Tickets

babygirlamg

DIS Veteran
Wasnt sure where to post this.....i would prefer not to book a package so i was wondering if i can book the hotel and tickets can it be done seperatly or will they have to make it a package....

Yes they can be booked seperately and if you do it right a lot of times you can get a great resort only discount. The downside is if you are wanting a dp it does have to be purchased as a package.

Generally if you are not getting dining it is better to book the resort as room-only. Caution: Sometimes they slip in a round of golf (for just one person) and then call it a package requiring full payment sooner and cancellation fees that kick in earlier.

If you book your room and tickets through Disney, they will most likely make it a package. My suggestion is to book your room only through Disney. Then for tickets you have three options. Option 1, buy when you get to Disney. Option 2, order from Disney's website. Or option 3, order from a third party broker. I suggest option 3 for tickets and I suggest mapleleaftickets.com or undercovertourist.com for the best prices and legitimate companies.

As a PP mentioned, you can definitely get better deals by booking separately, UNLESS you are planning on going during a Free Dining period. For my family, Free Dining would be a better deal than most room only discounts. That might change as my kids start to move into the "10 and above" age range, but every family is different. We enjoy our sit down meals and trying different restaurants is part of the fun of our vacation, but some families enjoy a more "commando" style of vacation. I would decide if the dining plan is right for you, and if it is see if Free Dining is being offered for your dates. If the dining plan isn't a big deal, then I would explore the room only discounts if there are any being offered. Undercovertourist.com has a great reputation as a third party dealer and can save you some money. Also, Disney's Youth In Education Series has open enrollment dates listed on their website. My kids have done these programs and enjoyed them very much, and the tickets are much less expensive than retail.

Second :thumbsup2 for the YES program for cheap tickets! My kids liked the classes and they got some education while on vacation that wasn't boring. Plus I saved several hundred dollars on the tickets! We did the sound waves one and got to go behind the scenes at the HM, pretty cool.

jump in on the book room only side. We do this for every trip. As mentioned above, a package has to be paid in full 45 days before arrival with a $200 deposit at booking. The room only option requires one night's cost to reserve the room which may be higher or lower than the $200. Additionally, the remaining room balance is paid at check in.

Tickets can be found cheaper through official non Disney outlets. We have used Undercover Tourist and have been happy with the service. Shop around for the best price. The savings will not be huge but the process is simple. Mousesavers.com has a link in their newsletter that provides an additional savings at UT beyond their normal rates. Again not huge but it could cover a souveinir or two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter