Tickets for some character meets?

MsPoppinsTX

Mouseketeer
I've only been on one Disney Cruise (a 3 nighter back in 2010) and we are going on a big extended family cruise over Thanksgiving this year out of Galveston on the Wonder. A family friend mentioned something about getting tickets for character meetings - not sure what she was referring to as I don't remember needing (or even having the option to obtain) a ticket to a character meeting.

Is this a real thing and if so, is it for all characters or just a select few (like Anna and Elsa)?

It's just a select few. Anna and Elsa is one. The Princess Gathering is another. Information on which ones are available by ticket and how to get them will be in the Navigator you get when you check in at the port. There's no cost. You just need to pick them up on embarkation day.

Great, thanks! So this is not something I have to worry about pre-booking while I'm booking my excursions and other things I can do in advance. (The family looks to me to "know it all" - so just want to be prepared).

It will be listed on the Navigator ( Newsletter) that you will receive when you check in at the port. Or you can download the Navigator app.
It's on the front right hand side. You will need to do this on the day you board.
image.jpgimage.jpg

There are lots of character meets that don't require tickets. This will also be listed in the Navigator.

image.jpg

Last edited:

If you are on a 7 night cruise, your character breakfast may be a ticketed event as well. Again, no cost, just need tickets as it will only be offered one morning. This is a new change to the ships as well. Just refer to your Navigator upon boarding.

We were advised on the Magic earlier this month, the new Character Breakfast is only offered on sailings with at least three sea days so not sure what your itinerary is, but just FYI :)

Heather

I left my husband and daughter in the room after lunch to rest while I went to go stand in the loooong line for tickets at the port adventure desk (if ur actually going there for a port adventure you go to a separate side of the desk and don't have to wait in the line). I waited maybe 40 minutes, but we were still in port so I was web surfing and texting on my phone so it wasn't horrible. They told me what times and days were still available and I had plenty of choices. I liked this system and thought it was a big improvement over the line to do the princess meet the year before.

Does anyone know when DCL began the Anna and Elsa meets? Last year's DVC Member Cruise was on Aigust 24, and the Navigator mentioned getting tickets for the Princess Gathering, but not Anna and Elsa. I wonder why.

Anna and Elsa are very popular. The tickets keep people from having to spend their time waiting in line. They can just show up at their assigned time.

Does anyone know when DCL began the Anna and Elsa meets? Last year's DVC Member Cruise was on Aigust 24, and the Navigator mentioned getting tickets for the Princess Gathering, but not Anna and Elsa. I wonder why.

Were you on the Dream? I believe the Dream was the last ship to get Anna and Elsa, and it might have been late last fall...

Enjoy your cruise!

With the tickets, it's just to keep the lines relatively short. For Elsa and Anna I waited 30 min. (which isn't bad considering at Disney they are a 2+ hour wait). With the free tickets it's first come first serve and you get the closest time. You can ask for a later time, but there's not much they really can do. It's sorta like WDW old fast pass system. The tickets are just for the pricesses, so characters like Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, etc. don't require a ticket. (This was at least true when I went on my cruise during Spring Break).

On the magic last week tickets were required for the marvel characters(Thor, Captain America and Spider-Man) the princesses and Ana and Elsa (we only went for the marvel) they are first come first served and you are given a time slot, think this just helps to reduce the ques in the atrium/corridors. It was really slick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter