• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tickets

candygirlIRE

Mouseketeer
Getting ready to buy our park hoppers...where's the best place?? We are looking at 4-day park hoppers.

I did a quick search and cannot find the place that many of you have bought tickets from...at a great price! :surfweb: Help?? :confused3

We unfortunately can't take advantage of the Disney offer as we are there after the 1st :guilty:
I was hoping out for a new deal :confused3

Thanks!!

Mousesavers doesn't really recommend Last Minute Travel, they have reported problems. Do I risk it?? Anyone else had experience with them??

But if any of them have an expiration of Oct 1st (like the current Disney deal) then I will have to try something else :confused3

:surfweb:

To be quite honest, I always order e-tickets directly from Disneyland.com. You just print them out and go directly to the turnstiles - no vouchers or ticket booths to deal with. I know those other sites can save you a couple of bucks potentially, but some also have fees that basically take away any difference in savings you might have found. Even if you're not eligible for the special offer ending Oct. 1st, there is still a discount offered on Disneyland.com for buying online from them in advance instead of at the ticket booths. The price for a 4-day hopper with the special offer ending Oct. 1st is $219, but the discounted online price of a 4-day hopper good until Dec. 2012 from Disneyland.com is $234 - only $15 more than the current special.

Most people that have used lastminutetravel THIS year have had no problems (see this DIS thread:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2766666) . I pulled the below directly from MouseSavers ticket page, so maybe your info is old? When I was researching, I found numerous complaints from 2010 but not from recently. You can look at some of my recent posts and see that my experience to date with them has been great. I saved $330+ from the Disney prices (I am also going after 10/1 so no good ticket deals when I bought). I wanted to buy from Disney but just could not pass that up. All I have left to do is take my voucher to the exchange for my 5 day PH's. I am not trying to influence you, but you just had me worried when you said Mouse Savers doesn't recommend them. Others here have said that Get Away Today price matches so if you don't feel comfortable with LMT, maybe try GetAway to see if they'll match? Out of curiosity, I just checked there and 4 adults/2 kids is still the same as I paid for 5 day PH: $1105.46 and it is $1436 from DL.com. Don't just take my word for it because I have never used them before and have not turned in my voucher yet, but do some more research and see if you get more comfortable. I almost used AAA like the next poster suggested just to get the extras and if you need parking at DL lots I think that might be the way to go?

Just one note from below: the tickets expire 60 days from the day you tell LMT when your travel date is, not 60 days from purchase. My voucher came within 24 hours, if I recall. The below I believe was added to their site on 9/16/11.

Discounted 2-Day to 6-Day Advance Purchase Tickets for First Use by December 31, 2012

LastMinuteTravel

LastMinuteTravel offers significantly discounted 2-Day Base Tickets (one park per day), 2-Day Park Hopper Tickets and 3-Day to 5-Day Park Hopper Bonus Tickets (Bonus Tickets include one Magic Morning entry during your stay). I have not used this vendor personally, but it has received many recommendations from MouseSavers.com readers and it is an authorized Disney ticket broker.

The LastMinuteTravel site isn't that easy to navigate: to find the Disneyland tickets, go to the search box in the upper left and click on Activities, type Anaheim in the Location box, select your actual arrival date (must be at least 2 days from today, but no more than 60 days), and click on Theme Parks. Click Search Now and the Disneyland ticket options will appear.

When you order from LastMinuteTravel, a confirmation will be sent immediately by email, and then (a day or more later) the ticket voucher will be sent as an attachment to an email, so watch your spam folder! You must print the voucher and then take it (not the confirmation) to the park ticket booths, where they give you the actual tickets. Note that the vouchers do expire after 60 days.

Please note that I do NOT recommend booking hotels through LastMinuteTravel, as too many of my readers have reported problems

Are you a AAA member? I was told by AAA that they have adult 4 day PH for $201 and kids for $178, price good thru 12/31/11. I was also told these tickets come with extras such as free parking, MTTMM, priority or reserved seating, free parking and a discount book. There may be a service charge but not sure, I know I couldn't pick them up at my local AAA office but was told I have to order 10 days in advance.

Are you a AAA member? I was told by AAA that they have adult 4 day PH for $201 and kids for $178, price good thru 12/31/11. I was also told these tickets come with extras such as free parking, MTTMM, priority or reserved seating, free parking and a discount book. There may be a service charge but not sure, I know I couldn't pick them up at my local AAA office but was told I have to order 10 days in advance.

The perks you have described come with AAA packages, not just tickets. In other words, to get the MTTMM and priority seating etc., you have to book a hotel room and your tickets together. Also the prices I found online for AAA tickets are not the same as what you've mentioned. They have an adult 4-day listed as being $219, which is the same price as Disneyland.com. http://www.disneywebcontent.com/dcc/7973/80e75278dba3c210VgnVCM100000d864a8c0RCRD/

Have used Getawaytoday many times. Never a problem. They also price match. It seems like the cheapest is always Last Minute Travel or Getawaytoday.

I purchased our tickets through AAA. If you don't need them right away, and you are a AAA member, they will ship them to you for free, no need for a voucher.
Also, if you are a AAA/CAA member, you get free parking w/any ticket purchase. You only get the Magic Morning on 4 and 5 day park hopper tickets.

We got our park hoppers from Flight Centre. Since you are from Canada, this is by far the best option, in my opinion. But always call or go into a location. You will get a better price than over the internet. (Which are still pretty good rates.)

Spacemouseneer

Ultimately people are always looking for a deal. If you find a better price you are paying for it another way.

I purchased our (6day) park hopper passes from get-away-today for our trip in late October. I bought them around 8/31/11. *I paid $211.00 for a adult park hopper *& 185.00 for children's park hopper.

I recently noticed the prices went up from $211.00 to $232.00 for the same tickets I purchased for adults. Also kids jumped to $211.00.

I have never had any issues with Get Away Today. I've been using them for almost 7 years.*

Mousesavers doesn't really recommend Last Minute Travel, they have reported problems. Do I risk it?? Anyone else had experience with them??

But if any of them have an expiration of Oct 1st (like the current Disney deal) then I will have to try something else :confused3

:surfweb:

They do not recommend using them for hotels (although I have read people had good experiences for the hotels so who knows). We purchased ours the other night after many good recommendations here and on other boards. We don't use ours until next month (well actually, November 2nd since we already have tickets for the Halloween party) but hopefully we have zero issues.

Since you are in Canada I would definitely recommend flight centre as well. We have used them in the past, and they were by far the cheapest. Others we recommended them to also found the same thing.

Yep!! Called Flight Center here in Canada and they are super helpful!! Saved a lot - am super pleased!! :cool1:

Thanks for recommending them!!!

:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter