Timandlesley's November PTR: No Kids/No Judging : ) TR UP, Link pg.13!!!

Don't feel guilty...I know, easier said than done!
Can't wait to hear your thoughts on Boardwalk as we are staying there a few weeks after you!

My hubby and I went down without the kids last November. Once you get over the guilt you'll wonder why you never did it before. It's so nice to stroll the parks and not worry about making the kids happy.

The decorations are gorgeous and the holiday music that's piped in everywhere is wonderful! Enjoy.

I am so excited that you guys are doing an adults only trip. It will be fabulous for all of you! (Even the kids will have a great time at home I am sure)

I'm in! I couldn't miss this since you are going to Disney during "my week"! :rolleyes1 We have been that week for the last two years and, imo, it is the BEST time to go! We can't make it to WDW this year, so I am excited to read about it through your eyes, or should I say lens! Can't wait!

Don't feel guilty about going withouth your kids. Couples need couple time, which makes for happier parents. My DH and I went for a long weekend in 2007 and had a blast. Where else on earth can adults walk around in Mickey ears and feel at home? We didn't even take the kids with us when we spent two weeks in Hawaii this summer. ;)
You guys are going to have a blast!!! :thumbsup2

Joining in. Do not feel guilty about going with out your kids. My parents used to take a long weekend by themselves every summer and left me with family for the weekend. It worked well for all three of us because I got special time with other famil members and they came home relaxed and refreshed.

Still can't believe I will miss you guys by but a few days!!!
Would haved loved to say Hello!! Sure you will all have a fabulous
time!! Hope the kiddos aren't protesting to much!!! All parents
do need some alone time to change up the pace, you deserve it
so no worries!! Can't wait to read all the plans!!:surfweb:

I subscribed but didn't check in. I will be along for the ride. How fun!

:thumbsup2 Don't feel guilty- it's not like they haven't ever been and won't go a ton more times. Enjoy! I would love to take a couple's only trip and drink around the World one day!

Can't wait to here all about your adults only trip ! You guys will have a blast and deserve some quality time to yourselves. I know the guilty feeling you are having. I took a girls only trip with my mom and sister last year I was worried the guilt would ruin my trip. I had a great time on my trip and brought my kids back lots of souvenirs. You and Tim will definitely have moments where you miss them but you will be better parents in the long run for taking some time for yourselves. :goodvibes

I'm in! You will LOVE having an adult's only trip...I can't wait to hear about all of the fun! :goodvibes

You are going to have a great time. Disney is a totally different place without the kids. You notice little things that you normally wouldn't have. My DH and I took our first adults only trip 2 years ago. Our next one is in February 2011. It's a great place to celebrate an anniversary. :love:

I'm in. I'm sure you will have a great trip! I love to go for the Christmas decorations. And you know, parents have to be able to recharge and spend time on their relationship alone to become better parents (who aren't worn out and stressed all the time). You just have to take some time for yourself sometimes!

Joining in for another one of your great PTR/TR.
Every couple needs some alone time, even in Disney!
I'm going the weekend after you for the NCTE convention.

I'm in!!! Don't you feel one bit guilty, you guys deserve to have some "adult" time!! I hope you have the time of your life...and to share it again with Diane and Bryan, how could you not have fun?/COLOR]

Woo Hoo! I'm in. Can't wait to hear all of the details. popcorn::

Groupie reporting in!!!

You will have a great time. I look forward to hearing all about the plans.
Welcome!!!
Wooo hooo! I'm IN and sooo excited for you guys!...especially since DH and I are DREAMING of the same NO KIDS trip for our 10 year anniversary in about a year and a half!

You guys deserve it!!
Thanks! hope you get to have your trip as well!

Have fun! I sure could use a trip to Disney with or without kids!

I bet you will fall in love with the EPCOT resorts... we loved loved loved the Beach Club and hope to get there again this summer, but the Boarwalk would be fun too!

Here it is....

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1329902
I bet we will too,can't wait to stay there!
popcorn:: Joining in!! Can't wait to read about another Tim and Lesley adventure. I will be there the same weekend, but we are staying at the Beach Club. You will love it over there, its our favorite area to stay!! The locations to Epcot and HS is the best part popcorn::
Thanks for coming back for more, can't wait! Hoping to switch our June trip to Beachclub or Boardwalk as well the kids really want to stay there.
No guilt, your children are obviously very loved! And it is important for them to see their parents operate as a couple, not just as a mom and dad.

Can't wait to see how you enjoy F&W! I did my first one last year and loved it!
Thanks! We loved F and Wine before, can't wait to try it again, especially just the two of us for the entire trip.

Subscribing....I'll be on the lookout for you Thursday & Friday. Friday afternoon if you go by the Magic Express "bus stop" we will be 2 of the dejected looking people waiting for our ride :sad1:
Well, if you see us be sure to say hello!

I can't wait to see how much fun you have without the kids! I don't have any yet so when DBF and I went to the parks last year it was totally different than this past year when my younger cousins came..it ends up being all about them! I can't wait to have kids but im a little scared about bringing them to Disney for the first time..i rly like how you guys always work in an adults night and go to dinner alone..just think your upcoming vacation will be like that the whole time! :goodvibes
Can't wait!

No judging here! My husband and I go almost every year by ourselves. We always take the kids on a tripas well, usually in Feb.
We have SOO much fun by ourselves! Its like were dating again! I fall in love with my husband all over again! We look sooo forward to these trips alone! We are actually heazding down in 8 days for our trip.
ENJOY!!!
Thanks, this trip can't get here fast enough! Enjoy your trip!
I'm in! I'll be at BCV at the same time - maybe I'll see ya there!

Can't wait to hear about your plans! :)
If you see us please say hello!

YAY!! :banana:

No judgment here Lesley! We can support eachother as our 1st trip home - thanks to you and Derek - will be an adults only trip. I have never been without my Prince Connor either so Mother's Guilt abounds. BUT...it will be short lived as it will be worth it! :lovestruc

Cant wait to tag along!
WAHOO!!! Enjoy your first trip home! Thanks for tagging along!

Here for all the fun!!! You are going to have a wonderful adults-only trip -- they are a blast!
Thanks can't wait!

Just came over from your last TR and am definitely subbing in again!!!

No judging here, only jealousy! My DH and I always talk about it but can never seem to make it happen. We live in Seattle, so when we make the cross country trip to WDW we usually go for 2 weeks and just can't leave the kids home. Our dream is still alive and now I can live vicariously through your next TR....thank you!!!! :rotfl:
Thanks for posting. Maybe we will inspire you : )

Subscribing - can't wait to hear about your plans. DH and I are headed down for a "No Kids" trip in December, so I'm interested in reading about your plans! I can relate to the guilt about leaving the kids home, but I'm also looking forward to some time alone!

Make sure to schedule time to visit the deluxe resorts and check out Christmas decorations - GF, WL and Beach Club are my favorites but they're all beautiful decked out for the Holidays.
Awesome, December would be great to go. I don't think those resort decorations will be out yet when we are there.

Yes! Another trip report. My DH and I have been married 13 years and I'd love to jet off to Disney by ourselves--although I have the same guilty feelings as you--I'll see how you guys handle it (great, I'm sure ;) and then maybe one day we'll try the same thing--15 years is coming up, who knows!
Well, yes, you will see how we handle it, hopefully o.k. : )

I'm here. Can't wait for all the planning. You guys will have a wonderful time. My husband and I took our first trip without the kids in May-09 and did miss them at some parts of the trip but every couple deserves ME time every once in a while. Disney without the kids is such a different experience and alot more relaxing. So go get your drink on.:lmao:
Thanks, I will get my drink on indeed : )
YAY I am in
WELCOME!
I'm in, can't wait to here all about it :surfweb:
WELCOME!
We do a kids free trip every year. The first time there was a smidgeon of guilt but we had such an amazing time! I think it is important for parents to spend time as a couple and not always as parents. Plus, the World is completely different kids free! You will have a blast!
Hope this is a start of a tradition for us as well : )
I'm here too!!! You are going to have a FANTASTIC time. We will be here to encourage you Leslie - you will miss the kiddos, but it will recharge both you and Tim, and grow you even closer as a husband and wife!

(Now I just need to repeat that to myself....:laughing: I have such a hard time leaving my little man too!)
Can't wait, hopefully it will go great and we can get over the guilt.

Don't feel guilty...I know, easier said than done!
Can't wait to hear your thoughts on Boardwalk as we are staying there a few weeks after you!
Thanks, can't wait to stay at Boardwalk, i'll give a full report.
My hubby and I went down without the kids last November. Once you get over the guilt you'll wonder why you never did it before. It's so nice to stroll the parks and not worry about making the kids happy.

The decorations are gorgeous and the holiday music that's piped in everywhere is wonderful! Enjoy.
Sounds wonderful! Can't wait!
I am so excited that you guys are doing an adults only trip. It will be fabulous for all of you! (Even the kids will have a great time at home I am sure)
Thanks!
I'm in! I couldn't miss this since you are going to Disney during "my week"! :rolleyes1 We have been that week for the last two years and, imo, it is the BEST time to go! We can't make it to WDW this year, so I am excited to read about it through your eyes, or should I say lens! Can't wait!
Well hopefully your week treats us well : )

Don't feel guilty about going withouth your kids. Couples need couple time, which makes for happier parents. My DH and I went for a long weekend in 2007 and had a blast. Where else on earth can adults walk around in Mickey ears and feel at home? We didn't even take the kids with us when we spent two weeks in Hawaii this summer. ;)
You guys are going to have a blast!!! :thumbsup2
Thanks, should be fun, Hawaii.... wow!

Joining in. Do not feel guilty about going with out your kids. My parents used to take a long weekend by themselves every summer and left me with family for the weekend. It worked well for all three of us because I got special time with other famil members and they came home relaxed and refreshed.

Thank you for the support, should be fun.
Still can't believe I will miss you guys by but a few days!!!
Would haved loved to say Hello!! Sure you will all have a fabulous
time!! Hope the kiddos aren't protesting to much!!! All parents
do need some alone time to change up the pace, you deserve it
so no worries!! Can't wait to read all the plans!!:surfweb:
I can't believe it either, hope you have a great trip too!

I subscribed but didn't check in. I will be along for the ride. How fun!
WELCOME!
:thumbsup2 Don't feel guilty- it's not like they haven't ever been and won't go a ton more times. Enjoy! I would love to take a couple's only trip and drink around the World one day!
Thank you for the support, should be fun.

Can't wait to here all about your adults only trip ! You guys will have a blast and deserve some quality time to yourselves. I know the guilty feeling you are having. I took a girls only trip with my mom and sister last year I was worried the guilt would ruin my trip. I had a great time on my trip and brought my kids back lots of souvenirs. You and Tim will definitely have moments where you miss them but you will be better parents in the long run for taking some time for yourselves. :goodvibes
Thanks, we are really looking forward to it, I agree, we need some "us" time.
I'm in! You will LOVE having an adult's only trip...I can't wait to hear about all of the fun!
Thanks!
You are going to have a great time. Disney is a totally different place without the kids. You notice little things that you normally wouldn't have. My DH and I took our first adults only trip 2 years ago. Our next one is in February 2011. It's a great place to celebrate an anniversary.
I sure hope so, glad you guys enjoyed your time too.

I'm in. I'm sure you will have a great trip! I love to go for the Christmas decorations. And you know, parents have to be able to recharge and spend time on their relationship alone to become better parents (who aren't worn out and stressed all the time). You just have to take some time for yourself sometimes!
Can't wait to see all of the decorations, should be great!
Joining in for another one of your great PTR/TR.
Every couple needs some alone time, even in Disney!
I'm going the weekend after you for the NCTE convention.
Welcome! Enjoy your convention.

I'm in!!! Don't you feel one bit guilty, you guys deserve to have some "adult" time!! I hope you have the time of your life...and to share it again with Diane and Bryan, how could you not have fun?/COLOR]

Welcome! Thaks for the support, yes, should be a great time!

Woo Hoo! I'm in. Can't wait to hear all of the details. popcorn::
WELCOME!!

Sooooooooooooooooo,

In 39 days I will be in Disney with Tim............. I can't believe we are down to the 30's.:banana::banana::banana:
I was just drooling over all of the pics of food/menus from food and wine they put on the Dis today, Can't wait!!!!!

So, let's discuss the details of the day we leave and childcare/pet care

- Our flight is out of Columbus around 10:00 on Thursday, that is about a 2 hour drive from our house so we need to leave by 6:30 a.m.
Tim's mom is going to come over on Wednesday night and spend the night since we need to leave so early. She will put the kids on the school bus Wednesday for us. She will stay here through Friday and then after the kids get off the bus on Friday they will go to my mom's house through Sunday. I hope all goes well, they are great grandma's so I'm sure the kids will have fun.:thumbsup2
-I will drop the pets off at the doggy day care place that we board them on Wednesday night and we'll pick them up upon our return Sunday night.

I will share our dining/park plans in the next update but I need some help.
I can't decide if we should do the dining plan or not. Right now I have it booked and budgeted. I made a ton of reservations (mostly at lunch time) for great restaraunts (Teppan Edu, LeCellier, Yhatsman). We plan on one or maybe 2 evenings eating our way around the World Showcase (and drinking) for dinner, and I didn't want to plan sit down meals at night since we will be viewing Osborne lights, the Magic Kingdom lights, etc. on the other nights. So............. what would you do. Would you do the dining plan and plan on one sit down meal per day or would you just pay out of pocket for everything?:confused3 Decisions decisions.
I also want a new Vera Bradley backpack for our trip, if you see any deals online please let me know.:surfweb:

More to come............. Lesley

I can't decide if we should do the dining plan or not. Right now I have it booked and budgeted. I made a ton of reservations (mostly at lunch time) for great restaraunts (Teppan Edu, LeCellier, Yhatsman). We plan on one or maybe 2 evenings eating our way around the World Showcase (and drinking) for dinner, and I didn't want to plan sit down meals at night since we will be viewing Osborne lights, the Magic Kingdom lights, etc. on the other nights. So............. what would you do. Would you do the dining plan and plan on one sit down meal per day or would you just pay out of pocket for everything?:confused3 Decisions decisions.
I also want a new Vera Bradley backpack for our trip, if you see any deals online please let me know.:surfweb:

More to come............. Lesley

I would recommend the dining plan, just because at the food and wine festival almost all of the food choices are a snack option! Since most of them cost at least $4 - 10 for one little serving, getting them as a snack is so worth the dining plan money!! Plus with the dining plan you get a dessert with the meal, if you like dessert that is! In my opinion the dining plan is worth it during the f&w festival. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter