Timandlesley's The Sum of Our Thrills TR w/ tons of pics&video 9/27 PTR link pg.58

Your camera must have been pixie-dusted, Dana!:tink:How fun, that you were in the same place at the same time as Leslie & Luke!

Hi Lesley,

You mentioned several times that you would post a link to your photos at the end of your report. I was wondering if you had been able to do this yet. I know you are busy getting back to work.

Michelle

As always I enjoyed your TR soooooo much!!!
The pics are wonderful, esp the Main st Elec
Parade ones. Thanks for always sharing these
fabulous disney experiences here on the diz!!!:goodvibes
So glad you enjoyed it!

Lesley, your parade pics put mine to SHAME! OMG, I LOVE that picture you took of Bryan and I and I NEVER like pictures I am in! Thank you so much for posting that!:goodvibes Can you email it to me?:thumbsup2
Too funny, yes, I do love that camera, makes it worth lugging it around. Email me about the pic and I'll send it to ya : )
Thanks for the fun report on MK, it never is a bad thing to finish up a trip at the MK. I love how your pictures of the parade have the castle in the background. Very pretty. Lauren looks so cute in her kimono. Both families look like they are so happy. How nice of you to find some great Disney friends.
Looking forward to your PTR. Hope the beginning of your school year goes smoothly. For you and the kids.:)
I'm glad you enjoyed the TR, we did have a great time.

Those last moments in Disney are so bittersweet. But you know you'lll be back soon Great report! Looking forward to the next one
Glad you enjoyed it, another one coming up before you know it.
Thanks for another great report! I've lurked on this TR and read several of your past reports. Thanks for all the tips and Disney secrets I've learned from your experiences. Your beautiful family's love for all things Disney shines through in all your reports. Thanks for taking the time to write them.

Enjoy your adults-only trip this fall and I can't wait to hear about the surprise trip this winter. I gathered from your podcast video that you're cruising next summer. Lots of fun things to look forward to!

Well, thanks for posting, happy to hear you enjoyed them. I can't wait until our trip in November. Yes, we are going on our first Disney cruise next June on the DREAM, can't wait!
What a nice ending! Lauren looked so cute in her Kimono! You are the second person to say they had bad service at Kona for dinner....hmmmmm. Glad you got to see the parade. Sorry about the fireworks...I missed them too on our last trip! Can't wait to hear more about F&WF!!! Have a great start to school (double sniff)!!!:teacher: I go back on the 7th!
I just love her in that Kimono : ) The first night at Kona we had a wonderful server, the second time, not so much : ) Thanks, school is off and running!

What an great last night! Lauren looks great in her Komono. I love how the pictures of the parade have the Castle in the background. What a great location! Sad you trip is coming to an end and hope you have a good first day back at work!

Looking forward to your TR in November! Will there be a PTR?
It was a great last night, glad you enjoyed that. Don't know about a PTR, but a TR for sure!

Sounds like a wonderful last night shared with good friends and food! I'm so excited to see the MSEP, I enjoyed your pictures! Bummer about the crowds and fireworks though.
Thanks, it was so fun!
Great TR!! So sad it's over with! Yours is by the far the best one I have read so far!! Can't wait to see what's in store for your November trip. We are going in early October for the Halloween/fall decorations, but I would love to go and see the xmas decorations! Have a blast on your couples only trip!! You guys seem like great parents that deserve it!!
Thanks so much, glad you enjoyed it. You will love October, we did that for the first time last year (TR link in my signature), it was a blast!
Your pictures of the parade were awesome.

I love the one with the White Rabbit

Lauren looked so cute in her Kimono

Poor Luke at dinner. Glad he cheered back up

Thanks so much for sharing your Trip with us

Looking forward to your next one

and Congrats to Tim on winning the Contest :thumbsup2
I love that pic of the rabbit in front of the castle too, glad you enjoyed the TR. Thanks for your vote for the contest!
Aww, what an awesome last night! I love little Miss Kimodo! I loved looking back at your TR from 2006! I remembered your mom and dad surprising you! how fun! Looking forward to the photopass pics

Oh, and congrats to Tim on winning the FB contest! They had no idea they were up against the DIS!
Your NY trip sounds wonderful! Glad it was so fun!
I enjoyed your podcast video! Your cruise will be so awesome! pirate:
Glad you enjoyed the old TR, that was a wonderful surprise, see what I mean about the kids growing up over the years of these TR!?! Thanks for the FB votes, we are thrilled he won! Can't wait for the cruise!

What a great last night ! I love going to the Poly. Your Electrical Parade pics were amazing. Sorry to see the trip report come to an end ... thank goodness you have another trip right around the corner.
It was a wonderful last night, glad you enjoyed it!

Enjoyed your TR! Best wishes for a successful school year!
Glad you enjoyed it. The year is off to a great start!

What a nice end to your trip!

And when are you going in November? We will be there Nov. 6-14 & at Beach Club, too!
Glad you enjoyed it. We are there Nov. 11-14th, if you see us be SURE to say hi. We're at the Boardwalk actually.
I like to end my vacations with a parade and fireworks. Too bad you didn't get to see the fireworks, but I understand not wanting to be in huge crowds. I really would like to see that parade, it looks fun.

Lauren looked so cute in her kimono. I guess she couldn't hula hoop very well in it. So sad about Luke, he sounds so sweet. I am glad he ended up happy in the end.

Can't wait to see your final pictures.
Yeah, bummer about the fireworks, but the parade was fun. Yeah, I had her take the Kimono off on the monorail. Luke is my sweetheart.
Thanks for sharing your great trip with us Lesley. I am looking forward to reading about your trip in November.
You are quite welcome, glad you enjoyed it.

I am sad your trip is over. I always enjoy reading your trip reports and how much your family enjoys going each year. I wish my dh was like Tim in that he could go to Disney every year til death do us part, but he doesn't like to keep visiting the same place over and over when he feels there is so much more to see elsewhere
I look forward to reading about your adventures with and without the kids. You have a precious family - thanks for sharing them with all of us here!
Michelle
Glad you enjoyed it. Yes, LOVE that Disney is in love with Disney as much as I am, although we are to the point where the rush of the parks day after day does wear, so we like the pool time and are REALLY looking forward to teh cruise!

Poor Luke. My husband's grandson is 14 but is very small. His 12 year old sister is several inches taller than him. When they were all here this summer we took the whole bunch out for lunch at Steak and Shake - there were the 2 of us, our 3 boys (16 - 20), my step-son, his wife and their two kids. The waitress gives everybody - except Nathan, an adult menu - even Mandy. Nathan told her "I'm 14", and she just chuckled and left the child's menu anyway "just in case he wanted to look at it too". She did grab him a regular menu when we asked her to. You could tell she did not believe he was 14. Of course, he was upset for the whole meal, so he didn't eat much - which I'm sure only convinced her that he should have had the kid's meal to begin with. My step-son is Navy and is gone alot. On top of that for the past couple years him and his wife have been separated. They talked of getting a divorce. I think my step-son was having an early mid-life crisis. Apparently he had a girlfriend, but his paycheck still went to the family account and he told his wife when he would take out money so she could still maintain the balance. It was a bizarre situation and I'm sure all of that uncertainty in their lives really messed with Nathan, who developed stomach issues, wouldn't eat, missed lots of school. They really encourage him to eat as much as he can now, hoping now that things have settled down he will start to thrive. So getting him too upset to eat was not how we wanted that day to go :rolleyes1
Wow, what a story. Yes, I felt badly for him, but we ended up having a great night.

I've really enjoyed your TR. Lauren was so cute in her kimono/kimodo. These years with her & Luke will always be treasured. Just keep them in mind when they pass through the dark ages that are the teen years. After those years the kids are wonderful again! :lovestruc

After seeing your Cleos I thought I would get a pair of them. I hate Crocs, but these sandals are fantastic. Thanks for the tip! :flower3:
So glad you enjoyed the TR, I treasure these years for sure! LOVE my Cleo's, wear them ALL the time!!

Lesley, as usual you've supplied us with such a wonderful read and I'm sad to see it come to an end.

I am very much looking forward to the photopass pictures! I'm sure there are some great ones.

I hope this is a good school year for you! And that your trip in November is here before you know it!!!

Oh, before I forget, congrats on the win Tim! I admit I'm a little proud to have contributed to that effort. :goodvibes
I'm so glad that you enjoyed it, posting the photopass pics soon. It has been a great school year so far, can't wait for November. Thanks for your FB votes!!!!:thumbsup2
Lesley ~ Thanks for sharing another fantastic trip with us! Even though you didn't get to see the fireworks, MSEP is a great way to end the evening...I love that parade!!! Can't wait for your photopass pics...I'm sure they're great! :)
So glad you enjoyed the TR, thanks for reading along!

What a great trip report (and mini NY trip report too). I really enjoyed it...especially since we recently returned from our trip. Your MSEP pictures are terrific...you must have a much better camera than me! I have a Panasonic Lumix but my pics are just ok from the parade.

Anyway, I will definitely look for your next report! :thumbsup2
So glad you enjoyed it. Love our camera, it's a recent purchase, a Canon Rebel Xsi. I need a better zoom lense though.

So sad that this tr is ending, I've so enjoyed reading it! But glad another is just around the corner.

Congratulations to Tim for winning the contest!

Oh my, first I see you with a Dole Whip and then with a Lapu Lapu, two of my most favorite things, and as I posted about the Dole Whip earlier I will be having a Lapu Lapu very soon! Our last meal at the world is also at Kona Cafe.

Terri
So glad you enjoyed the TR. Hope you have or had a great trip!
Beautiful parade pics!

Looks like you had fun on your last day. :)
Happy you enjoyed the pics, it was a great last day.

So sad that your TR is over, but you are going to have such a great time on your couples-only trip!

Poor Luke! Connor was so ready to be able to order off the adults-only when he turned ten, but I sure miss the kids' prices.

Great last night seeing the parade and hanging out with Diane and family!!!

Looking forward to the Photopass pics and hope you have a great start to the school year.
Can't wait for the couples only trip, it will be hard on the kids but Tim and I are excited. I will miss the kids prices too for sure!

Enjoyed reading another Tim and Lesley TR! It's always a nice feeling when you can get through a vacation without any major setbacks or problems. It's not a sad event for you guys though, that your TR is over, because you have another trip coming soon. :woohoo:
So glad you enjoyed it!

So sad another fantastic TR is ending but super excited an adults F&W/holiday decorations trip is in the works! :yay: Thanks for sharing your trip with us. Can't wait for the next one! :)
Thank you, glad you enjoyed it, more to come from us soon.

Great update! What a great trip you had! Thanks for sharing! Enjoy your adults only trip this November! I'm tagging along with my hubby on a business trip to Orlando next month, so we'll have a nice little adults only trip too!

Can't wait for your photo pass pics!
Happy you enjoyed the last update. Hope you guys have a great tip too!

Sorry to reference this so late, havent had much time to Dis since being back at work. Trying to catch up today!

We were supposed to go back Mon, Aug 2 and have Open House Registration on that Thursday, Aug 5....but we were furloughed for Mon and Tues, so we went back Wed and had 1 day to get ready! It was crzy. I went up to school for a few hours on 2 days before in July to get as much ready as I could. The kids started back Mon, Aug 9 and we just had our Open House Curriculum Night this past Thursday.

Anyway, things are crazy, of course, as they always the first few weeks. Hope things slow down for me soon and hope all goes well the first few weeks for you!
Sounds crazy! Hope things are better now.
Saw the video...what was the answer to Tim's question about the alcohol? Just curious for future reference... :)
You know, now I forget but I think they said you can bring alcohol on the ship in a suitcase, we plan on bringing a few bottles of wine and probably a case of beer in a rolling suitcase.

Ok, all caught up now! I started back on pg 41...so I had lots of good updates to read. Looking forward to the Photopass photos. Great trip, great TR! Totally enjoyed it, as usual! Will you be doing a pre TR for your Nov trip or Feb trip?

Hope the first week of school goes well for you!
Glad you are all caught up and enjoyed it. I don't know about Pre TR's, but TR's for sure!

Lesley, and Tim - So sad your T.R. is coming to a close. Have so enjoyed "being with you" on your trip! Thank you for sharing your time with all of us!

Lauren looks beautiful in her blue kimono with her hair all done up, and I really like Luke's Ratatouille t-shirt. The Poly photo in front of the lagoon is frameable (as is the one of Diane & Brian), and all of the pics are great - as always!

Impressed with the kids hula-hooping ability...I never mastered that sport! Unlike your kiddos, I look like a complete dork when I try! :rotfl:

Sorry to hear you missed the fireworks on your last night, but so glad you were able to see the Electrical Parade and spend the evening with your dear friends - so fun! I'm excited to hear the Electrical Parade should still be running when we're there in Nov! :woohoo:

Looking forward to your photopass update! popcorn::
So glad you enjoyed it. My kids are hula hooping pro's, wish I was that good : ) Update coming soon!

I almost forgot something...CONGRATULATIONS TIM on your win!! :cool1::dance3::woohoo: So happy for you!! :yay:

Also - Lesley, will you be posting a pre-trip report for your November adventure???
Thanks!!! We are soooo excited he won, thanks for your vote! I don't know if I'll do a PTR as most of the planning is already done but I will do a TR for sure!

Great trip report as always!! So sad that it's over! Will you guys be going to the Indy DIS meet?! I think I'll be going and bringing along some delicious puppy chow. Hope the beginning of the school year goes great for all of you, I start bright and early tomorrow!

Can't wait for the next report!

Kristen
So happy you enjoyed it. No, we couldn't do the Dis meet this year, we had a lot of stuff going on that weekend. Maybe next year!

Great recap of your last day!

I love that Lauren wore her kimono to the Kona dinner! So cute!!!:lovestruc
And what a dear boy you have in Luke...so glad his disappointment in not getting off the kids menu for the evening was short-lived.:)
How great that you could change your plans to spend the last nite with Bryan and Diane's family.
Love that photo you took of Bryan & Diane, and also the photo you took of the castle before it got dark.
You also got some nice photos of the Parade.
So sorry you had to leave before the Fireworks. I agree with you - it would have been much nicer to go out with a "bang" on your last nite and stick around for them. Like you, I have been dragged out of the parks many times when I seemed to be the only one who wanted to stay, so I can definitely sympathize!:sad2:

Can't wait to see your Photopass pictures - I am sure you got some awesome ones!!!:goodvibes
So glad you enjoyed the TR and the final update. Yeah, wished we could have seen the fireworks but with future trips in the works I can't complain.
I really enjoyed reading your TR, Lesley! I didn't realize that the F & W was going an extra week or two into November! Wow! That is great! I will miss it this year!!! YUM!!!! :goodvibes Sounds like fun for you! I really enjoy Cape May too. Such a pretty place!! Looks like you all had a great time there, too!

Really great photos of the parade and it is just so clear how much fun you all have as a family together!! :goodvibes

When is your February Surprise trip?

Hope the school year starts smoothly!!
Thanks, so glad you enjoyed it. can't WAIT for Food and Wine Festival, it should be so much fun! The end of Feb (25-28th)

Found this and just had to post...so not only were we at MK the same day...(I also think you were in line with us for toy story mania) I found this while going thru pics I had on a different camera. Look on the left...
GEDC0087.jpg
THAT IS TOOOOOOO FUNNY!!!!! Wish you could have seen us at the time to say hello!

Dana! How fun that Lesley and Luke were "extras" in your pic! Too bad you didn't meet up!
I know, that is SO funny!

Ha! That's awesome!!!
HALARIOUS!

What a great ending to a great TR as always. Looking forward to your PTR. Have a wonderful school year and congrats to Tim.:thumbsup2
So glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for reading/posting.

That picture is so cool! I always wonder how many pictures our family has been extras in over the years!;)
That is hysterical.
Danagirl, you saw a celebrity in Disneyworld! ;)
You are giving us WAY too much credit : )

Your camera must have been pixie-dusted, Dana!:tink:How fun, that you were in the same place at the same time as Leslie & Luke!
So funny!
Hi Lesley,

You mentioned several times that you would post a link to your photos at the end of your report. I was wondering if you had been able to do this yet. I know you are busy getting back to work.

Michelle
I will do it, sorry things have been CRAZY!
Yes, we are waiting too. ;0 ) Always love your adventures. thanks for sharing. What an awesome family you have!
Coming right up!

Hi guys, I am SO terribly sorry it has taken me so long to get the Photopass pics up.
Some updates since I last posted.
We adopted a Golden Retreiver from the Golden Rescue, we LOVE her. Her name is "Daisy" (name she came with) and Mickey LOVES her too. Here they are (Daisy is the curly one on the left):
daisy.jpg

We adopted her the weekend before I went back to work.
I am now back at work full time, kids are 3 weeks into their school year and Luke is playing soccer, Lauren is cheerleading and we are busy constantly.
I applied for the Disney Mom's Club Panel AGAIN this year, I have no idea what they are looking for but I figured I'd put my name in the hat again, you all KNOW that would be a dream come true for me - say a little prayer I make it to the second round :thumbsup2
Here are some of the Photopass pics I promised you. There aren't any WONDERFUL ones, but some of them are pretty good. ENJOY!
Photo0167Medium.jpg

Photo0164Medium.jpg

The following are the ones from our Photopass session after our date night and too much alcohol, YES Bryan is laughing because Tim is holding his butt cheek in this picture : )
Photo0161Medium2.jpg

Photo0160Medium.jpg

Things just got a little crazy from there:
Photo0158Medium.jpg

O.K, some serious shots please : )
Photo0153Medium.jpg

Photo0152Small.jpg

Photo0151Medium2.jpg

Photo0148Medium.jpg

Photo0145Medium2.jpg

Some park pics:
This one was of Lauren and I on our day in Epcot together, this photographer was horrible and couldn't even hold the camera straight:
Epcot night:
Photo0116Medium.jpg

Photo0134Medium2.jpg

I like this one:
Photo0113Medium.jpg

Photo0112Medium2.jpg

LOVE these Donald ones:
Photo0109Medium.jpg

Photo0108Medium2.jpg

Photo0106Medium2.jpg

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST!

Here are some the day Lauren and I waited to see the Princesses:
Photo0090Medium2.jpg

Photo0088Medium.jpg

Photo0087Medium2.jpg

I just wasn't too impressed with this cindy:
Photo0083Medium2.jpg

Aurora:
Photo0080Medium.jpg

Photo0078Medium.jpg

Me and my girl in front of the castle (the morning we split from the boys to hit Fantasyland):
Photo0075Medium2.jpg

Photo0069Medium2.jpg

Photo0067Medium2.jpg

Family shot (not the best):
Photo0065Medium2.jpg

Photo0044Medium2.jpg

We took these at Epcot one night, can you tell Luke is enjoying this hug from Lauren : )
Photo0035Medium.jpg

Would LOVE this if Lauren's hand wouldn't have blocked Luke:
Photo0031Medium.jpg

Can't decide which border I like best:
Photo0029Medium.jpg

Photo0030Medium2.jpg

These were the ones of Lauren and Snow White that night at Biergarten:
Photo0020Medium.jpg

Photo0019Medium2.jpg

Photo0017Medium2.jpg

One at Animal Kingdom:
Photo0014Medium.jpg

Princess Tiana pics:
Photo0005Medium.jpg

Photo0003Medium.jpg

So............ that's all folks.
Our next trip is fast approaching (November 11-14th) just Tim and I at the Boardwalk (can't wait to stay there) for Food and Wine Festival AND for me to see the Christmas decorations, Osborne lights, etc. for the FIRST time, can't wait!!!! Be on the lookout for that TR, I may do a PTR, depending on how many of you would be interested.
Thanks for sticking with us, you guys make all of this effort worth it, thanks!!!!!
Lesley

Great Photopass pictures! The one of Lauren with Tink is very sweet!!

I'd be interested in a PTR! :goodvibes I hope you enjoy the Boardwalk - we just got back from there and LOVED it.

great pictures!! I like the red border on the family pic by the way :thumbsup2

I'd read a PTR. I think you have an awful lot of readers that would as well. But no pressure. Your trip is fast approaching, so if you need someplace to jot down then the DIS could be that place. No pressure on updating :thumbsup2

Wonderful pictures! Your children are just beautiful & you seem to have a very loving family. I would love to read another TR!

Oh, & I'll look for you and Tim this November!

Great pics Lesley. We just filled out the application to adopt a Golden from Golden Retrievers In Need. We have never had a dog so hopefully they do not hold that against us. My kids are really excited.

Great Photopass pics!!!

You know if you write a PTR, I will be there!

Good luck on the moms' panel -- I think you would be just perfect for it!

Love the photopass pictures! I think you got a lot of good ones!!

Count me in for a PTR and TR! ::yes::

Good luck with the mom's panel!! :goodvibes

H
Our next trip is fast approaching (November 11-14th) just Tim and I at the Boardwalk (can't wait to stay there) for Food and Wine Festival AND for me to see the Christmas decorations, Osborne lights, etc. for the FIRST time, can't wait!!!! Be on the lookout for that TR, I may do a PTR, depending on how many of you would be interested.
Thanks for sticking with us, you guys make all of this effort worth it, thanks!!!!!
Lesley

Loved all the Photopass pics - we never seem to stop and get them taken. had to get a bunch of borders on ours last time to get our disc up to 89 shots. Dont remember how many different poses that was - less than 40 for sure.

We will overlap a couple days on your next trip. DH and I are also staying at Boardwalk....we'll be there Nov 7 - 12. We stayed there last year at the same time, but the weekends must have fallen differently because the Sunday we checked in was the last night of F&W. This year its going on the whole week. We are going because that is also the week of the Children's Miracle Network Golf Tourny and DH wants to go watch that.

If you do a PTR I will be watching for it...

Great update! Love all the photopass pics and borders!! You guys really looked like you are making magical memories.

CAN'T WAIT for you upcoming trip report for November!! DH and I are dreaming of taking a very similar trip in 2 years for our 10 year anniversary...no kids...3 nights...similar time to see Christmas decorations and such. Do you mind me asking how much it cost you? Are you doing a package or probably something different since you are DVC owners? I'd really like to stay somewhere nicer than a value with DH for that trip but we'll have to figure out all the numbers when the time comes :)

Great update! Love all the photopass pics and borders!! You guys really looked like you are making magical memories.

CAN'T WAIT for you upcoming trip report for November!! DH and I are dreaming of taking a very similar trip in 2 years for our 10 year anniversary...no kids...3 nights...similar time to see Christmas decorations and such. Do you mind me asking how much it cost you? Are you doing a package or probably something different since you are DVC owners? I'd really like to stay somewhere nicer than a value with DH for that trip but we'll have to figure out all the numbers when the time comes :)

Oh...and I will be praying for good results for the mom's panel!!:thumbsup2

That is exciting news about adopting Daisy ! She is adorable ! We have one golden and I have thought about getting another one myself.

Loved the photopass pics ! I would definitely be in for the PTR. With one teenage driver in my house now and college looming on the horizon I am having to enjoy Disney vicariously thru my DIS friends.

Hope to get back to the world soon!

Thank you so much for this report! PLEASE do a PTR for your next trip! I LIVE for your TRs!

Also, do you have any trip reports from when the kids were younger? I know you mentioned taking Lauren when she was 2 years old.

I just had a not so great trip with my 2 yr old a couple of weeks ago.

Here are some the day Lauren and I waited to see the Princesses:
Photo0090Medium2.jpg

Photo0088Medium.jpg

Photo0087Medium2.jpg

I just wasn't too impressed with this cindy:
Photo0083Medium2.jpg

Aurora:
Photo0080Medium.jpg

Photo0078Medium.jpg

Me and my girl in front of the castle (the morning we split from the boys to hit Fantasyland):
Photo0075Medium2.jpg

Photo0069Medium2.jpg

Photo0067Medium2.jpg

Family shot (not the best):
Photo0065Medium2.jpg

Photo0044Medium2.jpg

We took these at Epcot one night, can you tell Luke is enjoying this hug from Lauren : )
Photo0035Medium.jpg

Would LOVE this if Lauren's hand wouldn't have blocked Luke:
Photo0031Medium.jpg

Can't decide which border I like best:
Photo0029Medium.jpg

Photo0030Medium2.jpg

These were the ones of Lauren and Snow White that night at Biergarten:
Photo0020Medium.jpg

Photo0019Medium2.jpg

Photo0017Medium2.jpg

One at Animal Kingdom:
Photo0014Medium.jpg

Princess Tiana pics:
Photo0005Medium.jpg

Photo0003Medium.jpg

So............ that's all folks.
Lesley

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter