• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tickets now or later?

lorax123

DIS Veteran
DW and I both have 2 unused WDW days from 2006. We purchased the non-expiration option at the end of our trip and put the tickets aside in-case of an emergency. Well, the time has come to break the glass and pull the lever!

We have tickets and can't utilize FP until we get them put onto our Magic Bands. Sucks, but whatever, just like the olden days and running to get on rides first thing in the AM.

The big deal is, we now have 2 kids and they need tickets. Should I buy those off WDW.com now for $395.12, or once we get on-site? (1 adult ticket and 1 child, no hopper)

I was leaning towards waiting 'till we get on site, just in-case we have issues with our old passes. I haven't found any significantly better prices for the tickets online, will the price be the same at the gate?

DW and I both have 2 unused WDW days from 2006. We purchased the non-expiration option at the end of our trip and put the tickets aside in-case of an emergency. Well, the time has come to break the glass and pull the lever!

1. We have tickets and can't utilize FP until we get them put onto our Magic Bands. Sucks, but whatever, just like the olden days and running to get on rides first thing in the AM.

The big deal is, we now have 2 kids and they need tickets.

2. Should I buy those off WDW.com now for $395.12, or once we get on-site? (1 adult ticket and 1 child, no hopper)

3. I was leaning towards waiting 'till we get on site, just in-case we have issues with our old passes.

4. I haven't found any significantly better prices for the tickets online, will the price be the same at the gate?

1. Point of order… You do not put anything ON your MBs.
You put your tickets into your MyDisneyExperience account and then you can make
advanced FP+ reservations (at the appropriate dates.)
Otherwise, MBs do not figure into making FP+ reservations at all.
(And, you don't even need a MB to USE a FP+ in the parks, as you can use
just a regular flat plastic ticket to enter the FP+ lines.)

2. You can buy the tickets from Disney or from any of the authorized ticket resellers like
undercovertourist.com, if you prefer.
Then, connect those tickets to your MyDisneyExperience account.

3. If you want to book FP+ in advance, you need to purchase tickets in advance.

4. Tickets on-line from Disney and at the gates from Disney are identical prices, down to the penny, including tax.

Last edited:
FP+ thread found HERE. Read post #1 and #2 for FP+recommendations and timing advice.

-Also see-

Booking and Modifying FP+ found HERE.

Thanks Robo.

Unfortunately, these tickets are from 2006 and can't be added to MYDE. We have to hit up Guest Services as soon as we get to the hotel.

Since the ticket prices are the same on-site, we may as well wait until we get there. Doesn't seem like there will be any advantage to buying them now, since we couldn't book FP's for our entire party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter