time between show + dinner

waffle

Earning My Ears
is there time to change your clothes between the early show and the late dinner seating? Do people get dressed up to go see the shows?

Yes there is time. The show is usually at 6:30 and dinner at 8:30 and you typically have about an hour between the show and dinner.

It's up to you of course, but we tend to look at it like a "night out" and always dressed up before the show. We would usually either hang out in the atrium between the show and dinner or go to Sessions or one of the other bars for a couple of drinks before dinner.

Alex

Same here....we always try to get dressed for the show, but sometimes the extra hour between is a god send if we did not get time before the show for dressing.

MJ

There are a lot of great shows (the family version of dueling pianos comes to mind) that go on in the "in between" time. They really are hidden gems, and are often overlooked my many people.

I agree with Renesam! We went to several of the "little" shows in between dinner and the main show, and they were great! Our kids loved them. We went to the family versions of the dueling pianos, the juggler (who was unbelievably good), and a comedian. These shows are only 30 minutes long, so they perfect to kill that little bit of extra time between dinner and the show.

The in-between time is how we discovered things like, "Walk the Plank." Lots of fun we didn't see last time.

thanks a lot for the info! another related question: do you have to line up for dinner usually? how long before 8:30 do you suggest arriving for dinner? thanks for all the help!

We usually arrived right at 8:30, the only night there was any kind of line was the first one. After taht everyone just kind of walked in and it worked out well.

Anne

I'm sure the line on the first night has something to do with locating your table for the first time.

We have early seating, so I'll ask the question in reverse. How much time is there typically between dinner and the late show? We are not "slow" eaters, but we don't inhale our food either. We also plan on sampling the desserts!

We had early seating also, which starts at 6:00. We were always done by 7:30 and the little 30 minute shows which were held in the different nightclubs usually started at 7:45. They only lasted 30 minutes so that gave us enough time to get a good seat at the main shows, which started at 8:30. If the juggler is still there when you go, I would highly recommend his show!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter