Tickets on eBay

punksmom

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have any advice about purchasing their Universal Studios/IOA tickets on ebay? I am a collector of hummel plates and have purchase a few on ebay with no complaints but not sure how the tickets would work :confused3

We are planning to spend one day during our WDW visit at the end of August. It will be our first time to Universal.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Buying tickets on ebay is something I would be VERY careful about. With the current $86 deal, I don't know if I would even consider it.

That said, I've sold tickets to Universal on ebay twice (due to a change in plans), so I know there are some honest sellers out there.

However, I've also seen auctions where they were offering "part" of their tickets for sale (they would use, or have already used, a couple of the days of the 5 or 7 day ticket, and you would use the rest). Either they don't know better, or they are dishonest, because you can't do that.

Buying tickets on ebay is something I would be VERY careful about. With the current $86 deal, I don't know if I would even consider it.
That is excellent advice. I wouldn't purchase ANY theme park tickets on ebay...it's just too risky.

That was what I was thinking - too good to be true!

Thank you both for the responses.

I will buy and sell almost anything on Ebay, have been for 10 years. Disney and Universal tickets are things I would never buy again. Bought some for Disney quest from seller with very good feedback, they were about half door price. got there to use them and they had already been used. Had to pay full price and lost my money, tries and tried to contact seller but no chance.

I will buy and sell almost anything on Ebay, have been for 10 years. Disney and Universal tickets are things I would never buy again. Bought some for Disney quest from seller with very good feedback, they were about half door price. got there to use them and they had already been used. Had to pay full price and lost my money, tries and tried to contact seller but no chance.

That's what I would be afraid of too.

On the flip side, I was very nervous selling the Universal tickets both of the times that I did, because I was afraid that the buyer might use them and then try to claim that they couldn't and do a chargeback on Paypal. Since I've got a 100% positive feedback, I was concerned until they used them and reported back favorably.

Tickets are just kind of a scary item for me...:scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter