tightwad gazett

The Tightwad Gazette has had a profound impact on me...occasionally I'll find myself drifting into bad habits and I'll break those books out again to get re-inspired. (Just last week my daughters & I used tips & a recipe in the TG to make a bunch of frozen pizzas ahead of time- we're even having one for supper tonight! Much cheaper than delivery.) The biggest thing I took away from these books is that frugality can be FUN! I love finding a bargain, and the things I get on sale I love even more. For a treat, I took my two daughters out to a nice local restraunt the other day & was able to use coupons & specials to get out of there with a bill of $7.99 (plus a generous tip- the book also taught me the difference between being cheap and being frugal) including an appetizer and a desert. I swear the food tasted sooo much better because I knew it was so cheap :)

Thanks so much for the link to the update- I wonder if she knows just how much she influenced peoples lives.

Susan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter