Timandlesley's November PTR: No Kids/No Judging : ) TR UP, Link pg.13!!!

Hi Lesley, I am so glad to hear your okay that is wonderful news! I am so excited to read this trip report. My husband and I did a couples trip two years ago and while we felt a little guilty we had a great time, very different Disney experience. You will love it!:cool1:

So GOOD, Lesley, bring on this trip, you sooo need it!!!
Were the pains you experienced due to this condition??
Glad all is well!!......got my magical express
tags too!!
Thanks, can't wait! We think the pain was brought on by walking both dogs when they pulled me real hard at the same time when a squirrel darted in our path. WOO HOO for your express tags!:thumbsup2

Great news Lesley!!!!
THANKS!

Fantastic news!!!
THANK YOU!
I am so happy for you ... what a relief:hug:
A relief indeed! Thanks!

Great News

Seeing your Magical Express passes gave me warm fuzzies inside!!!!
Thanks, gave me the warm fuzzies too : )
Great news, Lesley! What a relief!!!

Hurray for ME tags!
HUGE relief!!! Thanks!

Lesley, I'm so relieved for your great news from the doctor--AMEN!
Thanks so much, AMEN!!!!

Thank you for updating us so quickly! I have been checking this thread constantly for news! I KNEW it would be okay. Those kids NEED you!!! So does Tim. So do we, to keep taking your trips and writing excellent reports! :)
You are welcome, thanks for your prayers and good thoughts and concern. Thank you!!!

Wonderful news
THANKS!

Praise God everything is A-OK!!!

And WOO-HOO for Mickey Mail! When those ME tags come you know your trip is getting close!
Tahnk you!!! Getting VERY close now!

Hooray for the answered prayers. I bet you slept good last night. Enjoy the beautiful weekend Lesley and family!

Yes I certainly did, thanks!
Lesley...how does this ME really work??
Are your bags in your room on arrival or
can there be up to a 3 hour wait like the
tags say?? I hope not as we don't arrive
till 7pm and I would hate to have to wait
for those bags till 10 pm!!!!:confused3
They are in your bags about 2-3 hours after your flight touches down. Hopefully yours will be there before ten but we always have a carry on with what we need right away.

Yea for the answered prayers!!!! I was so excited to hear your news and I don't even know you! What a blessing.

By the way, I just got an email from Browns on 5th (Google them if you aren't familiar with the store) and they are having a special on Vera Bradley. You get free shipping, no sales tax and free monogramming. I, personally, have never seen a sale with a percent off for Vera bags. IMO, the Brown's sale is pretty great. I have ordered from them a couple of times and they are quick with good customer svc. I always carry a Vera backpack on our Disney trips, LOVE them!!! My latest one is the Fruit Punch pattern (super cute!). It was essential to have my hands free when our kids were tiny and now it's just really convenient!

Enjoy planning your trip. I know I enjoy hearing your plans. Our family will be there shortly before you guys. We can't wait!!!
Thanks, still looking for an awesome Vera Deal, the money just isn't here to spend 75 on a backpack, I may just use the hipster i have already. I hope you have a great trip too!

Congrats on the great news!

Now celebrate with a new bag!
THANKS!!!

Vera Bradley has some great sales when colors and styles are retiring...just have to keep checking. Also, if you are on facebook, become their fan, they have great sales exclusive for facebook fans. Like yesterday, you could take an extra 30% off the already marked down sale items, plus free shipping of orders over $50. And about once a week, they have a special bag or color that is on sale just for that day.

Leslie, glad you received good results from the doctor! I read your original post, and was thinking about you guys, but didn't post. Now onto happier things...enjoy Disney on Ice with Lauren!
I saw that facebook thing a day late, BUMMER!!! We had a GREAT time at Disney on Ice, it was wonderful!

Just getting all caught up! Looks like a great trip planned so far! It will lots of fun going to Diane and Bryan plus being kid free and F&W Festival/Christmad Decorations.

I am so glad that your CT results came back ok.
Can't wait!!!!!! Thanks!

Well I just made it over here to your PTR! How fun to go to the F & W solo! That is a great time to go as a couple for sure! So looking forward to hearing all about it, and I am sure the four of you will have a tremendous time. Glad to hear everything is okay with you and it is full steam ahead with the planning for your getaway. Looking forward to it!
:goodvibes
Glad you found us again, can't wait!!!

So happy for the good news Lesley! I hope the pain stops, though, too.
Thanks, I am pain free now and ready for Disney!!!

Glad to hear everything will be ok. So exciting to receive the ME tags.
THANKS!!!
Hi, Lesley! I just found this report, so I'm subscribing now!! I can't wait to read all about y'alls adventures! You're going to love the BoardWalk. Mike and I stayed there on our very first DVC stay and fell in love! Being so close to Epcot and MGM is awesome!!

I'm glad to hear that everything came out okay with the scans! I'm sure that was a huge sigh of relief!

Can't wait for more!
Can't wait for the Boardwalk, hoping to switch there or Beach Club for our June trip after our cruise, the kids are dying to stay there. Yes, HUGE sigh of relief!! Glad you found us for another trip!

Praise God! I've thought about you quite a bit over the past few days - I'm so glad everything is OK!!!
Thanks!!!

So happy to hear that you are okay and that nothing is wrong!
Thank you!!
I just got all caught up. Very happy to hear that you alright.
Thank you, me too : )
Hi Lesley, I am so glad to hear your okay that is wonderful news! I am so excited to read this trip report. My husband and I did a couples trip two years ago and while we felt a little guilty we had a great time, very different Disney experience. You will love it!:cool1:
Thanks, I can't wait!

Well, we will be in Disney in 27 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:cool1::banana::yay:
I can't believe it.
We've had a lot going on here on the home front. Lauren turned 7 on Monday, we had an INCREDIBLE party:
227.jpg

213.jpg

198.jpg

Luke had a great time at the party : ) : )
190.jpg

Lauren wanted her ears pierced for her bday, so we took her and she did GREAT! She looks so stinkin' grown up, I can't believe it.
My mom's gift to her was Princess on Ice Tickets, Lauren put on her Tiana dress for the show:
128.jpg

We had a GREAT time at the show!!!
Today was bosses day and the ladies that work for me at school bought me lunch and a gift card for a massage and this beauty:
disneyglobe.jpg

I LOVE IT! It plays "grim grimming ghosts", soooooo cool!

On the planning end, I still can't decide about the dining plan. Our itinerary will be:
Thursday (arrival day) we'll be at Epcot for Food and Wine Festival
I have a reservation for Teppan Edu that night but I can't imagine us sitting down for dinner instead of enjoying all the World Showcase food.

Friday- We will be at Hollywood Studios that's the night we will be seeing the Osborne Lights (can't wait!!!) I have a ressie for Yachtsman steakhouse written down that night but don't know how that can work with the lights, I'm waiting to hear back from Diane to see if she booked it a different night - if she didn't then the dining plan won't be worth it and we'll probably only do a sit down or two total. I do have a ressie for Chefs De France for lunch on this day, don't know if we'll do that or not.

Saturday is the only day there isn't a Christmas party at the Magic Kingdom so we want to get over there to see the castle lights. It is EMH that night so the crowds will be INSANE so I don't know how long I want to stay at the park that night because I'd rather be strolling around World Showcase on our last night drink in hand........ we'll see what happens. I have a reservation for LeCellier for lunch on Saturday, maybe we'll do that.
Right now I'm waiting to hear back from Diane to see what she has scheduled, and then I'll talk to Tim and we'll have to decide if the dining plan will be worth it or not.

I'm already stressing about the logistics of all the stuff we need to have for the kids. They have school Thurs and Friday and Tim's mom will be here. I worry about snacks packed, notes for car riders on Friday, planners signed, homework, and the bag they will need for my mom's Friday night and Saturday night - I know it will all come together when the time comes.
I'll keep you guys updated, I am getting SO excited!!!!
Enjoy your weekend!
-Lesley

Great update! It is a dilemma whether the DDP will work with Food and Wine. Wish I had the answer for you!

Lauren is so pretty! Reminds me of my daughter who will turn 7 on Dec 5! We are having a spa party for her at a local salon. Hair, nails, facials. Laurens party looks really nice -- very put together! Did you bring out all her dress up stuff or did the girls bring theirs as well? Would love to hear more about it!

Have a great weekend!

Great update! It is a dilemma whether the DDP will work with Food and Wine. Wish I had the answer for you!

Lauren is so pretty! Reminds me of my daughter who will turn 7 on Dec 5! We are having a spa party for her at a local salon. Hair, nails, facials. Laurens party looks really nice -- very put together! Did you bring out all her dress up stuff or did the girls bring theirs as well? Would love to hear more about it!

Have a great weekend!
The party was at a local place called "The Enchanted Village" , it is INCREDIBLE, I have the photo's and tons of detail on facebook, don't know if you are a friend on there or not, if not, look me up : )
Lesley

Oh my goodness...her party looks just perfect! Perfect for the princess she is!!

I'd love to be "friends" on facebook! Message me your last name and I'll look you up!:)

Hi Lesley,
So glad everything turned out well with the tests:cool1:My hubby and I did an adults only Disney trip in Sept for our anniversary (15). I thought I would go insane with the logistics for the kids with activities and soccer practices and playoffs and homework and piano practicing:scared1:Once we were on the plane I had to let the control freak in me let it all go and whatever happened happened. It all worked out even when our 6 yr old was sobbing on the phone telling us how much she missed us the 2nd night and we were gone for 5:eek:She stopped crying the minute I asked her about the gifts she wanted us to bring her home:rotfl2:She was the same child who asked if I would do the "Kissing Hand" for her before we left and I replied "I'm always in your heart, not just in a kiss on your hand, all the memories you have of us together, all the fun we have, all the love I have for you...." I had tears in my eyes at this point and she replies with a straight face..."all the times you yelled at me!":lmao::lmao:Never laughed so hard in all my life!

Just make lots of lists, to help with the kids stuff. Carry a piece of paper with you so that when something pops into your mind, you can write it down. That's what I do. It helps a lot.
I don't have any advice on the DDP. We've never done it. So, good luck with that. :)

Happy Be-lated Birthday to Lauren! Plus what awesome gifts you got for Boss's Day!

As for the dining plan I personally think you would be fine without it since you will be there for F&W. I can't wait to see the pictures of the Osbourn Lights..and then many yummy drinks you will be able to get at F&W.

What an awesome birthday party! It looks like all the kids had a BLAST! And very, very pink! ;) Perfect for a little girl. And I've only been following your reports for a couple years, but seven?!?! Already? Where does the time go??!

I hope all the logistics with the kids comes into order and it all goes smoothly! Leaving for a trip is always so much work!

finally here! sorry I'm late but better late then never .. right :thumbsup2

Your trip report is soooo what i need right now.. Because even tho i have been to Disney 2 times this year I'm having Horrible Disney withdrawals...
so i can't wait to read more..

Oh my goodness...her party looks just perfect! Perfect for the princess she is!!

I'd love to be "friends" on facebook! Message me your last name and I'll look you up!:)
Her party really was perfect, best we've ever had. Did you find me on FB yet? I added a bunch of friends this week and never can match them up with Dis user names ; ) If you haven't send me a PM and we'll find one another : )
Hi Lesley,
So glad everything turned out well with the tests:cool1:My hubby and I did an adults only Disney trip in Sept for our anniversary (15). I thought I would go insane with the logistics for the kids with activities and soccer practices and playoffs and homework and piano practicing:scared1:Once we were on the plane I had to let the control freak in me let it all go and whatever happened happened. It all worked out even when our 6 yr old was sobbing on the phone telling us how much she missed us the 2nd night and we were gone for 5:eek:She stopped crying the minute I asked her about the gifts she wanted us to bring her home:rotfl2:She was the same child who asked if I would do the "Kissing Hand" for her before we left and I replied "I'm always in your heart, not just in a kiss on your hand, all the memories you have of us together, all the fun we have, all the love I have for you...." I had tears in my eyes at this point and she replies with a straight face..."all the times you yelled at me!":lmao::lmao:Never laughed so hard in all my life!
Thanks, I'm sure once we get on the plane and land safely I will be able to just relax and enjoy myself - that's what happened on my girls only trip. That is too funny!!!

Just make lots of lists, to help with the kids stuff. Carry a piece of paper with you so that when something pops into your mind, you can write it down. That's what I do. It helps a lot.
I don't have any advice on the DDP. We've never done it. So, good luck with that. :)
I am a HUGE list maker so this will be no exception - my poor mother n' law : ) We just love the DDP because you don't look at prices on the menu, you can just relax and order anything that you want without worrying about the price breakdown. You do have to factor in tips though since those are not included. The dining plan for Tim and I would be $275, I just can't decide if that will be worth it or not for just the two of us. We probably can do dinner at the Yachtsman and two other sit down lunches and a counterservice here and there for less than that - we need to do some number crunching to figure all of that out. Part of me just wants to do it for less hassle- we'll see.
Happy Be-lated Birthday to Lauren! Plus what awesome gifts you got for Boss's Day!

As for the dining plan I personally think you would be fine without it since you will be there for F&W. I can't wait to see the pictures of the Osbourn Lights..and then many yummy drinks you will be able to get at F&W.
Thanks, it was such fun! The ladies at work spoiled me, it was a big surprise. There will be plenty of drink pics at F&W : )

What an awesome birthday party! It looks like all the kids had a BLAST! And very, very pink! ;) Perfect for a little girl. And I've only been following your reports for a couple years, but seven?!?! Already? Where does the time go??!

I hope all the logistics with the kids comes into order and it all goes smoothly! Leaving for a trip is always so much work!
I know, where did the time go for sure!?! I just can't believe it! Yes, it certainly is a lot of work!
Lesley

finally here! sorry I'm late but better late then never .. right :thumbsup2

Your trip report is soooo what i need right now.. Because even tho i have been to Disney 2 times this year I'm having Horrible Disney withdrawals...
so i can't wait to read more..
Glad you made it over, yes- better late than never. Well, hopefully we can bring some Disney magic to you :thumbsup2
-Lesley

:woohoo::yay:Well...............We're in the TEENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool1::banana:

Only 19 days until our trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I honestly can't believe it is so fast approaching. I'm getting excited and nervous. I think the hardest part for me remains leaving the kids behind knowing we are experiencing those Disney Christmas lights for the first time. I still remember us gathering around the computer last year when Tim went down for Disapalooza with Bryan and he said in his live feed video "kids, next year, we'll bring you down here!" I'm sure the kids don't even remember that and they haven't even mentioned it- just lovely mothers guilt.
I am super excited to get away just Tim and I though. We've never had more than 4 hours alone in Disney and it will be heavenly:cloud9::love:
This week I went online and made a last will and testament for ourselves:scared1:. I know, totally morbid, but I couldn't leave the kids without having one, so now we do.
It's getting COLD here in Ohio but it's nice knowing I can't store my shorts away yet since we are going to Disney. In just 4 days I'll be able to start looking at accuweather to see what the weather is going to be like for our trip- UNBELIEVABLE!!!!
Well, enjoy your weekends. We have Halloween parties tonight with the kids (they are dressing as Luke and Leia- I'll post pics later).
I am still deciding about the dining plan. Tim and I said we'd sit down this week and crunch numbers to see if it's worth it or not. I'll let you know what the final verdict is.
ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND!
-Lesley

Woo hoo for being in the teens!!! :banana: Your trip will be here before you know it, and you are going to have so much fun just the two of you! Can't wait to see the pics of your little Luke and Leia -- what a cute costume idea!

Hooray for being in the teens ! You and Tim are going to have a fabulous time and deserve this time to yourselves. Just plan on taking the kids next year to see the Christmas lights.;) I know how that motherly guilt can be.

I love the fall but it is definitely nice to know you will see warmer temperatures soon.

I think whatever you decide about the dining plan will work out. How many nights/days are you doing the Food and Wine festival? That might help you with your decision. If you plan on eating/drinking your way around the countries more than 1 night the dining plan might not be worth it. I had it when we went last year but it was free dining.

Can't wait to see the Halloween pics !

I'm joinin ya in the excitement circle!! We leave in 11 days!!!
Six yrs was a long time to wait for a return visit so I am
more then ready!!!! Bummed that I miss both you and Anita
by a couple of days! Know we are all going to have a magical
time!!!:banana:

YAY for being in the teens!!!! You guys will have so much fun and I can only imagine the Mommy guilt but at least the kids seem to be taking it well. Can't wait to see pictures of Luke and Leia! Have fun at the Halloween Parties!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter