• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tiering system at EPCOT question...

cowens02

Earning My Ears
my window for offsite FP+ booking opens this weekend adn i have a quick question about the EPCOT tier system.

i want to book FP+ for both soarin' & test track on my EPCOT day. is that possible since they are both tier 1? these are the only two rides we REALLY want to ride (and don't mind waiting on standby for other rides). can someone explain to me this process? i looked through the FP+ guide thread & couldn't make sense of it...

The point of the tiering is that you can not choose more than one of those in tier 1 in a day. This is because Epcot does not have enough rides, so Disney can give us less for out money each day and try to get us back to a park that is huge without enough to do and buy food.

Best option to get on both, is to FP TT, then get there early to run over to soarin to get on that with little wait before you use the tt fp.

The point of the tiering is that you can not choose more than one of those in tier 1 in a day.

Not QUITE true.

Guests cannot PRE-book two Tier 1 attractions as part of the original 3 advance FP+ reservations.
However, AFTER the first set of 3 are used (or allowed to expire) guests can THEN book (at an in-park kiosk) ANY additional attraction as their 4th FP+ of the day.
And, after using that, book a 5th FP+, then, a 6th FP+, etc.

Also, there's a WORKAROUND.
IF a guest will go to a park (Epcot, in this case) and CANCEL two of the three original FP+ choices

BEFORE RIDING ANY of the FP+ attractions that day…

as soon as that guest's remaining FP+ is used, a guest can, right then,
book (at an in-park kiosk) ANY additional attraction as their 4th FP+ of the day.

Last edited:
I would probably FP Soarin' and then do TT single rider line or go to TT at rope drop. We've had very good experiences with the single rider line at TT. Yes, you won't necessarily all be in the same car, but you will get on the ride much faster.

Let me know what part of the FP thread is confusing and I will see what I can do to improve it.

From the first posts:
In Epcot and Hollywood Studios only, FP+ attractions are divided into two groups. Guests are able to make 1 selection from Group 1, and 2 selections from Group 2.

Not QUITE true.

Guests cannot PRE-book both as part of the original 3 advance FP+ reservations.
However, AFTER the first set of 3 are used (or allowed to expire) guests can THEN book (at an in-park kiosk) ANY additional attraction
as their 4th or 5th or 6th (etc.) FP+ of the day.

IF a guest will go to a park (Epcot, in this case) and CANCEL two of the three original FP+ choices
-BEFORE RIDING ANY of the FP+ attractions that day…
as soon as that remaining FP+ is used, a guest can, right then,
book (at an in-park kiosk) ANY additional attraction
as their 4th FP+ of the day.

No workaround to book AHEAD of time. :-)

sigh....i thought that might be the case. :(

i doubt my travel buddy (my mom) will want to do rope drop, so i guess my best bet is to just pick one (probably soarin') to FP & then do single rider for test track.

thanks for the answers, everyone!

If you're not doing rope drop, I would definitely FP Soarin and do TT single rider! That way you at least have a shot at TT being a short line ... There is no chance that Soarin will be a short line from about 9:30am to 7pm or so...

Not QUITE true.

Guests cannot PRE-book two Tier 1 attractions as part of the original 3 advance FP+ reservations.
However, AFTER the first set of 3 are used (or allowed to expire) guests can THEN book (at an in-park kiosk) ANY additional attraction as their 4th FP+ of the day.

BEFORE RIDING ANY of the FP+ attractions that day…

as soon as that guest's remaining FP+ is used, a guest can, right then,
book (at an in-park kiosk) ANY additional attraction as their 4th FP+ of the day.

Ok, so then you lose 2 FP+ to do that, and that is only IF there are actually any remaining FP for the other headliner, which is a risky chance IMO. So the basic point is that for most guests, they will not get FP+ for TT and Soarin on the same day, and you certainly can not plan on it happening.

Most of the time I go to the parks in the afternoon and evening, but I have never been able to get a TT FP from a kiosk on the same day. By at least 4 or so, they are gone. Not just headliners, but giving extra FP in my experience at least, has not helped at all as most of the rides I want to take have none left pretty early in the day.Any FP I get after 5 on the same day is useless as the rides available are walk ons anyway.

If you don't see any value in FPs for the Tier 2 attractions at Epcot it is worth a shot to try to the dance workaround.

I think you can cancel them on the website before you leave as well. Not 100% sure if that is the case still

The Frozen ride will help I think. It will certainly be Tier 1.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter