Time Cover - What do you think?

I'm not a fan of the cover because it pits mothers who do things differently against those who taken a more traditional route. We shouldn't be judging others for making the best choice for them and their child. I applaud them for taking the time to do what they think is best, even if it's different than what I did. I know I did my best and agonized over some decisions...but in the end we all want healthy well adjusted kids that grow into healthy well adjusted adults.

Two points:

1. Differences in breast size are due to different amounts of fatty and connective tissue.
Actual milk-producing mammary tissue is the same size for almost every woman.

2. I cancelled my subscription to TIME today. Not that I am against breastfeeding - in fact, as a pediatrician, it is just the opposite. I am a big supporter of breastfeeding, and between my own two children, spent 18 months of my life as a lactating mom.

I cancelled it because I felt the cover was exploiting a child as a means to make money for the publisher. And I can't support that.

Forgot to add:

I do think Time did a fairly accurate job in reporting about Attachment Parenting.

Including the fact that this "method" has NO science to support it.

And that it is based on people who were themselves discarded, abandoned, and neglected as children (Bill and Martha Sears), and a childless woman who wrote about indiginous people in Venezuela while on a diamond hunting expedition (Jean Liedloff and "The Continuum Concept").

But yes, the final straw was the question: Are you MOM enough?
Yes, there are plenty of women who are "mom enough" without breastfeeding an almost 4 year old.

I'm not a fan of the cover because it pits mothers who do things differently against those who taken a more traditional route. We shouldn't be judging others for making the best choice for them and their child. I applaud them for taking the time to do what they think is best, even if it's different than what I did. I know I did my best and agonized over some decisions...but in the end we all want healthy well adjusted kids that grow into healthy well adjusted adults.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Motherhood is not a one-size-fits all deal.

I thought it was supposed to be a parody or satire but I guess that chick really does breast feed her 3 year old. Personally I think that is all kinds of disturbing to be still breastfeeding any kid that can walk up and just feed themselves.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 I agree- I think there is something off in a mother who thinks its ok to breastfeed that long. They are doing it more for themselves than the child at that point, something must be missing in their lives.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter