Tickets - Online Discount vs AP Discount

MIChessGuy

(Almost) Too Old for Roller Coasters
I saw the deal at Universal's website offering the "third day free" for tickets purchased online. And there is also the AP discount for tickets purchased at the gate. Assuming that an AP holder needs a 3-day park to park ticket for a traveling companion, which discount is better? I am not a fan of doing ticket stuff at the gate, so if it's a matter of eating 2 or 3 bucks to avoid that, I'd probably do it.

The thing with the AP discount is that it is off of gate prices. I'd go with the buy 2 get one free deal that is online right now. Just make sure you realize that there is a "use by" date on these promotional tickets.

I think the 3 day park to park with AP discount is about $155.70 before taxes

The promo ticket is $139.99 ---- $151.24 including taxes

Those are for print at home tickets

Undercover tourist has it for $149.09 tax and shipping included.

Thanks, it does sound like Undercover Tourist is the way to go. I had forgotten about the expiration date associated with the promotional ticket. That could be a problem if plans change.

By the way, I looked around today for the discounted 3-day ticket that Costco had been selling, but no dice. Another thread here noted that this ticket seems to have disappeared, possibly for good, or maybe just until new tickets with a 2016 expiration date become available. D'oh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter