesn't change the fact that allowing late fp's is a wonderful policy that makes most people's vacations more fun and more enjoyable. If you don't choose to enjoy that flexibility, then you're making that choice. And if you're mad about those who do enjoy DISNEY's policy, then, you're making the choice to be angry and bitter.

Well, folks have surely been busy since I went to bed. OP has not been seen or heard from since...

I few things:
1)several pages back, someone suggested that "most" people ignore the end time on fastpasses. I heartily disagree with this. There have been plenty of times when my family could scarcely get to the FP attendant with our valid passes due to throngs of clock watchers waiting for their passes to open.

2)persoanally I'd rather a ginormous group of teens enter before me, so I can decide to come back later, than to have them enter right after I'd entered an enclosed space

3)I still think OP was overreacting-- signature said it was time to spend their money elsewhere, perhaps that's the real issue.

Question, why is the person who is using logic and reasoning stupid? And if she is, what does that make the rest of you?

I'm sorry, but the argument that Disney can't change a policy without hiring people is just stupid. I can't think of a better word that fits. Makes me laugh just thinking about it.

Just my opinion, but I honestly think Universal has a much better system than the Disney's fastpass. But maybe since Disney has so many onsite hotels that wouldn't work as well for them. I would much rather have a different line for resort guests and do away with extra morning and late evening hour. There are times of the year that I would even love the option to buy and express pass.

You are so right. This is something that Universal does so much better than Disney. We never go to Universal without staying at one of their resorts and this is the reason. I have heard people say that this would not work at WDW because Disney has more hotel rooms. But Disney has more parks and more rides than Universal so I think that Disney could try some form of Universal's system.

I also like your suggestion of having the special resort guest lines instead of EMH. Instead of offering a perk that concentrates all guests in one park at a time, it would allow resort guests to be spread throughout WDW. That might go a long way in dispersing the crowds.

1. i doubt the large number of people i see in most standby lines would agree;)

2. fair is subjective in this instance as to whether you have a fistful of FPs or not. Many casual disney visitors don't know to obtain them before leaving park for an afternoon break that would set their return time to the park after the FP expiry time...something to do with assumming the stated return time is valid...imagine that!

3. Everybody doesn't plan to the degree that DISers do & likely follow the written return time on the FP.

4. if it's not important as to when a FP holder shows up to claim their spot, then Disney should either stop posting a return time so that all may take advantage or enforce the return time

5.imo.

1.Now your changing your arguement from problem with enforcment of FP to having FP at all. So that statement doesn't hold anything.

2. so they should change the system to assist the clueless?
hate to tell you, but that would never work, there will alway be clueless people. You can't run things to cator to them, Just look at the government, that's what they do and that doesn't work.

3. Sorry I knew about FP before Disboards. That has nothing to do with the debate.

4. There's a limited # if FP's any given day. As others have said, in the end it doesn't effect wait time. Only gives the false pretnse of so by people who don't understand.

5.That's fine. everyone can have their own opinoin. But I think overall vary majority prefer the FP system.

This conversation has the maturity level of my five year old.

Like I said about 10 pages ago, go ahead and contact Disney. They are unlikely to change it because first of all most people don't care, and second, almost any solution anyone has come up with would mean Disney would have to hire more people, meaning more cost. And they ain't going to do that.

I also empathize with the OP, and I would have complained too. But that doesn't mean too much in the grand scheme of things.

As they use to say at the company I use to work for, there are no excuses for being late. Employees had their share of excuses. A train, A wreck, the traffic, the, the, the. Well, you should have left the house earlier to account for potential problems, and you should have planned better. No excuses. My daughter missed a flight the other day. The airline posted a delay in her flight of an hour. My daughter left the gate and went to get a bight to eat. She came back in time, though didn't realize that they had moved the flight time up by 15 minutes. The plane was loaded and they had shut the gate. She was out of luck. Poor planning by leaving the gate.

Wow. Now we should all follow rules based on the place some guy on the Internet used to work? Are we reaching... just a little... here... or what???

If I actually like the FP policy, should I write a letter thanking them?

Sorry Op, I think you are over reacting here.

Lets all do that! Then our letters will counteract the letters from those complaining about the current FP policy. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter