TimandLesley's When the Boat's a Rockin' Don't .... Trip of a Lifetime TR 2/4/1 pg.33

Another fun installment!

Oh EPCOT at night ---- heavenly! Teppan Edo is one of our favorite places to eat too. So YUM! My DD was craving Teppan Edo a few months ago so we went to our local Benihana (not the same, but it was tasty). As I sat there watching the chef I wished that after we were done eating we'd be walking around World Showcase and not getting back in our car to go home!!

OK, I need to try one of those Grey Goose slushies.....so many people rave about them. I'm actually allergic to alcohol (yes, it's a curse!) but I can usually get by with one drink and feel OK.

And BRAVO to Tim for saying something to the lady with the cigarette. How rude was she???!!??

Looking forward to reading about the Dream.....:boat:

Debbie

The kids were THRILLED because they were doing pool games, so they participated in those for over an hour:
160.jpg
I can't believe this. If you look behind your daughter, you will see the butt of my youngest sticking out behind her. If you have other photos of the group my oldest is on the other team wearing goggles over her eyes out of the water.

Sounds like a great Disney day to me. Loved seeing all the pics of DHS, Epcot and the Boardwalk. I really like your Mickey American flag shirt. Can't wait to hear all about the Dream.

Lesley - I am so glad you are doing a trip report!!! I was so sad that you weren't going to do one especially since you were going on the Dream! I screamed when I saw your trip report listing on Sooze's TR! We were at Disney the same time you were (after your cruise). I told my DH that I hoped to see you. He actually saw you when I was on Star Tours and you and Tim were standing outside Star Tours watching Jedi Training Academy. When I got off Star Tours, he told me he saw you and I ran back to that place but you were gone. I know I'm a stalker!!

I was explaining to my son why I wanted to see you so bad. I told him that I have read your trip reports for so many years that I have seen your kids grow up on these boards. Luke and Lauren have turned into beautiful kids!

Can't wait to read more and see how the cruise was! We are waiting till Summer of 2013 to go on the Dream and I had hardly wait!!

Kari

Such a great update! I"m so glad you decided to do a trip report for this trip! I am lovin' it!!

You made great time driving to Orlando, I must say! Would you stay at BWV again? I've read here on the Dis about other people having rooms really far away while staying there, too.
Thanks so much, glad you are enjoying it. You know, I don't know if we will stay at BWV again with the kids for our longer trips, but if/when Tim and I go by ourselves for Food n' Wine, etc. then we would.
Love your trip report so far!! Can't wait to read all about your Cruise adventures!
Thanks, cruise stuff coming up, get ready for a LOT of pics and details.
Enjoyed the update. Looking forward to riding the new Star Tours and finding out if Luke gets to do Jedi training as this is something Declan wants to try as well.
So glad yo uenjoyed it. I write a column for disney dispatch dot com (google it) and today's column that I wrote (my column is "Happiest Tips On Earth") is all about my Hollywood Studios touring tips and it includes Jedi Training Academy tips : )

:yay: Yay, I love a Tim and Lesley Trip Report!!! I think we may have been at AKL at the same time. We were there June 25-30th. We moved to BLT on the 30ths. Were you there then? We stayed in Jambo house. It was so much fun.

We live about 30 minutes from Cincy so I know what that drive to Disney is like. We drove it at night which made it a lot easier but coming home during the day time seemed to take forever.

Love your pictures of the Boardwalk. We are there the beginning of our Thanksgiving trip.

Love all the pictures of Epcot. I agree, the world showcase is so much fun at night.

Can't wait to hear about the Dream!
Too funny, yes, we were at AKL from the 26th-1st, must have just missed you, we were in Jambo in the concierge level. Yes, the drive is brutal. Boardwalk is a lovely area to stay. Cruise info/pics to come!!
Joining in just in time. Can't wait to read about your cruise.
Yes, just in time, cruise update coming soon, get ready for lots of pics!

lovin it!!! Always wondered if you met diane from the Dis and you answered my question!! Can't get over Tim telling that lady off over the cigarette incident, disney rage!!! lol people can be so rude and inconsiderate, it never ceases to amaze!! Can't wait to hear all about the "Dream" magic!
Thanks, yes, we met on the Dis, one little Dis meet turned into a great friendship.

Great update. I really enjoyed riding Star Tours in June. My nephew was picked as the spy and he was just elated about it. Toy Story Mania is such an awesome ride. I wasn't much a fan of Hollywood Studios but it really has grown on me.

I can't wait to be in Epcot this weekend. Such a beautiful park. I cannot believe that lady and her cigarette. I hate it when people are smoking when there are children everywhere. They have area's for that. Ok, now i'll get off my soapbox. :rotfl:

Back to Epcot...I ate at Teppen Edo in March and I didn't think it was very good. We have a hibatchi place here in S.FL that is just incredible and I have yet to find a place that can compare. I don't think I would eat at Teppen Edo again, but I wouldn't discourage people from eating there because it is such a neat and fun experience.

I can't wait to read more about the cruise. I want to go on a cruise so bad but at the same time I am terrified of being stuck on a boat for however many days. I'm sure one day I will eventually give in.
To fun that your nephew was picked as a spy for as many times as we rode it this trip that never happened. What did you have at Teppan Edo? We love it there, didn't have a great chef this year but the food was good. I love the salad with ginger and the steak/shrimp combo. I think the food is better than our local place. The cruise was AMAZING, when you read through my report you will see you are not "stuck on a boat" at all, it's such an amazing experience!!

Can't believe I missed this!! Joining in now!
Welcome!
Sorry you had to move rooms and had a less than great location. Glad though you were not waiting forever on your room, we had a long day our check in day at the BCV, but the location we had for the villa made up for it!

The Boardwalk pool did have fun pool games! Did you mind the lack of cs that took the dining plan, or did you not notice on your short trip? We lunched and swam there and it made it hard for me to get lunch especially for the kids... and I know what you mean about the mugs, thankfully the BC pool had a self serve refill for mugs spot!

Great report... can't wait for the cruise part,
I am itching for a cruise, you and Anita really have me hoping we do one someday!
You have to do a cruise, you and the kids would LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! We didn't notice the lack of CS options while we were there since we ate most of our meals in the parks. Tons of pics of the cruise to come.

Another great update! Looks like a great view from your room although you can tell how far of a walk you had! That lady was rude at Epcot about the cigarette, good for Tim to say something! Looking forward to the cruise!
Glad you are enjoying it, yes, nice view, NOT a nice hike each time.

Yay!!! Another Tim and Lesley, and Luke and Lauren TR. Can't wait to hear more.

Seeing the picture of the Flipper's pizza box made me miss them so much. I need to get back to FL for that pizza soon.
Ohhhhhhhhh Flippers, YUM!!!

Wow...Boardwalk looks really beautiful!!! So excited for your next morning!! I noticed you did the CS plan...what are your thoughts on the price increase for the dining plan for next year....especially the TS one/regular one?? I just don't see how we'll save any money with it!?
The Boardwalk area IS really beautiful! Well, we kinda "cheated" this time around. We didn't claim Luke on our reservation since we were staying DVC and have annual passes so we only had 2 adults and 1 child for the CS plan to pay for which ended up saving us money. With the increase next year, no, for CS I don't think it will be worth it.

Subbing in! I was so excited to see that you working on another TR, I always LOVE following along on your Disney Journeys! Would also love to hear more about your newest TA career.
Welcome! Thanks for reading/ posting. I'll send you a PM : )

Great update! I love the laid back way of touring that going every year gives you. Strolling through World Showcase is my favorite nighttime activity as well!
I know, it definitely has changed our touring style that's for sure. AhhhhhhWorld Showcase at night, wish I was there right now!

Oh wow your room location does seem like a hike! That's one of the reasons I've been hesitant about staying at the Boardwalk, some of the rooms are practically located at the Dolphin!

Yes, it was a hike indeed!!!

Ugh, you KNOW that room sat empty all night long. I just don't GET those things!!

LOVE being able to walk to two parks!!

Sweet! Maybe they are starting to recognize you guys and rewarding you for your Disney awesomeness!

Lauren is SO brave!!!

He sure did! But I couldn't get past how long his legs are! That boy is just growing like a weed (as my grandma would say!)

Wow... it must've been brutal out there!

Nice strategy guys!
Yes,I bet that room DID stay open all night, burns me up. Yes, Lauren is quite brave, I love that ride photo. I know, Luke sure is shooting up tall! It was BRUTALLY hot before the cruise, after the cruise, not so much (but you would know that wouldn't you : )

Those pool games are the best. So glad Luke and Lauren were able to enjoy them!

Disney spends so much time talking about all its conservation efforts...then they continue to be wasteful like this. It makes no sense!

My goodness, you really WERE far away from the elevators, weren't you! But pretty spectacular view!!

OMG... first of all... YAY TIM!!!! I'm so glad some people have the guts to say things to rude, trashy people! Second of all... WHY do people like this exist?! Who teaches them such a complete lack of etiquette and respect? It scares me how the world is filling up with trash like this! ugh!

;) Of COURSE you did!

I am SO excited to hear all about the ship!!! And I'm SO glad you guys did the cruise before we do... because I know I'm going to learn so much about the ship and will feel so prepared! (You already taught me about the alcohol.. so thanks!!)

Thanks again for your great reports, Lesley!
The pool games were super fun. Yes, that lady with her cigarette was ridiculous! TONS of updates on the sihp with lots of pics, I'll be sure to explain everything in detail for those of you who haven't cruised yet, it was a learning process for us and we had a blast so I hope you can learn a bit from us and have a fabulous time as well (well, you WILL for sure!!)

Great update! I'm excited to see you guys head to the Dream
Coming up soon! Thanks for reading/posting
I love that Tim said something to the lady with cigarette! Too bad she just doesn't get it.
She just DID NOT get it : )

A fun day, but so much walking! I don't blame Lauren for wearing down! I can't wait to experience the new Star Tours. That is one of my grandson's and my favorite rides, and we will never forget riding it first thing in the morning and having a storm trooper come in and look us over! The changes will make each experience a little different, so we will have to spend some time getting them all! I won't be at WDW for a while, but the one in DL is supposed to be the same so I will get to try it in October.
I can't wait to hear about the cruise. I REALLY want to do that.
Yes, the walking was crazy, especially for the kids. Star Tours is wonderful, you will love it!!! The cruise was AMAZING,lots of pics to come!

I am so excited for you Disney Dream update!!!! Can't wait!!!!!
Coming soon!!!

Wow! DHS was crowded!
Yay for not having to wait long to ride Star Tours. I can't wait to ride it next month.
It stinks that your room was so far away from everything. On the bright side, you were only there one night and it is Disney.
The BWI/BWV are so beautiful. The whole Epcot area is amazing.
I think I need to try Flippers...
Can't wait for the cruise portion to start!
It was REALLY crowded on all of our DHS days this trip. You are going to love Star Tours, such fun. Yes, do try Flippers, be sure to order the garlic bread sticks, YUM!
Another great update, Lesley!

Epcot has got to be my favorite park. There's just so much to see and do!

I'm glad Tim said something to that lady! That kind of attitude (on her part) irritates me to no end.

I can't wait to read about your posts on the Dream! We are in Orlando this week and as we drove to Cocoa Beach on Tuesday, we saw the Dream docked at Port Canaveral. I SO wanted to just take that exit and get on board!!!

Thanks again for writing such entertaining and interesting trip reports. It's been fun seeing your family grow up in your reports. Cheers to you for a fabulous job!! :cheer2:
Epcot has become our favorite too. I know, the Dream is AMAZING, I bet you did want to get on, I'm going through Dream withdrawl myself : ) Thanks for the compliments, I truly appreciate it.

I'm subbing!!! Yea!!! I just LOVE your trip reports, Lesley. I was so excited to find your new one this morning. I always get emotional reading your reports because your family shares our enthusiasm for the world so completely! I enjoy seeing how much you all love everything about your vacations. I can't wait to see your next update! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your memories with us!:hug:

Welcome! Glad you found us again. We just LOVE the World. Thanks so much for reading/posting.
Wonderful update! Sounds like a wonderful start to your trip. Well, except for having a room three miles away :rotfl2:
It was a GREAT start, yes, despite the LONG WALK!!

Love your BW pics! I've always wanted to stay there and now I want to even more

Also, cant wait to ride Star Tours! Your TR is making me more excited about our upcoming trip! TFS
It's a lovely place to stay. Glad I can help get you excited!!

How did I miss seeing your TR?!! Love reading all about your adventures and can't wait to read about your cruise aboard the Dream

BWV is our favorite resort (as you can see by our siggie) and last trip we rented DVC points for a 2-bedroom villa right next door to you (to your left as you are standing on the balcony). It was a long trek to the elevator - many times we just ran down the stairs and walked to Swan/Dolphin to catch the boat to HS or just walked. For some silly reason, we felt it was quicker to walk down the hallway to the stairs that come out behind Screen Door to catch the boat to Epcot. This was the second trip that I requested close to the elevator and got rooms way down at Crest O' Wave (in Dec 2008 I had a foot brace on and got room #2001 but luckily I got moved between Thimbles and Threads & Screen Door on the third floor).

You have such a beautiful family - so fun watching your videos, looking at pics and feeling like we are right along on your journey!
Glad yo ufound us again. Yes, we did the stairs some times too. Thanks so much, I appreciate your nice comments.

Another fun installment!

Oh EPCOT at night ---- heavenly! Teppan Edo is one of our favorite places to eat too. So YUM! My DD was craving Teppan Edo a few months ago so we went to our local Benihana (not the same, but it was tasty). As I sat there watching the chef I wished that after we were done eating we'd be walking around World Showcase and not getting back in our car to go home!!

OK, I need to try one of those Grey Goose slushies.....so many people rave about them. I'm actually allergic to alcohol (yes, it's a curse!) but I can usually get by with one drink and feel OK.

And BRAVO to Tim for saying something to the lady with the cigarette. How rude was she???!!??

Looking forward to reading about the Dream.....:boat:

Debbie
Glad you are enjoying the updates. I agree, just love Teppan Edo!! Yes, try a Grey Goose for sure, one and you should be o.k they are to die for! She was SOOOOOo rude! She told him to "f" off a few times too really loudly for my kids to hear, REALLLLLLL classy! Updates on the Dream to come with a TON of pics!
I can't believe this. If you look behind your daughter, you will see the butt of my youngest sticking out behind her. If you have other photos of the group my oldest is on the other team wearing goggles over her eyes out of the water.
Too funny!!!!!
yay made it in time for the cruise part!!! :)))) I'm sure it was amazing.
Coming up soon, it was beyond amazing, can't wait to share it with you guys.
Sounds like a great Disney day to me. Loved seeing all the pics of DHS, Epcot and the Boardwalk. I really like your Mickey American flag shirt. Can't wait to hear all about the Dream.
It was a great Disney Day! The Mickey flag shirt was actually an Old Navy Find, Tim got one too. : )

Lesley - I am so glad you are doing a trip report!!! I was so sad that you weren't going to do one especially since you were going on the Dream! I screamed when I saw your trip report listing on Sooze's TR! We were at Disney the same time you were (after your cruise). I told my DH that I hoped to see you. He actually saw you when I was on Star Tours and you and Tim were standing outside Star Tours watching Jedi Training Academy. When I got off Star Tours, he told me he saw you and I ran back to that place but you were gone. I know I'm a stalker!!

I was explaining to my son why I wanted to see you so bad. I told him that I have read your trip reports for so many years that I have seen your kids grow up on these boards. Luke and Lauren have turned into beautiful kids!

Can't wait to read more and see how the cruise was! We are waiting till Summer of 2013 to go on the Dream and I had hardly wait!!

Kari

Hi Kari,
You are so sweet, those comments made my day. I truly wish you would have run into us so we could have said hello : ) Thanks so much for your sweet words, I appreciate it and it's people like you who make writing these reports so rewarding and fun. You will LOVE a Disney Cruise, we are now officially hooked. Get ready for a TON of cruise pics and details : )
Lesley

Lesley,

I think you mentioned that you booked two years ahead of your cruise to get a great rate. I am looking for a trip in July of 2013, but I looked on the official dcl website, and so far they don't list cruises beyond Dec 2012. Now that you're also a TA, do you know when they'll start booking beyond 2012?

Thanks!

Lesley,

I think you mentioned that you booked two years ahead of your cruise to get a great rate. I am looking for a trip in July of 2013, but I looked on the official dcl website, and so far they don't list cruises beyond Dec 2012. Now that you're also a TA, do you know when they'll start booking beyond 2012?

Thanks!
Should be in October of this year, can't wait because I plan on booking our own summer getaway as soon as they are released : )
Lesley

We are sitting in our hotel room and I'm reading your update about Tim calling out the smoker and I holler woah! So I have to read it aload to Baylor and Marc! LOL w
We can relate, Marc is always calling out the smokers that are puffing out of their areas at Disney...
We have been down on the end at BWV (twice)!
AND I was the spy!

To fun that your nephew was picked as a spy for as many times as we rode it this trip that never happened. What did you have at Teppan Edo? We love it there, didn't have a great chef this year but the food was good. I love the salad with ginger and the steak/shrimp combo. I think the food is better than our local place. The cruise was AMAZING, when you read through my report you will see you are not "stuck on a boat" at all, it's such an amazing experience!!

I had the Shrimp and Steak also. The steak was good but the shrimp was overcooked. We also had a spicy tuna roll and that was incredible. I'm not sure if you like sushi but it was some of the freshest sushi I have ever had.

Yay!!! I just got back from vacation at the beach and got all caught up. Can't wait to read about the Dream. I hope we get to go back on it someday and do all the things we didn't have time to do last time. I'm sure you all had a great time, so fun that you and Diane's family got to travel together again.
Glad to hear the new Star Wars changes are great.:banana:

We are sitting in our hotel room and I'm reading your update about Tim calling out the smoker and I holler woah! So I have to read it aload to Baylor and Marc! LOL w
We can relate, Marc is always calling out the smokers that are puffing out of their areas at Disney...
We have been down on the end at BWV (twice)!
AND I was the spy!
Too funny!!! Tim and Marc could hang together easily then : ) How cool you were the SPY!!!!

I had the Shrimp and Steak also. The steak was good but the shrimp was overcooked. We also had a spicy tuna roll and that was incredible. I'm not sure if you like sushi but it was some of the freshest sushi I have ever had.
Weird, sorry you had a bad experience. I'm not a sushi fan so I've never had that there.
Yay!!! I just got back from vacation at the beach and got all caught up. Can't wait to read about the Dream. I hope we get to go back on it someday and do all the things we didn't have time to do last time. I'm sure you all had a great time, so fun that you and Diane's family got to travel together again.
Glad to hear the new Star Wars changes are great.:banana:
Hope you had fun on the beach. Dream update coming tonight. Yes, we have become great friends in Disney and beyond which has been awesome!

Day 3 of Our Trip of a Lifetime, DISNEY DREAM TIME!!!!!!!
I had checked in online and they gave me a check in time of 11:30 but we decided based upon what we had heard to get to the port early, so we left the Boardwalk around 8a.m. and we pulled into the port around 9 a.m. We had done some research and found a reputable place to park the car during the cruise called “Park and Cruise” that only charged 6.00 per day. Our plan was to drive to the terminal and Tim would drop the kids and I off. We saw the Dream in the distance and the excitement was in the AIR:
004.jpg

Ahhhhhhhhh, isn’t she LOVELY!
005.jpg

Tim dropped the kids and I off and we checked our luggage and then he went to park the car. Diane, Matthew and Eric met up with the kids and I in line. They started letting us through the gate at 10 a.m. but Tim wasn’t with us so I was worried since I had his birth certificate (we did not have passports, did the birth certificate option instead to save money). They said it would be no problem and I could check in for him and he would just have to show his license at the security gate when he arrived.
We got in and through security no problem and made our way up to the terminal, the kids were THRILLED (of course I was too):
006.jpg

Diane and I jumped in line and it moved quick and we were given our room keys and boarding number which was 4, WOO HOO!!!
Tim and Bryan arrived shortly (Tim had given Bryan a lift after dropping off their rental car). Tim and I were sooooooooooo thrilled, we couldn’t believe we were about to board:
009.jpg

Our traveling companions :
007.jpg

There was a line forming to sign your kids up for kids club (even though you do this online, you still have to get them the wrist bands) so Diane and I took the kids and waited in that line. It took forever because the computers hadn’t turned over from the previous cruise yet, but we had nothing but time to kill and I was on too big of a Disney high to care. We just sat down in the line and patiently waited our turns. Then the kids got their bracelets. These things are COOL, they have a computer chip in them, and they are like a GPS tracker so when you pick your kids up they can tell you exactly where they are in the club (but more on this later). They warned us that if these weren’t returned the final night of the cruise there would be a $50 dollar charge per bracelet, o.k., check, that was important to remember : )
At this point Tim and I turned off our cell phones and un plugged for the cruise, it was a wonderful feeling!
At noon exactly they called boarding numbers 1-3 and those mass of people entered and then about 10 minutes later our boarding group was called, WOO HOO, we were actually getting on the DISNEY DREAM!!!!! I couldn’t believe it!!!
010.jpg

We were carrying on one carry on rolling suitcase with us. Disney allows you to roll on any alcohol so this was stocked with a few bottles of wine and beer to save us money and some bottled water to put in our fridge in the room. We also had my laptop that we carried on with us too.
Here we were rolling onto the ship:
011.jpg

They announced us like we were celebrities and we were greeted by a standing ovation by the cruise staff, goose bumps ran up and down my spine and each of us were smiling from ear to ear and jumping out of our skin with excitement!!!!!!!! We were here, we were really here!!!!!
The kids were thrilled by the portholes (not only was this the first Disney cruise for my kids but this was my kids very first cruise EVER so everything was extra special):
014.jpg

015.jpg

We made our way up to Cabanas for a yummy lunch. In wonderful Disney Cruise line style the characters were everywhere throughout the ship- we realized this quickly as we bumped into Chip and Dale as we came off the elevator (the seeing characters with no line thing was AMAZING throughout the entire cruise):
016.jpg

We made our way into Cabanas and it was beautiful and the buffet was delicious. We ate to our hearts content, yummy prime rib, pork, shrimp, soups, salad, deserts, it was YUMMY. After lunch I reached into the carry on that had our alcohol in it because I had also stashed the kids swimsuits and goggles in it. I had read that when you first get on is a great time to ride the Aquaduck with zero line. We headed to the nearest restroom by the pool and the kids wasted no time getting changed.
It honestly took my breath away when we stepped onto the pool deck. I can’t describe how amazing this ship is, and seeing it in brochures doesn’t do It justice:
017.jpg

They played Disney movies all of the time on that HUGE screen, so cool!
The Mickey pool:
018.jpg

Mickey Slide:
019.jpg

Lauren having fun swimming:
022.jpg

Luke, Matthew and Eric couldn’t wait to ride Aqua duck
020.jpg

At this point I regretted not putting my suit into the carry on : (
The kids headed up:
027.jpg

028.jpg

Luke on the ride:
032.jpg

They had an AMAZING time!
035.jpg

He wasted no time and jumped into the pool:
023.jpg

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST!

At this point we looked at our watches and realized it was after 1:30 p.m, our ROOMS WERE READY!!! So we headed down to check it out. We had booked the cheapest category on the ship, a category 11C, we had an inside cabin with a virtual porthole, we knew we were on deck 2 by the elevators and Enchanted Garden restaurant.
On our way to our room we were greeted by our AMAZING stateroom attendant Helene who would take care of us throughout the week, she was Disney’s finest!
038.jpg

Our ROOM!!!
039.jpg

041.jpg

042.jpg

At first it seemed small but it was a good room. I should have taken pics of the bathroom because it was nicely sized, nice full tub and everything. Tim was amazed by the virtual porthole, he thought it was just Disney characters (which do make appearances) but he was pleasantly surprised by the fact that it was an actual camera showing the scene outside, we LOVED this throughout the ship and weren’t missing a porthole at all. The beds were super comfy, ours felt like a heavenly bed.
The kids wasted no time and wanted to order room service, so we ordered two mickey bars and they were delivered quickly : )
040.jpg

There was a DVC reception we considered going to because they were raffling off a $250 on board credit. Our wonderful stateroom attendant Healine delivered our luggage and Lauren and I got ready for dinner since we wanted to go to the sailing away party after the lifeboat drill and figured that would give us more time. We decided we wanted to explore the ship and forget about the reception so we used our wave phones (each stateroom comes with these two wave phones and you can use them to call or text others on the ship, they are AWESOME!!) to call Diane and Bryan and tell them we didn’t know if we were coming to the DVC presentation. Well………. Our minds changed when they told us they were serving free mamosas (spelling?) and fancy drinks for the kids and handing out free gifts. So…………. We headed over there and drank to our content, it was fun. The kids wanted to explore the kids club so Bryan and Tim took them to do that and Diane and I stayed until the end to see if we won, we didn’t, but we had enough drinks in us that we didn’t care : )
At this point it was time for the lifeboat drill. I took some pics of the beautiful artwork on the way:
044.jpg

045.jpg

The lifeboat drill really was no big deal, Tim got a little wigged out towards the end being that close to everyone for a while, it was nice they don’t make you wear the life jackets anymore. After that we headed up for the SAILING AWAY PARTY!!!
047.jpg

BYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
054.jpg

053.jpg

We ran back down to the room so the boys could get changed for dinner. The great thing about the location of our room is we just took the stairs up one flight (the stairs were right by our room) to the lobby. Our first night dinner was at the Royal Palace on that floor. We climbed the stairs ready for our first dinner on the dream:
057.jpg

Nice live music in the lobby as we waited:
058.jpg

Remy was there (again with NO line!!)
059.jpg

We were so excited for dinner:
060.jpg

061.jpg

We were pleased to see that Disney honored our request to sit together with Diane, Bryan and family and we were the only ones at our table. The restaurant was BEAUTIFUL. Our servers were amazing. We had Ana from Croatia as our assistant server and Zoe from the United Kingdom (I could listen to her talk all day ) as our head server. They took amazing care of us throughout the entire cruise. Zoe was so cute,picture a young Lindsay Lohan in Parent Trap, that was HER!!!
Luke, seated and ready for dinner:
062.jpg

Lauren and Luke quickly traded in their kids menus for adult menus (we did this throughout the cruise):
063.jpg

Our meal here was GREAT! I quickly learned I should have listened to Zoe’s suggestions. She suggested the rack of lamb and I tried it and it was AMAZING!! I had some sort of beef that was very good, but his lamb was outstanding. Overall we had a great meal. From start to finish the entire experience was about 2 hours, but it didn’t seem that long. At the start of the meal Zoe told Lauren that the princesses will appear from time to time. Lauren was THRILLED when Princess Tiana came through:
064.jpg

Isn’t she just gorgeous!!!
Luke with his desert:
065.jpg

After dinner the kids were itching to go into the kids club so we headed up there and looked who we bumped into in the stairwell:
066.jpg

When I dropped them off it was my first time to see the club and OMG I now saw why they wanted up there so badly. When they go in they put their hands in these automatic hand washing machines, INCREDIBLE:
067.jpg

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST!

Some pics of the club:
069.jpg

Luke having fun right away:
070.jpg

071.jpg

Interactive play floor (they did a TON with this and many times characters like Captain Hook or Lilo/Stitch came in too)
072.jpg

Is this place AMAZING or what!!!???
073.jpg

Lauren in Pixie Hollow Heaven:
074.jpg

The Monster’s Inc. Area:
076.jpg

Andy’s room was outstanding:
077.jpg

078.jpg

079.jpg

There was even a Mrs. Potato Head in there that was interactive, the trunk was full of accessories, hats, eyes, etc. and you could actually decorate her and she was HUGE, so cool!

So while the kids were playing Tim and I explored the adults only areas of the ship but first we enjoyed just sitting out on deck 4 taking in the sites:
083.jpg

082.jpg

Then we headed to the clubs. Pink was first, I thought it was beautiful in here:
084.jpg

We sat down and met up with Diane and Bryan. The boys felt a little uncomfortable in here, especially when they asked what beers were on tap and they didn’t have beer in that bar, just champagne. I loved it, very pretty, but we moved to the sports bar area for the guys which was another really nice place:
085.jpg

086.jpg

We enjoyed some great drinks and AWESOME laughs with our friends:
089.jpg

After a few hours we decided it had been a long day and we should probably get the kids. On the way I took pictures of all of the beautiful adults only club areas:
087.jpg

088.jpg

Picture of the gorgeous lobby on the way to get the kids:
090.jpg

When we got there we told them who we were there to pick up, they looked on their GPS and told me Lauren was in Pixie Hollow and Luke was in Andy’s room, AMAZING technology I tell ya! So we found Lauren in Pixie Hollow and SURPRISE SURPRISE she didn’t want to leave:
091.jpg

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

Sarge from Toy Story had shown up in Andy’s Room and hidden monkeys all over as a scavenger hunt for the kids which Luke LOVED:
092.jpg

We headed up to Deck 11 for some ice cream, HEY WHY NOT!!!
094.jpg

Then we saw there was no line for the aqua duck so we ran down and got our suits on and took our first family ride. OMG this ride all lit up at night is AMAZING, we had SO MUCH FUN!!!
After that we were ready to hunker down for the night. The amazing Healine had made up our beds for the evening:
Our fun animal :
096.jpg

Bed all turned down and looking comfy:
099.jpg

Kids beds, Lauren Is on the bottom bunk:
098.jpg

Luke on the top, there were STARS on the ceiling above his bed:
097.jpg

OF COURSE we had to kick the first night off right and order more room service. Tim found something on the room service menu that was instantly my favorite and I ordered it every night. It was a cheese and cracker plate with YUMMY cheeses included fresh blue cheese which I love, grapes, crackers, etc. soooooo yummy and perfect with a glass of wine before bed every night. We ordered warm chocolate chip cookies and milk for the kids:
100.jpg

Talk about SWEET dreams : )
101.jpg

NextEpisode32010640x480-1-1.jpg

CLICK HERE FOR THE NEXT INSTALLMENT!!:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=41851247#post41851247

Just started reading! Love the TR so far!

Im excited to read more about your time on the Dream because a)I have never been on a cruise and b) the Dream looks SPECTACULAR!!

OK, I am so booking a cruise!

When I saw this photo, I thought you were going to say the lovely lady in the colorful dress who seems to be posing was in your party. :lmao:
007.jpg

I wish adults could play in the kids club! That place looks awesome!

Having never cruised before - did you get charged for the nightly room service?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter