Time difference in Grand Cayman

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by delauzons, Mar 15, 2013.

1. delauzons

delauzons Mouseketeer

I have a very early excursion of Stingray City in Grand Cayman through Disney. It says 7:45. Is there a time difference? Is it our time or Grand Cayman time?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Meghatron

Meghatron DIS Veteran

It will be ship time, which is sometimes different from port time. 7:45 is when you are supposed to be at your excursion's meeting place onboard.

4. ktb2002

ktb2002 DIS Veteran

It is normally ship time which is Eastern time, On an excursion I booked there I noticed the time was before we were scheduled to be in GC and realized that the time was for meeting up for the excursion.

5. zippingalong

zippingalong Mouseketeer

Grand Cayman doesn't participate in daylight savings time...so sometimes they are off an hour.

It's currently 3:52 there.

6. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

On all nine cruises on DCL the ship's time has changed to match the port's time. This has been on the eastern, western, PC repo and Alaska.

7. Meghatron

Meghatron DIS Veteran

Both times we have been to the MR, one of the ports (I can't remember which one) was on one time and the ship was on another. They announced it multiple times.

8. delauzons

delauzons Mouseketeer

Thank you!

9. Beermam42

Beermam42 Grit and bear it

If you are doing tour and swim you will not going to reef untill around noon. We had great driver and had wonderful time in pardise. Watch ship channel in stateroom it has the time. I could sent you the whole video but that would take the advanture out of it. You can watch docks and ships in harbor on GCwebcams.

10. delauzons

delauzons Mouseketeer

Thanks for info! We booked deluxe stingray tour. It is only the Stingrays and it says a trolley brings you to the boat. It says it is only 2 and half to 3 hours long. I'm thinking we will be back on ship by noon.

11. su_A_ve

su_A_ve DIS Veteran

On February, we were on ship's time, which was EST. We were specifically told to STAY on ship's time and not local time which was different in Mexico.

12. delauzons

delauzons Mouseketeer

Thank you! That's exactly what i wanted to know. If they changed clocks on ship or not.

13. alexandmaddie

alexandmaddie DIS Veteran

This was the case last week when we were on the Wonder. A few people almost missed the ship because they didn't listen to instructions and went by island time instead of ship time.

14. Meghatron

Meghatron DIS Veteran

They do sometimes, and sometimes not. It depends entirely on the port.

15. TempusFugit

TempusFugit Are you a fan of delicious flavor?

The moral of the story:

Ask before you disembark. :thumbsup2