Time difference in Grand Cayman

delauzons

Mouseketeer
I have a very early excursion of Stingray City in Grand Cayman through Disney. It says 7:45. Is there a time difference? Is it our time or Grand Cayman time?

delauzons said:
I have a very early excursion of Stingray City in Grand Cayman through Disney. It says 7:45. Is there a time difference? Is it our time or Grand Cayman time?

It will be ship time, which is sometimes different from port time. 7:45 is when you are supposed to be at your excursion's meeting place onboard.

It is normally ship time which is Eastern time, On an excursion I booked there I noticed the time was before we were scheduled to be in GC and realized that the time was for meeting up for the excursion.

Grand Cayman doesn't participate in daylight savings time...so sometimes they are off an hour.

It's currently 3:52 there.

On all nine cruises on DCL the ship's time has changed to match the port's time. This has been on the eastern, western, PC repo and Alaska.

lbgraves said:
On all nine cruises on DCL the ship's time has changed to match the port's time. This has been on the eastern, western, PC repo and Alaska.

Both times we have been to the MR, one of the ports (I can't remember which one) was on one time and the ship was on another. They announced it multiple times.

If you are doing tour and swim you will not going to reef untill around noon. We had great driver and had wonderful time in pardise. Watch ship channel in stateroom it has the time. I could sent you the whole video but that would take the advanture out of it. You can watch docks and ships in harbor on GCwebcams.

Thanks for info! We booked deluxe stingray tour. It is only the Stingrays and it says a trolley brings you to the boat. It says it is only 2 and half to 3 hours long. I'm thinking we will be back on ship by noon.

On February, we were on ship's time, which was EST. We were specifically told to STAY on ship's time and not local time which was different in Mexico.

On February, we were on ship's time, which was EST. We were specifically told to STAY on ship's time and not local time which was different in Mexico.

This was the case last week when we were on the Wonder. A few people almost missed the ship because they didn't listen to instructions and went by island time instead of ship time.

delauzons said:
Thank you! That's exactly what i wanted to know. If they changed clocks on ship or not.

They do sometimes, and sometimes not. It depends entirely on the port.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter