Time Change During Cruise

swimfin

DIS Veteran
Hello!
I just realized that my 7 day Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy in June might change time zones? If so, does the ship run on the "local time" or does the ship stay on EST? I'm specifically wondering about Tortola. We are doing a tour through Aristocats and want top make sure we don't miss the boat and that we stay on "ship" time! :-) THANKS! Cheers!

Hello!
I just realized that my 7 day Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy in June might change time zones? If so, does the ship run on the "local time" or does the ship stay on EST? I'm specifically wondering about Tortola. We are doing a tour through Aristocats and want top make sure we don't miss the boat and that we stay on "ship" time! :-) THANKS! Cheers!
The ship will typically change time the night before any stops that are on a different time zone.

Hello!
If they do change time zones, your stateroom host will leave a card in your room that night with the navigator that says so, and it will be announced on board during announcements as well. They want to be absolutely sure that everyone is aware of the time change :) We've done it twice now, and never had to question if it was changing or when.

Yup. the ships operate in the local time zone where they are, and the crew will obsessively remind you to change your clocks. Seriously ... there's like three time changes for the Alaska trip and I finally told me server that we all had the hang of it by the third one.

Just note that in June, the ship will be on daylight saving time (EDT), not standard time (EST).

So here's a related question: will be fit bit and iPhone times change automatically or will I need to be on wifi to change them/gave them change automatically?

My phone does not automatically change time with the new time zone, so I picked up a watch at Walmart so I do not look at my phone and forget!

Does it still change when you are in airplane mode and no longer connecting to cell towers?
When in airplane mode, mine does not change, and I have to change it manually (or just remember we are an hour different).

Does it still change when you are in airplane mode and no longer connecting to cell towers?

My iPhone did not automatically change time since I was in airplane mode. I had to manually change my time zone. I did this by going into my iPhone Settings, General, Date & Time and turned off the set automatically button. I then could change the time zone to match the one we were going back to.

my Garmin Vivo did not change at all during the Panama Canal cruise last year. I never connected it to the internet to download until I was back on land. I wished I'd brought my watch by the end because I was adding so many hours. LOL Lesson learned, I'll wear my watch next cruise.

my Garmin Vivo did not change at all during the Panama Canal cruise last year. I never connected it to the internet to download until I was back on land. I wished I'd brought my watch by the end because I was adding so many hours. LOL Lesson learned, I'll wear my watch next cruise.
My first cruise I brought a Moto 360...and the first day the shops were open I made hubby buy me a regular watch :) Haven't traveled without one since!! It's a good lesson to learn for sure ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter