**Tie Dye Mickey ears shirts directions**NEW NEW PICS LAST PAGE**

Can you please tell me what colors from Dharma you used on the red and green holiday shirts? I was thinking of using bright green and scarlet. If I order 2 oz of each, will it be enough to dye 3 adult and 1 childs long sleeve shirt?

Yes, bright green and I believe is fire red, but scarlet would work fine too.

I have been reading through this thread and am very excited to try and make these shirts. We are doing an extended family trip right before Christmas and I am going to do the red and green Christmas ones.
How much dye will I need for 14 shirts?(7adult/7 kids) If I buy 8oz of each color from the website dharmatrading.com will I have enough or too much?
Also how long do you soak the shirts in the soda ash for.
Thanks in adbvance for the information.

I have been reading through this thread and am very excited to try and make these shirts. We are doing an extended family trip right before Christmas and I am going to do the red and green Christmas ones.
How much dye will I need for 14 shirts?(7adult/7 kids) If I buy 8oz of each color from the website dharmatrading.com will I have enough or too much?
Also how long do you soak the shirts in the soda ash for.
Thanks in adbvance for the information.

Hi! 1-2oz jar of each color is more than enough. You can get the soda ash at your local hardware store,home depot, wal mart, it will save you on shipping from Dharma, you can soak them for 30 to 40 minutes.

Pixie,
May I ask how much was the glow and the dark ink? did they sell different cartridges for each printer or how does that work? I'm holding off printing my son and other childrens shirts until I can see about the glow and the dark :)

***bump***

It's been too long without a Pixie update *hyperventilating* Omgomgomgomgomg need to TIEDYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pixie,
May I ask how much was the glow and the dark ink? did they sell different cartridges for each printer or how does that work? I'm holding off printing my son and other childrens shirts until I can see about the glow and the dark :)

I didn't use printer, mine is for screen printing, is a liquid ink, comes in a jar/bottle. I paid $25.00 for the 8oz bottle I believe. But screen printing is not iron nor done with printer, sorry for the confusion. :lovestruc

IMG_6502.jpg

IMG_6512.jpg

IMG_6628.jpg

IMG_6641.jpg

Not too bad for the first attempt. Thanks for all the directions.
The two year olds shirt was the hardest just because of the small amount of material.

ttp://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx149/DCInc/DSC_3998.jpg

ttp://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx149/DCInc/DSC_3999.jpg

2yr old
ttp://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx149/DCInc/DSC_4000.jpg

ttp://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx149/DCInc/DSC_4002.jpg

Just put an h in front of the web address. Not enough post count to link pics yet.

Could not have done it without this thread!

Thinking about doing another set. I think we could get better color soak knowing what we know now.

Thanks again.

Hmmm. Makes me wanta make some more shirts.. When I made the last bunch, I didnt know id be 7mts preggers on our trip. My shirt might not fit! LOL

Just got back from our trip... had SUCH a great time! I can't even tell you how many comments we got on our shirts! It was really awesome! I'll have to post some pics of our shirts in action!!

So question...has anyone else become a Tiedye snob?

Over the summer I saw some definitely home made tiedye, and my friend is running a charity auction where everything was homemade crafty stuff and someone donated a bunch of "tiedye" onesies. All I can say is they were.....nice:rolleyes1

I can tell by the onesies they were done with spray bottles full of dye. There's so much white on them and the patterns (and I can't even really tell what some where supposed to be) are rather...bad. I think it's great that whoever donated them did so, but I also am looking at them going "I could have done so much better!" :lmao:

I'm terrible I know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter