• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

tickets

andi_b_2005

Earning My Ears
This might seem like a stupid question, but a few friends from college and I are planning a trip to Disney World next summer. Since we don't have much money we were planning to get just the base tickets without the hopper option. We were going to get 5 day, but then were wondering if we can get 4 days with the base ticket and then the 5th day be a hopper incase we needed to finish up a few things at different parks. Does anyone know if that is possible to do, or do you have to keep all the days the same type of ticket? Thanks for your help! :wizard:

A 5-day Base ticket is good for 5 separate days of admission to a single park each day. You cannot use it twice on one day to enter different parks. The Disney computers are pretty smart in that respect and the CM manning the turnstile will direct you to Guest Services to add the hopping option if you care to enter a second park on the same day.

You can buy a 4 day base ticket and a one day hopper. But it will likely cost you more than to just buy a 5 day hopper. When Disney changed the ticket pricing system last year they made it much cheaper per day when you buy more days. When you get to something like day 6 or 7 it's only a couple or so dollars more per day for the hoppers. I suggest you check out the prices on allearsnet.com or wdwinfo.com. You can also find discount info on mousesaver.com.

That really blew my mind... there is an $8 difference between the four day and the eight day pass! Sure made it easy for us to decide to stay on-site our entire trip.

Hopping costs the same per ticket regardless of the number of days. So there is no advantage in getting a separate ticket just for the days you want to hop and in fact two short tickets always cost more than one long ticket for just the days involved.

You do not have to stay at an on-site resort to get days 5 through 8 on your ticket for just eight more dollars.

There is one rare circumstance where using both a leftover ticket and a new ticket during the same vacation can be advantageous -- If you need to park-hop on exactly one day and you have a leftover hopping ticket, buy an expiring non-hopping ticket to cover all the other days and use the leftover ticket just on the day you want to park-hop.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/dispass.htm

Hmm... I have 4 park-hopping days left on a non-expiring 10 day ticket. I was going to buy a 6-day expiring park-hopper for 2007. We'll probably only going to need to park hop once or twice... let's say just once. The difference between a six day expiring park hopper ($233) and a five day expiring non-park hopper ($199) is $34. So the question is whether it is worth it to use up that one day left on my expiring pass....

You can't make just one day of a multi-day ticket into a hopper. You have to make the whole ticket a hopper, or none.

You could get a 4-day non-hopper, and a 1-day hopper, but a 1-day hopper is so expensive that it would more than wipe out any savings. It;s actually cheaper to get a 5-day hopper than to get a 4-day non-hopper and a 1-day hopper.

The hopper option is only $40, flat rate no matter how many days, so I'd recommend that you and your friends adjust your budgets and spring for the hopper option. An extra $40 between now and next summer shouldn't be too difficult to come up with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter