Tie Dye DYE question.

Beckysc

Mouseketeer
Last year, I tie dyed some mickey head shirts for our trip. They came out really nice and I'm planning on doing some more.

How long does the dye last?

I used a rianbow rock kit. Here is a link to them.
http://www.hanes2u.com/optimized/rainbow-rock-tye-dye-kit.htm

According to their instruction book, it says it will keep 3 weeks...that just doesn't seem like that long of a time.

Has anyone kept dye longer than that?

I mainly dyed the front of the shirts with the rubberband method. On the sleeves and the back, I just did little dots on dye and kind of smeared them around and it looked fine, so I only used maybe half of the dye in each bottle. I did 10 shirts so I was surprised at how little I used.

Well, I didn't feel like having to go to the store at the last minute so I just used what I had.

I like the way they look but they are more pastel than the shirts I did last year. They yellow did not take much at all and so I'm glad I didn't use much of it. I did a stronger color for the mickey head, a yellow ring and then a stronger color so it looks ok.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter