Tickets for Vatican Museum and the museum in Florence (w/David)

Valencia Joe

Mouseketeer
I have read in a number of boards that getting tickets and/or reservations for the Vatican Museum and the museum in Florence that houses David is highly recommended before leaving for your Med. Cruise. Is that true or can we risk it and get them while we are there? I know August is a busy month in Italy because it is their "vacation month" where almost the entire country is off. If I need to do things ahead of time, where do I go? Is there a place on-line or a number to call? Thanks in advance!

You can click here for the Accademia Gallery in Florence (where David is.)

For Vatican information, click here. I don't think you can order tickets in advance. You'll have to stand in a long line once you get there. However, if you can pick up a local Vatican guide on the street, they can get you past the lines and right inside. Of course, you'll need to provide an appropriate tip at the end of your tour. We were lucky that our limo driver found a firecracker 80-something year old lady for us. She was wonderful!

Thanks for the link to the Florence Museum. Now, where is the statue of David? I know it is this particular one, but there are six or seven different areas in that one museum.

You enter, go left, then go right and down the gallery. He's right there bigger than life at the end. There will be plenty of people there to direct you.

We just got back from the Vatican Museum. We waited in line for almost TWO HOURS !! And it was very hot !! I was soaked with sweat by the time we got inside. And then it was wall to wall people all trying to get to the Sistine Chapel. I felt like a sardine. Enjoy your trip :dance3:

I don't know about reservations for the Vatican, but the question is...

How long do you want to stand in line to see "David". My understanding is that it can be several hours long!!

Reserve ahead - but you have to reserve a specific time frame.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter